Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Self Defense or Excessive Force?

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    He was on the ground with a bullet in his head, do you think he posed an immediate threat?

Better yet put a cop in the mans position, would that cop still have his job today? No, he'd be behind bars.
    Everyone knows (or should be aware) that people with little self-defense or weapon training commonly UNLOAD their weapon on their assailant, that's a fact as old as revolvers and semi-autos themselves. Look at the women that stab a man that has beat them 30 or 60 times...it's not about getting the job done, they simply lose control. An officer would normally have a situation like this under control, they are trained to not allow their emotions get between them and their duty.

On the other hand though, I think the pharmacist knew the most painful and least lethal place to be shot is where the suspect took the 5 hits. THERE ARE NO VITAL ORGANS THERE. It's 100% severe agony and highly unlikely to be an instant death. It would take hours to die from taking bullets in the stomach or intestines...a very slow painful death. If the suspect was seen as a threat after taking the head shot (none of you know how severe) then he did EXACTLY the right thing by shooting him in the least lethal place. See paragraph 1 again.

Toyota Tech

Talking about how officers are supposed to keep control, and how normal people can loose it. Remember a few weeks ago the video posted of all them officers beating the unconscious man when he was tossed from his vehicle. He was face down, unmoving, yet a group of police officers, trained to control and restrain themselves, jumped on him beating and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutling
    Talking about how officers are supposed to keep control, and how normal people can loose it. Remember a few weeks ago the video posted of all them officers beating the unconscious man when he was tossed from his vehicle. He was face down, unmoving, yet a group of police officers, trained to control and restrain themselves, jumped on him beating and kicking.
    After he attempted to run an officer over maliciously hitting him with his vehicle. White or black, man or women, old or young I feel zero remorse for him other than I'm sorry he wasn't conscious to experience it. From a professional and ethical stand-point no it was not right.

Toyota Tech

I was using it as en example of how people loose it in situations like that. Those were trained professionals and lost it, how do people expect that pharmacist to have kept control after being threatened with his life.

(ps i was completely for the beating, and completely for that pharmacist to empty his gun in the guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutling
    I was using it as en example of how people loose it in situations like that. Those were trained professionals and lost it, how do people expect that pharmacist to have kept control after being threatened with his life.

(ps i was completely for the beating, and completely for that pharmacist to empty his gun in the guy.)
    I don't think they lost it per say, there was full intent to do what they did before the cars even got shoved into park. They all witnessed an attempt to kill an officer, as soon as that was seen I guarantee every single one of them said either to themselves or out loud that they were going to beat his ass for that...and they did.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper
    I would say this to anyone, to their face. Why should illegals be treated to our constitution and Laws that we pay taxes to uphold? Do I think beating some random illegal to death is wrong, morally yes, should that case be treated like any other, no.
    Paying taxes has nothing to do with protection of the law, the law applies to everyone. Think about all the seniors living on social security/VA, kids too young to work, full-time students, etc etc. The law protects them the same as it does CEO's etc. Murder is murder under the law, no matter who the victim is.

K so whats the update on the old man?

Quote Originally Posted by gerardojdm
    you make the perfect punching bag for me and all mexican you waste of sperm

are you kidding me? this is blatant racial bashing.
    Who knows?

the first shot is self defense. I disagree with him coming back and shooting him 5 more times, 2 would have been ok, but i also disagree with the murder charge. fuck the mom, fuck the NAACP for making this a racial issue and fuck sharpton/jackson whenever they stick their fat noses into this mess.
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SL65AMG
    the first shot is self defense. I disagree with him coming back and shooting him 5 more times, 2 would have been ok, but i also disagree with the murder charge. fuck the mom, fuck the NAACP for making this a racial issue and fuck sharpton/jackson whenever they stick their fat noses into this mess.
    not being sarcastic here at all, honestly curious as to why 2 shots is ok but 5 isn't.
    Who knows?

I would like too see exactly how the attempted robbery happened. But without that the 5 extra shots seems excessive. However it was a "crime" of passion and murder 1 will never stick.

excessive force i would think because for him to go back in and then shoot shoot him again after he was still laying there when the clerk ran out after the other guy.I think the 1st shot done the trick just because if it didn't the robber would of got up and left wow the clerk ran out.But the motive changes from self defense to murder when he comes back and the kids is still laying there he fires more shots.

1) selfdefense= upon entry and feeling threaten shootin him
    2) murder= coming back seeing the kid is not dead and shootin him more even thoe he can not be harmed by the kid..
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

Quote Originally Posted by stay_up
    excessive force i would think because for him to go back in and then shoot shoot him again after he was still laying there when the clerk ran out after the other guy.I think the 1st shot done the trick just because if it didn't the robber would of got up and left wow the clerk ran out.But the motive changes from self defense to murder when he comes back and the kids is still laying there he fires more shots.

1) selfdefense= upon entry and feeling threaten shootin him
    2) murder= coming back seeing the kid is not dead and shootin him more even thoe he can not be harmed by the kid..
    You know, here's what I can't understand though. This guy didn't exactly ask to be robbed. In my opinion I would be pretty pissed if someone shot at me, therefore I would shoot to kill, regardless of the stupid technicalities that people have imposed. I don't see how ANYONE can think it is ok to charge him for getting robbed?! When that kid decided to shoot at the clerk, he absolved the clerk of all responsibility in my eyes. If the clerk had come back and poured salt in the kid's wound I would be perfectly fine with it, HE ASKED FOR IT. Can anyone give me an example to show me the flip side of this?? I want to understand the logic where the victim should be charged in a situation where the aggressor was killed in self defense.
    Who knows?

Twincharged

from a personal standpoint, i would say self defense. a prosecutor could argue though that when he saw them disabled, and then went to get another gun, that was pre meditation. we argued cases like this in my justice and ethics class at GSU. its really going to boil down to who brings the better case but IMO if someone threatens my life it is self defense no matter what. i don't care if he was disabled or not, he threatened my life so he is goin down

Quote Originally Posted by Corolla_TC
    from a personal standpoint, i would say self defense. a prosecutor could argue though that when he saw them disabled, and then went to get another gun, that was pre meditation. we argued cases like this in my justice and ethics class at GSU. its really going to boil down to who brings the better case but IMO if someone threatens my life it is self defense no matter what. i don't care if he was disabled or not, he threatened my life so he is goin down

Prosecuter will not be able to prove the kid wasnt conscious when the guy went back to get the other gun. He could just as easily say the robber was moving towards his gun and therefore still felt threatened and shot him. The video doesnt show anything so the defense will then have a perfect reasonable doubt case.

Dude did the crime....dudes doing the time.

The whole problem with leaving him alive is that the asshole can sue the guy who shot him. It's happened all over the place before this case. The guy who broke into the bike shop, fell through the roof and landed on a bike rach impaling himself, sued the owner and won because the bike rack was dangerous. Or the guy that broke into a house, cut himself with a knife and sued....won. Guy shoots a robber in the leg, robber gets arrested and sues....wins.

I say, kill the stupid asshole. He deserved everything he got. The mother deserves a slap in her self righteous face for even attempting to defend his actions.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerardojdm
    bunch of ignorant ass idiots. Some of the things i read sound more like racism. I had a fucking mexican rob me and im a damn mexican myself. Sometimes i wish i could stick my hand in my monitor so i could pop up yours and slap some sense into people like yall.

Explain how 5 white men beat 1 mexican to death and only get 6 month in jail.

In this case, if Caucasian tryed to rob me, ill knock him out unconscious then ill grab my shot gun and blow his head right off. Or Ill pull out a knife and cut his head off. How does that sound?

hmm what about the guy in texas whgo accomodated illegals crossing his property by putting restrooms and running water out for them and he gets sued. you need to slap yourself. well another thing is i would like to hunt down and shoot every illegal for hit and runs in their cars. or when they smash you, you follow and are threatened so you can get your car fixed. i can go on for days about that subject.

i stand by my word, if you pull a gun on me and try to rob me/ etc, i will kill you. btw what white person would want to rob a mexican, seriously nobody wants autozone parts for their cars.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck
    hmm what about the guy in texas whgo accomodated illegals crossing his property by putting restrooms and running water out for them and he gets sued. you need to slap yourself. well another thing is i would like to hunt down and shoot every illegal for hit and runs in their cars. or when they smash you, you follow and are threatened so you can get your car fixed. i can go on for days about that subject.

i stand by my word, if you pull a gun on me and try to rob me/ etc, i will kill you. btw what white person would want to rob a mexican, seriously nobody wants autozone parts for their cars.

hahahahahahahahahaha +reps!

ignore that gerardo kid, he's all pissy for some reason cause he's mexican and feels wronged. not sure why, considering it wasn't brought up until he opened his big trap. Typical ignorance.
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Glides
    The whole problem with leaving him alive is that the asshole can sue the guy who shot him. It's happened all over the place before this case. The guy who broke into the bike shop, fell through the roof and landed on a bike rach impaling himself, sued the owner and won because the bike rack was dangerous. Or the guy that broke into a house, cut himself with a knife and sued....won. Guy shoots a robber in the leg, robber gets arrested and sues....wins.
    or the problem is the money-based lawyers that will strip you just so they can have a part of it knowing what they're defending is absolutely wrong.
    i suppose, all in all, if the robbers werent there, nothing would've happened. dying after five shots or dead with the first shot--he still shouldnt have been there doing any other than purchasing.
    I give out reps....

Self Defense. If you rob someone, and get shot, it's part of the risk. As for the 5 additional shots, I don't know. We weren't there, but if the guy was still moving I would have shot him 5 more times, hell I might have unloaded the whole clip. I'll tell you this much, break into my home, and you'll meet my 12 ga. loaded with slugs. I will only need one shot.

a cop told me, if you were to kill someone that robs you in your home, the Georgia will prosecute you when you are the victim... isnt that wonderful?
    I give out reps....

Quote Originally Posted by khaxnguyen
    a cop told me, if you were to kill someone that robs you in your home, the Georgia will prosecute you when you are the victim... isnt that wonderful?
    That's why you plant the knife on him before the cops get there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123