Thread: The Federal reserve is now buying $300 billion in us treasury bonds

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Default The Federal reserve is now buying $300 billion in us treasury bonds

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29769858 this is the full article

Global stocks traded higher, as did the dollar against the euro, Thursday after the Federal Reserve's surprise announcement it would buy $300 billion in US Treasurys in order to help the ailing economy.

But experts tell CNBC they have concerns over the Fed's latest move and that the current national balance sheet is a disaster.

US is Already 'Bankrupt'

these are all quotes, but there is videos comments for everybody given an opinion.
    Technically, the U.S. is already "bankrupt" because it has a debt that is almost four times the size of its economy, says Puru Saxena, CEO of Puru Saxena Wealth Management. He tells CNBC that the U.S. is at risk of hyperinflation. there are a lot of good comments, some referring to china in good and bad ways. now i'm not sure if im right on this, but isn't that what happened in solalia, or zimbabwee, one of those countries, the world bank debt was "forgiven" but they have a trillion dollar bill. lol

CNBC.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fed to Buy Treasurys is Not a Good Sign

uhh ohh, there goes the neighborhood. our own federal reserve is now buying our public debt, last time i heard the US was bankrupt was maybe the great depression. they also own a lot of stake in a lot of banks, thank goodness some of them gave the money back, but it thinke they may have gotten screwed in the first place. and if the banks were in such bad shape how come they cann all of the sudden just give the money back saying "we didn't even reallt need it." Bush was a crappy salemen, but obama is a much more smooth talker. lol
    Last edited by preferredduck; 03-21-2009 at 02:17 AM.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

hmm also last time i heard of massive loans being called in was at the beginning of the great depression, i reaaly hope not but damn.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

zimbabwe is the one with inflation in the hundred-million-percent range.....
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SL65AMG
    zimbabwe is the one with inflation in the hundred-million-percent range.....
    yep, their debt was just "forgiven" by the IMF. go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck
    yep, their debt was just "forgiven" by the IMF. go figure.

they now use US dollars as their currency.... thats what i heard at least.... go figure
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!