Thread: 2009 Tea Party

Default 2009 Tea Party

I know most, if not all of the regulars to this section has heard about them, what do you think?

Personally I think it is a great thing, but still on a far too small of scale to amke a difference. To those that say these tea parties are an afront to the Boston tea Party, I think they are wrong. It started with the original stimulous plan that only had about a 30-35% favorability with the general public, yet flew through the Senate with no real problems, and then they bribed the House with pork to pass it through there. Then they did it again last month, now they are at it again with the uncontrolled spending again now. The total for the 3 bills combined, a measly 1.987 TRILLION dollars of our money. Add the costs of intrest to that amount and we have seen the national debt that took nearly 235 years to aquire increase by 25% in less than 6 months.

Before anyone jumps on the republican vs democrat bandwagon. or the Bush vs Obama bandwagon, they are ALL at fault. Every single person in Congress, the Senate, and in the White House that has signed off on these bills, added pork to these bills, and by mearly voting yes to any or all of these bills is a leading factor in the downfall of this country. Each of them is a threat to our national security by not keeping the budget in check. They are all at fault for not speaking out against govt interference in prvate industries.

I have a vested intrest in financials recovering as I have a few thousand dollars of my own money invested in these companies, but if they cannot survive on their own, they need to fail, re-organize, and come back smarter and leaner.

I hope these tea parties continue and they get larger and more vocal. I hope to see someone in congress stop for just a second and look beyond their own re-election and do what is right for this country. Most importantly, I hope this will cause the average American to stop and figure out just how much damage our elected officials can do if they are not held accountable for their actions while they are suposedly representing us. "No taxation without representation" has taken on a new meaning these days. Our elected officials know that we, as a nation, are too stupid to understand the damage they are doing and they know that re-election is but an empty promise away. It has been a very long time since Americans have been under the rule of tyranny and I can say with a large degree of confidance that we no longer value our freedom, we simply take it for granted. We will happily barter away our freedoms one at a time for that new car or that laughable $600 stimuous check. We are quickly becoming a welfare state that is 100% dependant on the govt. The framers of this country are rolling in their graves right now and we have no one to blame but ourselves and our neighbors.

/rant

I agree with you on all of these points but the fact of the matter is that noone wil be able to organize the revolution needed to make a "change" that will work. There will always be a snake in the grass and ruin a perfectly good revolt against the sham of a government that has for too long lied it's way into office by giving false hopes and promises to the American public. The sheep will never allow us to hit the reset button on our elected leaders.
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    I know most, if not all of the regulars to this section has heard about them, what do you think?

Personally I think it is a great thing, but still on a far too small of scale to amke a difference. To those that say these tea parties are an afront to the Boston tea Party, I think they are wrong. It started with the original stimulous plan that only had about a 30-35% favorability with the general public, yet flew through the Senate with no real problems, and then they bribed the House with pork to pass it through there. Then they did it again last month, now they are at it again with the uncontrolled spending again now. The total for the 3 bills combined, a measly 1.987 TRILLION dollars of our money. Add the costs of intrest to that amount and we have seen the national debt that took nearly 235 years to aquire increase by 25% in less than 6 months.

Before anyone jumps on the republican vs democrat bandwagon. or the Bush vs Obama bandwagon, they are ALL at fault. Every single person in Congress, the Senate, and in the White House that has signed off on these bills, added pork to these bills, and by mearly voting yes to any or all of these bills is a leading factor in the downfall of this country. Each of them is a threat to our national security by not keeping the budget in check. They are all at fault for not speaking out against govt interference in prvate industries.

I have a vested intrest in financials recovering as I have a few thousand dollars of my own money invested in these companies, but if they cannot survive on their own, they need to fail, re-organize, and come back smarter and leaner.

I hope these tea parties continue and they get larger and more vocal. I hope to see someone in congress stop for just a second and look beyond their own re-election and do what is right for this country. Most importantly, I hope this will cause the average American to stop and figure out just how much damage our elected officials can do if they are not held accountable for their actions while they are suposedly representing us. "No taxation without representation" has taken on a new meaning these days. Our elected officials know that we, as a nation, are too stupid to understand the damage they are doing and they know that re-election is but an empty promise away. It has been a very long time since Americans have been under the rule of tyranny and I can say with a large degree of confidance that we no longer value our freedom, we simply take it for granted. We will happily barter away our freedoms one at a time for that new car or that laughable $600 stimuous check. We are quickly becoming a welfare state that is 100% dependant on the govt. The framers of this country are rolling in their graves right now and we have no one to blame but ourselves and our neighbors.

/rant

bingo, there is no single party at fault here, it's all elected officials. we rank like 28th in education around the world and they keep us "dumbed down" in front of our TV's, and internet, video games, etc. they don't want us to think for ourselves and just go along with what they want. you are right we do take freedom for granted these days and most people don't realize most of our freedom has been taken away already(patriot act) and we let it happen. i have somewhat lost faith in the system. too many events have happened in recent years and our debt grow. im 27, had a good job and lost it b/c of a neck injury and a comment a fellow coworker made that offended me(called me something you eat with chicken noodle soup). well i had insurance but could not get treatment. so i applied for medicaid to try to get treatment and was laughed out of the building. i have a pinched nerve in my neck that causes severe headaches(daily) along with many other unpleasant effects aswell. yet when i used to do personal loans several young male clients told me to go apply for dissability like they did. they said they get it b/c thier anti-depression meds make it where they can't work. and they received benefits for some bs. well i take 4 oxycodone 15mg, 2 soma, and a valuim 10 a day and cannot get medicaid. and the gov't keeps throwing billions at failing companies(aig, gm, bank of america) and they keep coming back for more. WTF where is my help. they can get billions and i can't even get 2grand for trigger point injections and am in constant pain. i have lost faith in the system big time, and agree with you jimmy if they can't stay afloat, let them go under and restructure, im about to go under so why can't they?
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

This is what I mean by the welfare state. 50% of the votes in this country are for sale to the canidate that promises the most. Tax cuts, more unemployment, more welfare, fixing your mortgage to keep you in the house you cant afford. It all returns to the same premise, you vote for who helps you most, not the country.

Obama says he is going to help the middle class and eveyone that makes less than 250k a year. Why not reward those that strive to better themselves? Why not punish those that only look for the govt to take care of them? It is high time that the govt starts enforce self reliance. They need to quit rewarding bad behavior and punishing responsible behavior. Unless they do make that change we will become a nation of non-acheivers. As it is it is hard to suceed in this world, yet our very govt is doing its best to make it harder.

This is what I mean by the welfare state. 50% of the votes in this country are for sale to the canidate that promises the most. Tax cuts, more unemployment, more welfare, fixing your mortgage to keep you in the house you cant afford. It all returns to the same premise, you vote for who helps you most, not the country.

Obama says he is going to help the middle class and eveyone that makes less than 250k a year. Why not reward those that strive to better themselves? Why not punish those that only look for the govt to take care of them? It is high time that the govt starts enforce self reliance. They need to quit rewarding bad behavior and punishing responsible behavior. Unless they do make that change we will become a nation of non-acheivers. As it is it is hard to suceed in this world, yet our very govt is doing its best to make it harder.

no i don't want welfare, and i surely don't want dissability, i just need a little help until i can obtain insurance. i was let go and punished at my full time job b/c of a neck injury, yet the lady who had the desk next to me had insurance through the company, received food stamps and tanf and made more $ than i did. ohh did i mention earlier that i turned down the foodstamps they threw at me a couple of months ago. i have always had the same attitude as you until the last 6mos when i legitimately hurt everyday from the time i get up til the time i go to bed and have had no income. i do not have a 400,000 house that i can't afford, don't have a new car, and only after i was let go did i have any debt at all b/c i still had to go to the doc, er, mri, etc. do you know how hard it is to find a job(or keep one) when your head hurts so bad you throw up, shake, can't see straight, numbness, tingling on the whole left side of your body and it never ends. the bad part is if aetna would have let me get trigger point injections i would prob be in a better state, but again big business kept me from doing that as i was denied time and time again. hell i can't even work on my car anymore b/c of how i fell so that means no more buying and selling cars like i used to while i also worked fulltime(i wanted to own my own business one day) but at the moment i'm stuck. so if you want to put me in a welfare state go ahead, i don't use the system like 50% of the people do, and this conversation can get even more ugly about who abuses the system the most. also if you would like we can find a way to get you a pinched nerve if you like so you can see what it fells like to have a headache 24/7, just get on 85, cut the wheel at 80mph, hit the wall and a few other cars and i'm sure it'll rupture a disc in your neck like mine is.
    Last edited by preferredduck; 03-03-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

and as a matter of fact i was a loan afficer and never ever did a ARM mortgage, had several friends who bought more house than they could afford, but i never once even sold that crappy product, i was always doing a 30yr fixed for the exact reason most people are defaulting today, it made no sense.

btw how much has iraq costs us? and we are still there and will be for a few years. that is a big waste of money, unless your haliburton or an oil company!!!!

in some instances yes iraq is a big waste, however it is one of those catch22 situations in that sooner or later we would have gone in anyways. Iraq and Iran have always and will always be a thorn in our sides, a lot of you are too young and most of you just don't care but Iran tryed to buck up once and they will again. That my friends will be WWIII!
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck
    btw how much has iraq costs us? and we are still there and will be for a few years. that is a big waste of money, unless your haliburton or an oil company!!!!

Where do you keep getting these tired, worn out war conspiracy theories? It really is old.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMNORI
    in some instances yes iraq is a big waste, however it is one of those catch22 situations in that sooner or later we would have gone in anyways. Iraq and Iran have always and will always be a thorn in our sides, a lot of you are too young and most of you just don't care but Iran tryed to buck up once and they will again. That my friends will be WWIII!
    it may not be the main cause but it will definitely be a player in beginning it.
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SL65AMG
    it may not be the main cause but it will definitely be a player in beginning it.

The actual countries are not even a factor, the factor that will draw the world there will be oil.

I belive that its all a "my dick is bigger than yours" issue. It's always the two biggest kids on the block trying to prove whos bigger and badder than the other. Thats life, however this could also bring on the end for many if they dont just give it up and learn how to better its people than itself!

Where do you keep getting these tired, worn out war conspiracy theories? It really is old.
    its not hard to see, they have the biggest oil reserve on the planet, and what is our largest import to the counrty, well oil. if i recall a big issue was made when people found out that haliburton was given exclusive contracts for the "rebuilding of iraq", and actually did a pretty crappy job. and the fact that cheney was the ceo or VP of haliburton until he was VP of the US does not sit well with me. Oil is something the us depends on, and when we go to an oil rich counrty and overthrow the gov't then it looks bad to the world. and yes they say iran poses a threat, we only see on tv what rupert murdoch and friends approve of. notice the 2nd link i sent you for glenn beck at fox, he made a big deal about the story and by 5pm ran away from it, it was kind of funny but if he were free to do what he wanted then he would have ran the story. do some research on the haliburton issue and you will see many red flags on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMNORI
    yes they have tried before, but the roots go deeper, and sadly since they are oil rich nations they have some people by the balls.

The actual countries are not even a factor, the factor that will draw the world there will be oil.
    you said it there, oil oil oil oil oil oil oil oil oil. it's what everyone on the planet wants, but won't have in 20 years.

you said it there, oil oil oil oil oil oil oil oil oil. it's what everyone on the planet wants, but won't have in 20 years.

The US alone has enough oil to supply the entire world for more than 50 years.

how the hell did this thread turn into another one of your retarded ass conspiracy theory threads?

how the hell did this thread turn into another one of your retarded ass conspiracy theory threads?
    wow it's not a conspiracy theory thread, nowhere in here have a stated conspiracy, you referred to welfare state and wasting money and votes being for sale for welfare, housing bailout, etc, and i simply stated how much of a waste of money iraq has been, now thats a waste. you even stated people had interest in the area for oil, same thing i said.
    you said--The actual countries are not even a factor, the factor that will draw the world there will be oil.---
    meaning people are interested in the region b/c of oil. if you think we went over there only for terrorism you are dead wrong, where the hell is osama, what about pakistan, ohh no GW is not here to cowboy up anymore. you need to get your retarded head out of your retarded ass, you must be republican, and don't say"you must be a democrat" b/c i am niether party thank you. when someone brings up something you don't agree with it's aretarded conspiracy theory. the fair tax i would say is the only thing i would agree with you on period b/c finally everyone in the goddamn counrty would contribute. even obama's cabinet would be ok that way.

The US alone has enough oil to supply the entire world for more than 50 years.
    hows that? buried in alaska? lol

we're just being stingy..... hell yeah

although that could pose a problem in the future
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SL65AMG
    hows that? buried in alaska? lol

we're just being stingy..... hell yeah

although that could pose a problem in the future

Alaska, Cali, Florida, all along the east coast, oil shale and oil deposits in Wyoming, N. Dakota.

The US has HUGE reserves of oil that politicians will not us use.

Alaska, Cali, Florida, all along the east coast, oil shale and oil deposits in Wyoming, N. Dakota.

The US has HUGE reserves of oil that politicians will not us use.

i didnt know that. cool
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!

there is oil off the gulf coast, mass amounts in alaska, along with natural gas, dakotas and wyoming and in the area of arches national park in utah. there are actually oil companies paying really good money to find out who owns the mineral rights to the land where the oil is found in the dakotas. my family has 3 capped oil wells in illinois which we are being offered to uncap and start pumping again, which is prob going to happen soon. also with the oil shale it is mainly found in the rockies and takes a lot more energy to produce oil from and only a few companies are working on that at the moment, it's kind of like the oil coming from canada, real dirty to make, plus it might destroy 2/3 of the rocky mountains. before we do that i say we kick the foriegn countries off the gulf coast and drill ourselves, but in reality we need to get away from oil, if not it will be the demise of the world.

but in reality we need to get away from oil, if not it will be the demise of the world.
    But in reality, there is no viable alternative that is ready for mass usage. The US alone could save several million barrells of oil a year if they replaced the oil buring power plants with nuke.

But in reality, there is no viable alternative that is ready for mass usage. The US alone could save several million barrells of oil a year if they replaced the oil buring power plants with nuke.
    yep,the only other option readily avail is natural gas, i don't see why we still have oil burning power plants, that is a waste for sure. if we could provide massive wind, solar, hydrogen, and nuke power plants we would be ok, and this BS about clean coal is useless, there is no such thing. natural gas could power our autos but it would cost some money to convert, and most diesel could use bio instead, another costly conversion. right now i think china burns more coal than anyone, it's getting so bad we are starting to get pollution on the west coast from china. hell you can make any car run off hydrogen, but anything that the hrdrogen touches would have to be stainless steel(exhaust,valve,pistons, etc) honda is the only car company making such a thing at the moment and produces water, which we would split back to hydrogen. another thing they are looking into is plasma, fusion, or something like that. they are building a facility overseas that would power the earth once it works, but it's hotter than the sun. i saw that on modern marvels.

just remember that if we start drilling in the dakotas the little tree huggers are gonna shit themselve if one single living organism dies. Fucking little crybabies.