Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
I will write this off as a philosophical difference. We could fight it over for years and never change anyones mind.

This old, tired excuse isnt even worth talking about. Iraq has nothing to do with cheaper oil. I wont agrue that oil may have played in a role, but in a sense that securing those fields would keep the oil flowing for everyone, and not just to those that were Iraq's friends.
i never said it'd result in cheaper oil. hell, i honestly feel like it'll result in more expensive oil. you're absolutely right, it's beneficial to keep the oil flowing for everyone...but at what cost? hell, with the amount of money being spent we could've put that into "green energy" development and just say screw oil.

Hannity did it and I looked over it. Every time Obama hit a particular milestone on his way to the White House the dow dropped. It started with his wins in the primaries, then when he finally pulled away from McCain in mid October. After he got elected it dropped, then dropped again with the TARP bill passing. It dropped with Giethner's speech on TARP 2, it dropped again with his speech on bailing out people who were too irresponsible to buy a house they could afford.
hannity did it.....hannity....sean......hannity....ok. how good do you think the DOW would be doing if mccain made it into office??? the DOW has hit a 6yr low....i.e. 6yrs ago (while bush held the seat) it was at this low point. one could easily say "well, 6yrs ago the stock market fell everytime bush opened his mouth" while we all know that there were BIGGER more significant factors....just like there are today. so...if i were to follow you & mr. hannity's logic, 4th quarter losses had nothing to do with the DOW...the first auto bailout had nothing to do with the DOW...the 2nd request for an auto bailout has nothing to do with the DOW...the high ass unemployment rate has nothing to do with the DOW....the forclosure market has nothing to do with the DOW...the increase in consumer cost has nothing to do with the DOW....hmmm...i guess you two are right...it has nothing to do with any of that, it's all a result of obama winning the election.

This country is based on preception and confidence. Obama has gone back on his campaign promises on several key issues already. How much confidence does that give you in his willingness to make good on others? Even this new bailout left exactly $0 earmarked for Katrina cleanup. As far as dodging Vietnam, there isnt a single democrat that can bring that arguement up. Your hero Bill Clinton put his tail between his legs and ran to Canada. Dont bring up voting record either unless you have the complete bill. EVERY politician, regardless of party, has voted down an otherwise good bill because of pork, or some other stipulation in it.
ummm....let's not even talk about what's in the bailout for lousiana. the lousiana governor REFUSES to take any of the stimulus money. obama still refuses to let those people down though: http://www.nola38.com/pages/abc26new...45&feedID=1154

President Barack Obama has extended the federal office of Gulf Coast rebuilding through September. He also has asked his heads of Homeland Security and Housing and Urban Development to visit the region and New Orleans in early March.
as far as clinton dodging vietnam...well hell, he also opposed the war in iraq...UNLIKE your man chambliss. the difference between the two:
clinton = dislikes unnecessary war
chambliss = coward...refuses to fight, but will send you to fight

So is Giethner's dirt an honest mistake or was it a purposeful attempt to defraud the govt? If it was an honest mistake he is not qualified to do the job he has. If it was on purpose, he is not qualified for the job he has.

Maybe it was an honest mistake consiering it was a new rule. I dont know, I wasnt there, but I stand behind the arguement that the chances are FAR greater that she made a mistake and didnt count per diem as income than Giethner simply made a mistake when he didnt count earned income.

I didnt assume anything. I simply made a comment and was looking for a response.
don't get me wrong...i completely understand your position on geithner, and i agree to an extent. i just view his dirt as minor compared to the rest of our elected officials. i don't think i've ever met a single person who hasn't cheated on their taxes. you obviously feel the same way about palin. her "honest mistake" is ok...but not for giethner. they both have important jobs which include overseeing large amounts of tax payer money.

regardless...i still don't think you understand my point. by your way of thinking, NO ONE IS FIT FOR THE JOB. they're all dirty (which is true), but you have to pick the lesser of two evils sometimes. that's all i'm saying.