19 7.17%
  • 7 - better than...

40 15.09%

15 5.66%

6 2.26%
  • 10 - best

9 3.40%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate Bush as president (scale 1-10)

IA KING

Default Rate Bush as president (scale 1-10)

Rate Bush as president (scale 1-10)

1 - worst
    3 - worse than...
    5 - average
    7 - better than...
    10 - best

--------------------------------------

i chose 4 b/c i think he is a little below average his most positive attribute is how he handled 911

3 he had a few good moments
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

i know i know 8

Our economy flourished, we did great things in terms of national security, taxes were low, we never got attacked again after 9-11

GDP Increased every year

over 95% of Americans had jobs for 99% of his terms

Consumer prices were low

Inflation was low

I dont see where we are that worse off under him than any other president. His numbers are the same if not better than CLintons. I we are SAFER under Bush than we ever were under Clinton IMO.

Look at the numbers, not your personal opinion
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    i know i know 8

Our economy flourished, we did great things in terms of national security, taxes were low, we never got attacked again after 9-11

GDP Increased every year

over 95% of Americans had jobs for 99% of his terms

Consumer prices were low

Inflation was low

I dont see where we are that worse off under him than any other president. His numbers are the same if not better than CLintons. I we are SAFER under Bush than we ever were under Clinton IMO.

Look at the numbers, not your personal opinion
    Looking at numbers America was doing fine under Clinton and fear/war wasn't needed to keep him in office. During Bushes terms our economy has taken a severe downturn starting around 911. He is a failure when it comes to domestic policy and foreign relations. He did a great job with 911 but Katrina was another disaster. I can not see where he is even average. I think may other people could of easily stepped up for 911 depending on their advisers/cabinet. by your post you think he is better president then Clinton - scary. I would of rated Clinton a 6-7.

Mike.....I agree with the points you posted for the most part, but his fails were BIG.

Katrina really left a sour view on him. Point fingers where ever you want, but he was catching the blame either way b/c he has the power to change the direction of an operation. They way it was handled did not give the presence of a Commander in Chief. That was a National Disaster that needed him to depoly resources accordingly. Not all his fault, but he could have done more A LOT faster.

Bush's problem was also in his presentation. When he spoke to the American people, he didn't get his points across very well. He was ALWAYS ill-prepared during speeches. The war was needed, yes and no, but when it came to update the people he FAILED. If we needed to stay in Iraq he wasn't straight with the people on WHY. It gave people a sense of "screw you, I'm running this shit".

9/11 didn't help his term either, which is why I won't say he was horrible, but rather average.

People want answers, but Bush gave his classic face/grin and a joke.

To sum it up, he wasn't that bad, but he sure didn't explain why he did what he did. My baseball mentor Terry Harper always said, "there's a method to my madness".

Certified Gearhead

Man.....I know he made some bad decisions but he had a rough presidency. I mean 9/11, Katrina, Iraq(which he brought on himself), the economy....It was no joy ride. I'm sure it took some years off his life. I kinda feel sorry for him in one way and angry at him in others.
    01' Mercedes C320 $10500 o.b.o. or trade 4 G35 coupe
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...9#post38098929

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Looking at numbers America was doing fine under Clinton and fear/war wasn't needed to keep him in office. During Bushes terms our economy has taken a severe downturn starting around 911. He is a failure when it comes to domestic policy and foreign relations. He did a great job with 911 but Katrina was another disaster. I can not see where he is even average. I think may other people could of easily stepped up for 911 depending on their advisers/cabinet. by your post you think he is better president then Clinton - scary. I would of rated Clinton a 6-7.
    totally wrong. our economy FLOURISHED after 9-11 lol what numbers are you reading lol. Despite 9-11 and a recession inherited fron CLINTON, the economy has been the BEST IT EVER WAS UNDER BUSH LOL Its only started sliding in the last 6-8 months over the housing crises, which IMO is not SOLELY BUSHS fault

I would have rated clinton a 7, only because he drew down our national defense which led IMO (NOTICE I SAID OPINION) to 9-11. As much as i didnt like him, he did some good things and in hind site was pretty conservative

Why is he a failure on Domestic policy? Taxes have been LOW FOR EVERYONE. Bush TAX CUts Grew the economy and did give money back to the people in the middle class (they pay lower now then when Obama will get in when he lets the Tax Cuts expire)

OUr defense has been GREAT.

Foreign Relations? Because he has stood up to people that are harboring terrorists and talked down to people that wouldnt go to war or help out because of their own monetary interests? I mean you call him a war monger, but you got Russia, France who didnt want to do SHIT with IRAQ over OIL. Same with Germany.

I think his foreign relations have been fine. Most people either respect us more, and the ones that hate us, well, they hated us all along
    -www.usedbarcode.net

that bastard gets a 1
    Lsu tigers going # 1 again

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

He's not the worst when you think of global scale and compare him to Pol Pot, Pinochet, Kim Jong IL or Slobaknob Milosevic. So I'll give him a 4 on that regard. But as far as American presidents go I'll give him a 2 because Nixon was worse and nobody remembers < 6 month terms of James A. Garfield and Henry A Whatshisface.

Somebody should make an album of Bush's greatest hits. Including such classics as:

• "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

• "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

• "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

• "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

• "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

• "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

• "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

• "It's your money. You paid for it." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

• "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    Mike.....I agree with the points you posted for the most part, but his fails were BIG.

Katrina really left a sour view on him. Point fingers where ever you want, but he was catching the blame either way b/c he has the power to change the direction of an operation. They way it was handled did not give the presence of a Commander in Chief. That was a National Disaster that needed him to depoly resources accordingly. Not all his fault, but he could have done more A LOT faster.

Bush's problem was also in his presentation. When he spoke to the American people, he didn't get his points across very well. He was ALWAYS ill-prepared during speeches. The war was needed, yes and no, but when it came to update the people he FAILED. If we needed to stay in Iraq he wasn't straight with the people on WHY. It gave people a sense of "screw you, I'm running this shit".

9/11 didn't help his term either, which is why I won't say he was horrible, but rather average.

People want answers, but Bush gave his classic face/grin and a joke.

To sum it up, he wasn't that bad, but he sure didn't explain why he did what he did. My baseball mentor Terry Harper always said, "there's a method to my madness".
    With all due respect, Katrina was NOT SOLELY HIS FAULT.

You had people that REFUSED to leave, you had a mayor that was prob the dumbest motherfucker alive and didnt get the word out, had NO IDEA how to evacuate his city, no contingency plan, etc.

FEMA is supposed to work WITH CITY GOVT, not swoop in an take over. There were blunders on BOTH sides, FEMA, BUSH, New Orleans, etc. Thats why the response to Gustav and the other hurricanes were so much better.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I'll add that the response to Katrina could have been Bush's finest hour, had he and Brownie handled it differently and had emergency services ready to go BEFORE disaster struck.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    I'll add that the response to Katrina could have been Bush's finest hour, had he and Brownie handled it differently and had emergency services ready to go BEFORE disaster struck.
    they were ready, they couldnt get into NO
    -www.usedbarcode.net

now you can believe the liberal media again, but if you really dig deep you find out it was a cluster fuck on all sides. The mayor was the main person to blame

WASHINGTON — Drawing fire from members of Congress over his efforts to coordinate the response and prepare adequately for Hurricane Katrina, former FEMA chief Michael Brown (search) told a House committee Tuesday that his biggest mistake was not realizing early enough that local and state governments in Louisiana were "dysfunctional."

A defiant Brown said he should have known two days before Katrina struck the Gulf Coast that preparations were not going well inside state and local agencies.

"My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday [Aug. 27] that Louisiana was dysfunctional," Brown told Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va., chairman of the panel convened to look at failures to prepare for and respond to Hurricane Katrina.

Brown praised the Federal Emergency Management Agency's response to the disaster, saying that it did what it could and functioned properly internally by beginning to meet mid-week before the hurricane and placing vital personnel and equipment out of harm's way before the storm.

"FEMA pushed forward with everything that it had," but the widespread criticism following its response is coming from people who continue to misunderstand the agency's role, Brown said.

"Guess what, FEMA doesn't own fire trucks; we don't own ambulances; we don't own search-and-rescue equipment. In fact, the only search-and-rescue or emergency equipment that we own is a very small cadre to protect some property that we own around the country. FEMA is a coordinating agency. We are not a law enforcement agency," he said.
    Related

Stories
    o Cops: Superdome Violence Reports Exaggerated
    o Ex-FEMA Chief Fesses Up to Katrina Mistakes
    o Feds: Rita Response Was Better Than Katrina
    o Reps. Propose Pet Safety in Disaster Prep Plans
    o Katrina Inspector General Appointed
    o Did New Orleans Reject Evacuation Aid?
    o La. Hires Clinton's FEMA Chief
    o FEMA Chief Brown Resigns
    o FEMA Scraps Debit Card Program
    o Big Tasks Not New to Katrina Chief
    o FEMA Chief Taken Off On-Site Efforts
    o FEMA Chief Has Become Chief Scapegoat
    o GOP Leaders Seek to Deflect Katrina Outcry With Probe
    o Lawmakers Propose Changes at FEMA
    o FEMA Chief Waited Until After Storm
    o New Orleans Hospitals in Crisis Situation
    o Refugees Heading to Texas
    o La. Island Residents Spared
    o Red Cross: Shelters Filling
    o Looters Strip Stores in Front of Cops
    o New Orleans Hospital Struggles to Help Patients
    o Utilities Rush to Restore Power After Katrina
    o 'It Is Not Safe in New Orleans'
    o Fast Facts: Costliest U.S. Storms
    o Fast Facts: Hurricane Katrina
    o Fast Facts: Deadliest U.S. Hurricanes
    Video
    o Brown Gets Defensive
    o Brown Expresses Regret
    Links
    o Federal Emergency Management Agency

Brown told the committee members that two of his biggest faults in the response were not being able to convince Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco (search) and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin (search ) to act faster and not dealing with the media better.

Brown said he felt "personal regret that I was unable to persuade Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin to sit down, get over their differences and work together. I just couldn't pull that off."

Asked about Brown's comments, Nagin said it's premature to be laying blame on anyone.

"Obviously there were issues across the board. Federal government, state goverment and local government did not have the processes in my opinion to deal with a storm of this magnitude," he said.

After touring storm-damaged Louisiana with President Bush earlier in the day, Blanco later issued a statement defending her actions and refuting Brown's claims.

Blanco said that she ordered the evacuation of New Orleans on Saturday, Aug. 27, not the 28th, as Brown said, and included three parishes — Orleans, Jefferson and Plaquemines — in her Aug. 28 disaster declaration for 14 parishes. Brown said she had not included those.

"Such falsehoods and misleading statements — made under oath before Congress — are shocking. It clearly demonstrates the appalling degree to which Mr. Brown is either out of touch with the truth or reality," Blanco said.

Blame Laid Elsewhere

Brown began his comments Tuesday, saying that while some criticism of all levels of government response to Katrina was valid, "I'll tell you that some of it is just not valid.

"You can't believe everything that you read in the newspapers, or everything that you see on television," Brown said, challenging online reports, magazine stories and other news outlets that he said reported incorrect facts about his resume and professional career.

"One national magazine not only defamed me, but my alma mater, the Oklahoma City University School of Law, in one sentence alone leveling six false charges," Brown said. "I guess it's the media's job, but I don't like it."

Brown added that he let the media manipulate his time, which could have been better spent.

"I failed initially to set up a series of regular briefings to the media about what FEMA was doing throughout the Gulf Coast region. And instead, I became tied to the news shows, going on the news shows early in the morning and late at night, and that was just a mistake," he said.

Without naming any specific officials at the Department of Homeland Security (search), the former emergency management chief also claimed that money he requested from the federal government, which could have improved the response and possibly saved lives, disappeared from his budget before it was submitted to Congress.

Asked about the charge during a separate event, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said that FEMA's budget has increased 13 percent since it was moved to DHS. Chertoff added that FEMA's role has never been one to "have boots on the ground," but instead to help organize search-and-rescue, medical response and other volunteer teams in a partnership.

"I think FEMA did perform admirably in bringing some of these resources to bear," Chertoff said. "As I have said, we raised the budget over the past few years, but again we're going to look again into FEMA's capabilities, other capabilities the federal government has ... And we will, when we have a good sense of the lessons learned, put those lessons into effect as we go forward."

A Shocked and Awed Reaction to Brown's Testimony

Brown's appearance marked the second hearing convened by the House Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate the Preparation for and Response to Hurricane Katrina (search).

Though the inquiry was meant to be bipartisan, Democrats say Republican lawmakers cannot fairly investigate the GOP White House, and are calling for an independent commission. Democrats have largely boycotted the congressional investigation, but William Jefferson, who represents part of New Orleans, did participate in the questioning.

Brown told Jefferson that the emergency response system worked in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida, but not in Louisiana, raising the ire of the congressman, who suggested the former director's accusations are out of line.

"I find it absolutely stunning that this hearing would start out with you, Mr. Brown, laying the blame for FEMA's failings at the feet of the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans," Jefferson said.

"I don't think the response of the federal government can be explained on the basis of, as you have said here, you could not persuade the governor and the mayor to sit down and coordinate a response," he said.

Rep. Christopher Shays (search), R-Conn., said Brown's response to Katrina fell far short of that of former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (search) to the Sept. 11 attacks.

"I can't help but wonder how different the answers would be ... if someone like Rudy Giuliani had been in your position instead of you. I think he would have done things differently and I think his answers to us would have been very different."

Shays went on to say that while Brown had said the communications failures weren't known before the storm struck, the government had been alerted to potential problems during a hurricane response drill known as Hurricane Pam in 2004.

"I'm happy you left," Shays said. "That kind of look in the lights like a deer tells me you weren't capable of doing that job."

Brown took exception to Shays' comments, saying: "I never thought I'd sit here and be berated because I'm not Rudy Giuliani, and I never thought someone would sit here and take out of context the fact that I said I've thought of several things I would do differently. I mentioned two of them.

"There are lots of things that I would do different," Brown added.

Later, Shays told FOX News that while he too thought Nagin and Blanco failed in their duties, Brown did not to step up to his responsibilities.

"What Mr. Brown didn't realize was that this was such a unique circumstance, he needed to step in, be extraordinarily aggressive, fill in the void left by the incompetence of the state and local government," Shays said. "He should have taken charge if no one else was."

Shays added that he believed FEMA suffers from bureaucratic fatigue with a command structure that is not decentralized to allow people on the ground to make decisions.

Brown Defends the Record

Brown announced his resignation from FEMA three days after Chertoff removed him from overseeing the onsite disaster response. During that time, Brown was highly criticized for being a Bush administration political appointee without deep emergency management experience.

President Bush replaced Brown with acting director R. David Paulison. Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad Allen took control of ground operations.

Brown has denied accusations that he padded his resume and pointed out that he has managed the federal government's response to a wide array of emergencies.

"I have overseen over 150 presidentially declared disasters. I know what I am doing. And I think I do a pretty darn good job of it," Brown said.

Brown, who still acts as an adviser for DHS, wasn't appearing with the backing of the Department of Homeland Security, a department spokesman said.

The spokesman said the department had little part in preparing his testimony except for "providing some nuts and bolts facts," and DHS would learn of his remarks on TV.

Before the hearing began Tuesday, new information arose about Brown's actions during the response. According to a congressional memo, Brown has said he was initially unaware of desperate conditions at the New Orleans Convention Center because it was not a planned Hurricane Katrina evacuation site.

In Katrina's aftermath, thousands of people swarmed the convention center, which did not have enough food, water or other supplies and was filled amidst a backdrop of violence and fear.

Brown said he misspoke when he appeared to be unaware during a news interview that residents of New Orleans had assembled at the convention center, and he knew the day before they were going there. Thousands more stayed at the Superdome, where many reports of rapes and murders have since been proved to be unfounded.

Brown said the "hysteric media" is to blame for such misreporting.

Brown resigned on Sept. 12 after running FEMA for more than two years. He has a two-week "transition" period remaining at the agency, during which he will advise the department on "some of his views on his experience with Katrina," Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said. He is receiving full pay for the time that he is in an advisory role, which expires Oct. 12, one month after his resignation.

During a press conference Tuesday, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, lumped Brown into a tirade against the Bush administration, which Reid accused of being plagued by cronyism.

"I mean, it should make us all pause to think that the man who is the poster child of what went wrong with Katrina and FEMA is still on the payroll. Now, it's hard for me to understand that," Reid said.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

With all due respect, Katrina was NOT SOLELY HIS FAULT.

You had people that REFUSED to leave, you had a mayor that was prob the dumbest motherfucker alive and didnt get the word out, had NO IDEA how to evacuate his city, no contingency plan, etc.

FEMA is supposed to work WITH CITY GOVT, not swoop in an take over. There were blunders on BOTH sides, FEMA, BUSH, New Orleans, etc. Thats why the response to Gustav and the other hurricanes were so much better.
    Oh trust me, I know that it was not his fault, but his position trumps the operations of the local officials. It was a National Disaster, Bush's response was shitty. I could rain all day on the rest of the fuckups in regards to Katrina, but the thread is on Bush.

In the position of President, Commander in Chief, he should have handled it better when the shit hit the initial failure fan.

Not completely his fault, but on a weighted average scale, his fail percentage weighed more.

Honestly, I respect the guy because he did handle 9/11 pretty well. No more loons coming this way for fear of us invading them, lol.

Bush may not have been the greatest president, but seriously, do any of you who talk shit about him thing you could do better if you were the president? That is a lot of responsibility to put on one person. You can't make everyone happy. If you try, you will end up pissing more people off.

On another point, the president can't even wipe his ass without the approval of congress. Don't just blame Bush, blame the house and the senate. They approved bush's plans, and didn't override any of bush's vetoes. There is a system of checks and balances. The past and current congress has just chosen (for the most part) not to use this system.
    Land Rover LR3 HSE

I voted a Bush a 5. He had a VERY difficult presidency and any comparisons to Clinton are completely unfounded. Clinton had a completely uneventful presidency, party because of him being spineless, partly becase nothing major happened. No major natural disasters, no single significant terrorist attack, 1 economic meltdown that was very localized and quickly smoothed over without white house intervention, and a very active and bi-partison republican congress. I would imagine ANY president could have done well during those times.

Back to Bush, history will look favorably on Bush, much as it has with FDR and Truman despite low approval at the time. We dont have nearly half the facts on what happened to make Bush head into Iraq. For all we know, they found a massive stockpile of nuke material that has not been made public so as to not cause more fear here at home. Outside of a few major decisions that I really dont like I think he has done well. Those bad economic decisions keep me from rating him high, as does the running of Iraq.

3 is my vote.
    Val for President

IA KING

totally wrong. our economy FLOURISHED after 9-11 lol what numbers are you reading lol. Despite 9-11 and a recession inherited fron CLINTON, the economy has been the BEST IT EVER WAS UNDER BUSH LOL Its only started sliding in the last 6-8 months over the housing crises, which IMO is not SOLELY BUSHS fault

I would have rated clinton a 7, only because he drew down our national defense which led IMO (NOTICE I SAID OPINION) to 9-11. As much as i didnt like him, he did some good things and in hind site was pretty conservative

Why is he a failure on Domestic policy? Taxes have been LOW FOR EVERYONE. Bush TAX CUts Grew the economy and did give money back to the people in the middle class (they pay lower now then when Obama will get in when he lets the Tax Cuts expire)

OUr defense has been GREAT.

Foreign Relations? Because he has stood up to people that are harboring terrorists and talked down to people that wouldnt go to war or help out because of their own monetary interests? I mean you call him a war monger, but you got Russia, France who didnt want to do SHIT with IRAQ over OIL. Same with Germany.

I think his foreign relations have been fine. Most people either respect us more, and the ones that hate us, well, they hated us all along

- Clinton took office unemployment was really high and he was able to get id down under 5%

- Clinton also created more than 2x the jobs monthly than Reagan/Bush Sr.

- Avg family income rose over 6k during his terms

- Raised min wage

- he actually paid off national debt

- home ownership raised to historic heights (but we know now why and what it has caused)

I don't see where you think Clinton did all that bad - beyond everything people liked him and weren't disenchanted w/ their gov like they are today. Reps love to talk about FREEDOMS/SECURITY but you can't put a price on happiness. People just aren't happy with Bush and Reps in general.

see charts below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1-debt-jpg   -1-gdp-jpg   -1-inflato-jpg   -1-laborf-jpg   -1-unemply-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    . For all we know, they found a massive stockpile of nuke material that has not been made public so as to not cause more fear here at home. .
    Do you seriously think that puppet master Karl Rove would let that happen? Fear is his stock and trade and W doesn't speak without Rove's hand up his butt.

Edit:

Bush also didn't have to worry about Congress investigating his past and trying to dredge up scandals on him every couple of months. You guys can thank Bob Barr and Newt Gingrich for that mess

3 is my vote he did have some good moments his first term in office. I will give him his due respect for how he handled 9-11 because I don't think any other president could do better but after that it was downhill from there.

The University of Florida Gators 2008 Football National CHOMPions.

Do you seriously think that puppet master Karl Rove would let that happen? Fear is his stock and trade and W doesn't speak without Rove's hand up his butt.

OK bad example, but I was simply trying to illustrate that we dont know the half of what the intel and what has since been found in Iraq.

Bush also didn't have to worry about Congress investigating his past and trying to dredge up scandals on him every couple of months. You guys can thank Bob Barr and Newt Gingrich for that mess
    I do believe Clinton had MAJOR hand in the reason he was being investigated, dont you? This is like blaming the cops for getting caught selling crack. You can also look at his pardons and I believe there is plenty of reason to go back and do some further investigating.

Put simply, if you dont want to be investigated dont purger yourself. And if you dont want to be called a idiot, dont say that you didnt think oral sex was sexual relations.

Put simply, if you dont want to be investigated dont purger yourself. And if you dont want to be called a idiot, dont say that you didnt think oral sex was sexual relations.
    A married man lied about getting a hummer. Thomas Jefferson, Kennedy , LBJ, and who knows how many other known womanizer presidents might have lied if they were in the same position. I would hope Congress would be investigating more important stuff than that.

A married man lied about getting a hummer. Thomas Jefferson, Kennedy , LBJ, and who knows how many other known womanizer presidents might have lied if they were in the same position. I would hope Congress would be investigating more important stuff than that.
    but they never lied under oath during a Federal Investigation.

It wasnt the BJ that was the problem i could care less about that. But what i do worry about is the potential BREACH of NATIONAL SECURITY by letting an intern into the oval office and having an affair with her.

And what mattered to me was that he LIED under oath, and convincingly
    -www.usedbarcode.net

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

considering everything that he was dealt ill say a 9.

but they never lied under oath during a Federal Investigation.

It wasnt the BJ that was the problem i could care less about that. But what i do worry about is the potential BREACH of NATIONAL SECURITY by letting an intern into the oval office and having an affair with her.

And what mattered to me was that he LIED under oath, and convincingly
    my sentements exactly.

Mike - interns are in the Oval Office all the time. What you DON'T see when there are speeches from there are the 30 - 40 people behind the camera. It's not like they were in the War Room.

2ndly - the people that think that he can't wipe his own ass w/out Congress you are mistaken. The reason why he could do what he wanted was b/c he appointed people to HIS cabinet -- "yes men". Yes men will destroy any organization if you don't have a spine. Bush appointed people that allowed him to do as he pleased.

To the people that want to talk about the war - have you been? Did you go? Keep watching the news and you will continue to be an idiot. I personally got 2 Afghanistans and 1 Baghdad under Bush (among other low-to-no media missions) and the people to ask are the SOLDIERS - do you know people that lost their homes b/c they couldn't get communications in and out of the theater? I do. Sending people to war w/out life-saving tools - BULLSH*T. Allowing troops to skip CRITICAL schools and get "OJT" in theater. FAIL.

As far as lying under oath - BIG DEAL. That's just like not like Thriller b/c Michael Jackson was accused of molesting kids - FUCK his personal life, he makes great music. WIll I let him babysit? No. But will I let him produce my album - YOU BET. Clinton made GREAT decisions - depspite being a whore - I'm a whore too, but I'm the best UNIX Systems Engineer that money can buy. GDUB never had the horespower to run a country - he had a famous dad.

And the FINAL blow is the DIE HARD Repubs - who near the end of Bush's term wouldn't sign SH*T that he wanted passed. Politicians are largely grimy - when even THEY refuse to work with you then you can imagine the flack they are getting from their constituents. Not only did Bush hurt the country - but he hurt his party. It will take 10 years for history to be written on the FAILURE that is George Bush. The "close" race that the media wanted you to believe was a LANDSLIDE -- largely due to failures that BUSH could have mitigiated for his party.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J
    To the people want to talk about the war - have you been? Did you go? Keep watching the news and you will continue to be an idiot. I personally got 2 Afghanistans and 1 Baghdad under Bush (among other low-to-no media missions) and the people to ask are the SOLDIERS - do you know people that lost their homes b/c they couldn't get communications in and out of the theater? I do. Sending people to war w/out life-saving tools - BULLSH*T.
    back to back tours in Asscrackistan myself so I know a little about being deployed and no having all of the equipment that is needed. It sucks, but you suck it up and do your job. There is no point in crying about it. It doesnt do any good. Also, you might want to mention that a vas majority want to stay in Iraq to finish the job, they dont want to tuck their tail between their legs and run away.

If you know people that lost their homes while deployed it was because they failed to educate themselves. If they were reservists, unless they made more money, not including allowances, while deployed then no foreclosure action can be taken while they are under activation orders. If they are active duty, then no forclosure actions can be made against them until the deployed person returns from theater.

And the FINAL blow is the DIE HARD Repubs - who near the end of Bush's term wouldn't sign SH*T that he wanted passed. Politicians are largely grimy - when even THEY refuse to work with you then you can imagine the flack they are getting from their constituents. Not only did Bush hurt the country - but he hurt his party. It will take 10 years for history to be written on the FAILURE that is George Bush.
    If this was the case then I wonder why more of congress didnt get the boot. Dont forget that Congress has about half the approval that the president has. Bush was pretty well stonewalled by dems starting in 06. There are a few RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) that also blocked anything that republicans wanted.

You are right that Bush hurt the republican party, but you are wrong on why. Bush was a very centric conservative on national security, but he was a very liberal spender. Until republicans can get some actual republicans to run for office they will continue to lose power and influance.

back to back tours in Asscrackistan myself so I know a little about being deployed and no having all of the equipment that is needed. It sucks, but you suck it up and do your job.
    See - this is what I mean. "It sucks --- carry on." BULLSHIT!! We have the resources to make this not so. I am not talking about me sitting on the AWACS flying 20 hour missions like I did -- I am talking about INFANTRY troops not having equipment. I am talking about ammunition rations. I am talking about the BASICS needed to stand and fight. I didn't serve w/ many cowards... but I saw pilots sign the AFTO781 on a plane that was UNFIT TO FLY teens of times for simple parts that any airport in America had stockpiled. That is a FAILURE by any stretch of the imagination.

There is no point in crying about it. It doesnt do any good. Also, you might want to mention that a vas majority want to stay in Iraq to finish the job, they dont want to tuck their tail between their legs and run away.
    Easy for you to say - sounds to me like you had all that you needed to get the job done - but there are thousands that didn't and STILL don't.

If you know people that lost their homes while deployed it was because they failed to educate themselves. If they were reservists, unless they made more money, not including allowances, while deployed then no foreclosure action can be taken while they are under activation orders. If they are active duty, then no forclosure actions can be made against them until the deployed person returns from theater.
    Failed to educate themselves? How about failed to BE EDUCATED by Services Squadrons that are supposed to do that. How about rushing KIDS out of basic and sending them to war w/out AIT --- what does a 18 year old w/ less than 2 months in service know about a Family Care Plan - he barely knows how to pack a C bag. Just to plus up numbers? Typical military fashin -- "gimme a warm body - any1 will do." That is NOT how you watch out for your own - that is NOT how you treat an American -- someones son and/or daughter. if I put you in harms way I am gonna make sure that you have what you need to give you the best chance at coming home... we are not Japs and these are not kamikaze missions.

See - this is what I mean. "It sucks --- carry on." BULLSHIT!! We have the resources to make this not so. I am not talking about me sitting on the AWACS flying 20 hour missions like I did -- I am talking about INFANTRY troops not having equipment. I am talking about ammunition rations. I am talking about the BASICS needed to stand and fight. I didn't serve w/ many cowards... but I saw pilots sign the AFTO781 on a plane that was UNFIT TO FLY teens of times for simple parts that any airport in America had stockpiled. That is a FAILURE by any stretch of the imagination.
    [QUOTE=BABY J]This sounds like a command failure to me, not a failure at the presidential level. We NEVER let an aircraft fly if it wasnt safe for flight. Several times I worked 30+ hour shifts to get aircraft up and flying. By the time I left 3 of our 7 Cobras were hanger queens and so stripped down they had to be left as they were deemed structurally unsound because of missing parts. The same was true of 2 of the 6 Hueys.

I never saw or heard of ammo rations so I cannot speak on that.

Easy for you to say - sounds to me like you had all that you needed to get the job done - but there are thousands that didn't and STILL don't.
    I did not have all I needed, but I did make what I had work. We up-armored our own hummers. We stripped down old russian tanked for steel and used a tank driveshaft to make bushings for CH53 flight controls.

Failed to educate themselves? How about failed to BE EDUCATED by Services Squadrons that are supposed to do that. How about rushing KIDS out of basic and sending them to war w/out AIT --- what does a 18 year old w/ less than 2 months in service know about a Family Care Plan - he barely knows how to pack a C bag. Just to plus up numbers? Typical military fashin -- "gimme a warm body - any1 will do." That is NOT how you watch out for your own - that is NOT how you treat an American -- someones son and/or daughter. if I put you in harms way I am gonna make sure that you have what you need to give you the best chance at coming home... we are not Japs and these are not kamikaze missions.
    Again these are command failures, not presidential. I was still AD at the time and over 9 years I never saw anyone goto their unit without going to MOS school. In the guard unit I am in now, our commander said stright up that he would not allow anyone to deploy wihtout first being MOS Q. I know the army and air force dont operate in the same manner that the Corps and Nvay do, but I find it hard to believe a sevice would send new people to their units before sending them to school.

I dont know what unit you are with, but it sounds to me like their failures are nearly criminal. It means that your unit did not get required briefings on family readiness and other subjects and the paperwork was probably pencil whippped to show the briefings were done.

We agree that failures were abundant, but we disagree on who the blame for those failures belong to. I was a Marine and we used command discretion at the lowest levels. Most of what you listed sounds like it belongs to those lower level commanders. Company commanders and 1st Sergeants that were doing their jobs should have caught most of what slipped through.

Where do you think funding comes from? Do you think commands are just "choosing" not to receive hardened vehicles?? Why do you think that as SOON as these officers retire they finally say what they are not allowed to say while they are in uniform? This line of thought blows my mind that you think units are operating autonomously and are responsible for "acquiring" these items on their own. I was in the Air Force - and I've flown combat missions in planes that my training tells me is unfit for flight. Commanders need funds to get equipment. I know these stories from Army personell and Marines and Navy as well DIRECTLY - not from the news, not from hearsay. People being waived through schools when they should have been washed-back or reclassed - and I agree that this is borderline criminal sh*t. My point is simply when you wanna send people to war, you send them w/ the best chance at getting the job done --- that didn't happen (and in large fashion) - and if you served then you should know that moreso than most.

ALSO, you say that your unit armoring up your own vehicles proves my point perfectly - I am glad that you agree. Having to devise those solutions you mentioned is BECAUSE of the failures from the White House kind sir.

Like steriods in baseball...

I give Bush a 7. I think he was a good president, not the best and sure he could have handled some things better. But given what he had to deal with during his presidency, I think he did better than most would have. We have not been hit again, and that is a feat in itself. To the folks that like gaffs, you're gonna have a ball for the next 4-8 years.

But I guess we can chalk that up to Joe just being Joe.

Where do you think funding comes from?
    Funding comes from Washington, but you need to look at the funding bills before you apply blame. Both sides of the aisle have voted no because these bills contained or did not contain unrelated funding for pet projects. That is where McCain got the line that Obama voted no to funding for the troops.

Do you think commands are just "choosing" not to receive hardened vehicles??
    The Corps had the first uparmored Hummers. They had them because the Corps used its own R&D money to develop the kits. The Army and other services turned them down because of the extra weight and didnt get fully on board with the program until they saw the benefit of these vehicles. The first line of these vehicles was hated by the military also. They were too heavy and the weight really bogged them down just like the Army said it would.

But to answer your question, no these commands didnt choose not to have the vehicles. It sucks, but in a time of war you dont always get the best of everything.

Why do you think that as SOON as these officers retire they finally say what they are not allowed to say while they are in uniform?
    For the same reasons a good NCO doesnt critisize their superiors in front of subordinates. It creates a break in confidance in the command. It is also horrible for morale.

This line of thought blows my mind that you think units are operating autonomously and are responsible for "acquiring" these items on their own.
    If the commands are not responsible for aquiring these itmes then who is? I dont mean that it is a platoon leaders responsibility to make sure the company ASP has enogugh rounds for everyone, but it is someones responsibility. That responsibility falls on the shoulders of the commander of that ASP, whether it be a Captian, or a General.

I was in the Air Force - and I've flown combat missions in planes that my training tells me is unfit for flight.
    If the plane was truely unfit for flight, then you need to speak up. Sometimes you will be given an answer that calms your fears and you fly, sometimes you dont get an answer that calms your fears and you fly anyways. I flew one mission out of Bagram in a CH53 at night in March with no rear cargo hatch because it was in my shot for a major repair. I spent 5 hours freezing my ass off in -90-100* weather.

Commanders need funds to get equipment. I know these stories from Army personell and Marines and Navy as well DIRECTLY - not from the news, not from hearsay. People being waived through schools when they should have been washed-back or reclassed - and I agree that this is borderline criminal sh*t.
    Again, in my 9 years in the Corps, I never heard of a single Marine being sent through school without passing. I can only speak to what I have been seen personally though.

My point is simply when you wanna send people to war, you send them w/ the best chance at getting the job done --- that didn't happen (and in large fashion) - and if you served then you should know that moreso than most.
    I agree. When my unit left for Asscrackistan we got 3 weeks notice because another unit did not pass proficiency. When we left we didnt have alot of things we needed. We had to beg borrow and steal (literally a times) what we needed to get the job done.

ALSO, you say that your unit armoring up your own vehicles proves my point perfectly - I am glad that you agree. Having to devise those solutions you mentioned is BECAUSE of the failures from the White House kind sir.
    I agree those are failures, but I dont agree that they come form the White House. If they come from Washington at all, they come from the Capital Building.

Conservatives are always looking for ways to kiss Bushes ass, and sing his praises, because he was in his own little demented way a good conservative president. Which tells you a lot about the conservative ideology.

But lets not kid ourselves lads. The man was a bigger crook than Nixon, he just changed all the rules so it was legal for him to get away with it. He responded to 9/11 like a moron, responded to Katrina like an asshole. The former guy running FEMA had his credibility destroyed when the American people found out that was an incompetent fool, with bullshit credentials. We can only hope the same will be done to Bush, and the mindset that fuels these people who think wars are "ok" so long as the "economy" flourished.

Certified Gearhead

I give bush a 1 for couples of reasons. We put billions of dollars in the irag economic every month and they have a 90 billion surplus. While United States people are struggling to keep there homes and jobs. Also the reason the housing market is struggles because the Republican Party supports no regulation (a joke). We are trying to free a country that don’t want or need our help. We are supporting the Iraq economic and they try to offer an oil partnership with Russia and not us. When Katrina hit it was not his fault that the people didn’t leave but he is to blame for the late response. Also what you didn’t hear after Katrina people couldn’t leave because the army and police threaten to shoot them if they cross the bridge. When a storm hit the Mid West or Ca Fema reacts within 1-2 day not weeks. The City of New Orleans is still in the same shape years after, what happen to all the Federal money that was given to repair the city ( Which Dick Cheney company have the contracts for New Orleans and Iraq). Clinton was smart he never show how weak or strong the United States and no country were willing to find. Now bush have shown the world our weakness and now we get bitch slap by North Korea, Iran etc..

UNO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenMind
    Conservatives are always looking for ways to kiss Bushes ass, and sing his praises, because he was in his own little demented way a good conservative president. Which tells you a lot about the conservative ideology.

But lets not kid ourselves lads. The man was a bigger crook than Nixon, he just changed all the rules so it was legal for him to get away with it. He responded to 9/11 like a moron, responded to Katrina like an asshole. The former guy running FEMA had his credibility destroyed when the American people found out that was an incompetent fool, with bullshit credentials. We can only hope the same will be done to Bush, and the mindset that fuels these people who think wars are "ok" so long as the "economy" flourished.
    Well said Mike..... man hopefully one day you will wake up. At least we know who you voted for... the economy florurished??? HAHAHA!!!!!!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by 112480
    Well said Mike..... man hopefully one day you will wake up. At least we know who you voted for... the economy florurished??? HAHAHA!!!!!!

Actually the economy did flourish during Bush's Presidency until the housing bubble burst. You can look at all measures of the economy and you will see that. Huge gains in the GDP, corporate and personal incomes ere way up, taxes were lower.

2.2 CL

I vote 6 because bush had a a lot of bad things happen during his terms... I felt they could of been handled better but no one is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenMind

Bigger crook than Nixon?

Right $20 says Obama makes Nixon look like an open book.

Responded to 9/11 like a moron?

Right considering the guy had a 90% approval rating after 9/11 . Cause going after Bin Laden and the gang was the wrong move .

Responded to Katrina like an asshole?

I love this one. I'll have find the link but you do realize that the slow response had next to nothing to do with him right? You do realize that the President can not be sent into an area by the President. the Governor or Mayor have to request it. Go find out how long it took either to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast