Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today Is a Sad Day

the B the R the O the O the K the L the Y the N it's brooklynnnnn

Default Today Is a Sad Day

Today sucks, when a replacement for George W. Bush is selected, when neither candidate will be as good as him.

He had the balls to do what some didn't like.

He protected this country and continued a war viewed as unpopular.

He refused to give in to liberals wanting gay marriage and abortion to be things of the present.

I still approve of him, and I will miss seeing George W. Bush as my President.

All true even though his legacy will forever be tainted by the hate an bias of this country.

Only time will tell.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Patience Pays...

I think he'll end up #3 on the list of worst presidents. His legacy will be one of a massive failure.

Wrong section
    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..

ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

Patience Pays...

Oh yeah, and he wont be out of power until Jan. 21st. I ship out for Military training on the 20th so I wont be able to see it.. but I'm sure it will be a sight to see when he has to hand the reigns over to Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    I think he'll end up #3 on the list of worst presidents. His legacy will be one of a massive failure.
    i disagree because our economy, prosperity, jobs created, GDP, security etc were all very good in his 8 years.

10-15 years from now with Iraq as a major Ally, youll look back an think differently.

Much like Clinton was looked at as one of the worst during the whole lewinsky scandal, now, no one cares about that shit.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Oh yeah, and he wont be out of power until Jan. 21st. I ship out for Military training on the 20th so I wont be able to see it.. but I'm sure it will be a sight to see when he has to hand the reigns over to Obama.
    Now why would you say that?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    i disagree because our economy, prosperity, jobs created, GDP, security etc were all very good in his 8 years.

10-15 years from now with Iraq as a major Ally, youll look back an think differently.

Much like Clinton was looked at as one of the worst during the whole lewinsky scandal, now, no one cares about that shit.
    Mike, you are a true testament to something I tell my friend often. The difference between the opposing sides politically is nothing more than ideologies. You honestly believe in your views (I'm not knocking you for it) and I can do nothing but admire that.. we just disagree.

Patience Pays...

Now why would you say that?
    Its just bittersweet on a few levels (yes, including the obvious one) I wont list them.. just wish I could see but I'm sure I'll be getting yelled at and the last thing on my mind will be Obama.

Its just bittersweet on a few levels (yes, including the obvious one) I wont list them.. just wish I could see but I'm sure I'll be getting yelled at and the last thing on my mind will be Obama.
    well you may get lucky when he cuts defense, maybe you wont have to go

LOL

just kidding har har
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Whats wrong with gay marriage? Why must the Right make it their business to dictate what gay people can and can't do. I thought the Republicans stood for "freedom" and against "government intruding into the lives of citizens"?

Patience Pays...

well you may get lucky when he cuts defense, maybe you wont have to go

LOL

just kidding har har
    lol At least I don't have to worry about McCain taking away my VA benefits when I'm done.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Bush = FAIL

LOLOL BUSH CAN SUCK MAH BALLZ

IA KING

bush will = fail in history

sorry but anyone in office doing the same rep/dem would be viewed the same. failure. what will kill his legacy is he economy and putting us in a war over lies

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    Whats wrong with gay marriage? Why must the Right make it their business to dictate what gay people can and can't do. I thought the Republicans stood for "freedom" and against "government intruding into the lives of citizens"?
    Gay people can do whatever they want. Have a ceremony, live together, ect... They just don't get the Federal tax breaks that encourage couples to have children, which gay couples can't do. They need to get the knots out of their panties (guys too) and quit b*tching.

He wasn't the greatest president, but our choices this time are no were close to him. I would rather have him around another 4 yrs than I would have Robin Hood as president, or McCreepy.

Get your answers here. CobraClone's Avatar

You are going into the military, and you WANT obama to be your commander-in-chief?

Good luck. That's all I will say about that.

I still see no concrete evidence why everyone hates him so much?

We were attacked. He balled up and fucked up Afghanistans world, then knocked on Iraqs door and was like, lolomg herecomedabombs.

He was willing to take risks and handle the criticism to do what he believed was right to protect this country. The increases in defense spending made it so that no more cocksuckers will attack us.

How can you be excited that some guy with the middle name Hussein is gonna go "talk it out" with terrorist leaders. Yeah that'll work.

Patience Pays...

2 words, Bad Leadership

Obama has shown better stature in this campaign than Bush has his entire presidency.. thats leadership. But this is all subject to opinion so this falls on deaf ears.

Look at the U.S and ask yourself, are we better off now than we were 4 years ago? 8 years ago? Are we safer? Have we defeated the Taliban? Sorry, I cannot say yes to any of those which is why Bush is a failure.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodfather
    The increases in defense spending made it so that no more cocksuckers will attack us..
    Not really, but thanks for playing.

Obama has shown better stature in this campaign than Bush has his entire presidency.. thats leadership.
    If by "stature" you mean "charisma" then I agree whole-heartedly. He's got the gift of the silver tongue.

Obama has shown better stature in this campaign....

Only in his speaking from a telepromter. In no other way has he shown "better stature", nor judgement for that matter.

Patience Pays...

Stature: 2 : quality or status gained by growth, development, or achievement

In my example, learning from your mistakes and adjusting accordingly.. even through the toughest of conditions. George Bush has never changed his course of action even at the detriment of the American people.

In my example, learning from your mistakes and adjusting accordingly..

If by this you mean for his own personal and/or political gain, then I agree completely.

It will take alot for me to beleive that he has the peoples best interest in mind.

Oddly enough I've adopted a more pro-war attitude recently, as we should be stomping out any fundamentalist martyrs. But gays have the right to the same benefits that come with marriage as straight people do, it's a matter of choice. It has nothing to do with "marriage" being sacred, because it fucking not. Abortion too, that's a matter of choice. If men had to worry about parasitic organisms growing inside of them, you can bet your ass abortion would be commonplace.

Life is not as sacred as we like to pretend it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraClone
    If by this you mean for his own personal and/or political gain, then I agree completely.

It will take alot for me to beleive that he has the peoples best interest in mind.
    Do you really think Bush does, or that McCain does?

Stature: 2 : quality or status gained by growth, development, or achievement

In my example, learning from your mistakes and adjusting accordingly.. even through the toughest of conditions. George Bush has never changed his course of action even at the detriment of the American people.
    That is because Americans, as a whole are stupid. If everyone knew what was best, we would not have a president. We elect that person to make decisions that they feel are the best for the country.

I never have posted in this forum because I wont be able to vote in this election or the next one, but I have always felt strongly about the civic commitment and duty of every person who can vote to do so.

I recall though after 9/11 everyone was all about attacking the middle east. people wanted atomic bombs dropped, etc. Now things are taking longer than expected and everyone wantes to bash Bush. I'm not saying that he did it correctly, and I definitely would love to have seen him take on one thing at a time. But if you h onestly think that Gore or Kerry could have done any better under the stress and scrutiny of 9/11, then you honestly must be stupid. The people that are supporting obama, or not voting, will be the same people in 2 years bitching because the president sucks....
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    bush will = fail in history

sorry but anyone in office doing the same rep/dem would be viewed the same. failure. what will kill his legacy is he economy and putting us in a war over lies
    I agree...and lets not forget the Patriot Act. This disgrace and total departure from the ideology of the constitution and bill of rights should be attached to his name forever. GW Bush = Disgrace, he failed to protect the most precious thing we have.....freedom.

Obama has shown better stature in this campaign than Bush has his entire presidency.. thats leadership.
    While I agree he has shown good stature during his campaign, It is easier to do so during a campaign than it is during an actual Presidency. There is a reason why guys that take the Oval Office age a lot faster. It's not simply because they are getting older.

If/When Obama gets elected tonight, the one thing I can take comfort in is the hope that he selects very knowledgeable advisors.

As far as leadership goes.....that's a whole other story. Personally I don't think Obama has enough Leadership experience. But like I said hopefully he picks good advisors.

As far as Bush goes. I definitely don't think he is as bad as some make him out. As has been argued 100000x over he is not responsible for everything being the way it is. Did he have a hand in it? On somethings yes and other things know. I wasn't old enough to vote him in the last two times but I defintely would have chose him the last two times over Gore/Kerry without question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

I don't know how I forgot to mention the Patriot Act. That was one of the truly disgraceful things the Bush administration did to it's own people.

LOL
    "lolomg herecomedabombs"

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    Do you really think Bush does, or that McCain does?
    No, but as I have stated before, there was/is a lack of options here.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraClone
    No, but as I have stated before, there was/is a lack of options here.
    I can respect that.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by metalman
    I agree...and lets not forget the Patriot Act. This disgrace and total departure from the ideology of the constitution and bill of rights should be attached to his name forever. GW Bush = Disgrace, he failed to protect the most precious thing we have.....freedom.

qft

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

you know, im gonna agree with the OP, i think Bush jr did a good job at the last 8 years.. overall, an dwhat he has had to deal with, he did a great job!
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Privateer Racing!!

If you guys forget Bush was relected after the war started. So you cant blame Bush, better blame the stupid americans that voted for him again!

Barefoot Motorsports

His legacy will be one of a massive failure.
    CORRECT
    Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed
    If you guys forget Bush was relected after the war started. So you cant blame Bush, better blame the stupid americans that voted for him again!
    we didnt have much to pick from last time around.

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

i agree with the op, i was able to vote and i still support my vote, and do i think this country is better off as a whole, yes, safer yes, hell lets look at how many times we got attacked when clinton was in office and didnt do anything vs how many times we got attacked under bush. yea we are deff safer.

Quote Originally Posted by redrumracer
    i agree with the op, i was able to vote and i still support my vote, and do i think this country is better off as a whole, yes, safer yes, hell lets look at how many times we got attacked when clinton was in office and didnt do anything vs how many times we got attacked under bush. yea we are deff safer.

Clinton did actually do something when we were attacked, though we didnt invade a country.

Im sorry, but bush's inablilty to admit he was wrong on certain things shows that he lets his pride control his actions. He doesnt want to admit that his direction and policies on the war weren't the best. He has had opportunities to fix the problems yet he only adds to them.

Obama on the other hand has changed his views and did so openly and admitted he was wrong. One sign of good leadership IMO. Surrounding yourself with good advisers and intelligent people will make up for his "inexperience" as well as showing that he does infact have "good leadership" skills.

McCain might have been a good president, but his poor choice of a running mate proved that he was desperate for votes. Hes played dirty through out the election and that only added to me voting for Obama. The thought of "President Palin" makes me cringe.

Clinton had Osama in his lap and refused to drop the bomb because of the "innocent" people. Moron.

The patriot act is meant to protect, not invade. I'm glad my President cares enough to make sure no terrorist linking conversations are occuring.

A liberal senate and congress, plus the republicans who voted, in agreeance with the President speak volumes as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast