Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whew Palin is bringing the heat

Patience Pays...

Better yet, if she's that tough why wont she face the media directly? I'll be impressed when she holds an open press conference about the controversy surrounding her.

I also dont think the government is here to provide for anyone either. I think it was Kaiser in another thread that was right.

The government is there to pass laws, uphold laws, pretect and defend the homeland.

Its not meant to provide money and programs to people that have no money. Sure some social programs are good and are neccessary, but im sorry, Healthcare should be on the individual, not govt spnsored, same with Social Security, same with Welfare, same with alot of worthless programs we have
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    i dont see how you can say the war is NOTHING. WE DONT KNOW THAT YET. you think we know whats going to happen in the next 5 years?

Let me ask you a question, if, in 4 years, we are out of iraq, they stay a democracy and become a ally to us. If they become a country that shares oil, and starts to pay us back, what will you say then?

Still a failure?

Most of you miss the point of the war in iraq. its about setting up a DEOMCRATIC STATE in an area where people HATE US. if it works, Bush presidency will be remembers as a horrible time but he saw the mission through.

Now if we leave an the violence excalates and dictators take over again, then its all for nothing.

Point is, WE DONT KNOW YET, but right now all signs point to that it IS WORKING
    people dont hate the US, they hate what the US is doing to their country. They have no problem with getting rid of the maniacs. but they hate taht we are trying to control them and do what we want.

ill stick by one thing, and say it. i think thewhole Middle East issue we are having is based off of the whole Euro and dollar issue.

Its like every country in the Middle East that starts or makes a push to the Euro gets put on the death line. And we just hang the whole terrorism thing over their heads.

I also dont think the government is here to provide for anyone either. I think it was Kaiser in another thread that was right.

The government is there to pass laws, uphold laws, pretect and defend the homeland.

Its not meant to provide money and programs to people that have no money. Sure some social programs are good and are neccessary, but im sorry, Healthcare should be on the individual, not govt spnsored, same with Social Security, same with Welfare, same with alot of worthless programs we have

The economy wont survive if the poeple dont have money, and arent taken care of.

The government WORKS FOR US!!! WE ARE THERE BOSSES!

City-State-Federal We are supposed to be in control, we vote..we control the economy. We earn money we spend money, we stimulate, we deflate.

Social security Worthless? So if you get in a accident and loose all functions and are turned into a vegetable, and cant work...whats gonna happen to you? Do you want them to throw you on the street? some people dont have families and everyone will need help some time or another. Alot of programs are from our taxes.

Did you all not pay attention in economics?

IA KING

i dont see how you can say the war is NOTHING. WE DONT KNOW THAT YET. you think we know whats going to happen in the next 5 years?

Let me ask you a question, if, in 4 years, we are out of iraq, they stay a democracy and become a ally to us. If they become a country that shares oil, and starts to pay us back, what will you say then?

Still a failure?

Most of you miss the point of the war in iraq. its about setting up a DEOMCRATIC STATE in an area where people HATE US. if it works, Bush presidency will be remembers as a horrible time but he saw the mission through.

Now if we leave an the violence excalates and dictators take over again, then its all for nothing.

Point is, WE DONT KNOW YET, but right now all signs point to that it IS WORKING
    Dude how can you keep a straight face and suggest such? really? Do you honestly think the middle east was going to just sit there and allow us to walk in, revamp their world, and then pay us in return? They have been killing each other since biblical times - it will not stop b/c it is in their blood. History has already shown what happens when you force a change on a different society.

Beyond everything you are missing the point ... why are we at war? 9/11? ya who was to blame for that? ok, again why are we at war? russia/iran? ya republicans already not even in office are spouting war crys. Don't think for a second f*cking with the middle east will not come back to haunt us... 9/11 has already show that.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Its not meant to provide money and programs to people that have no money. Sure some social programs are good and are neccessary, but im sorry, Healthcare should be on the individual, not govt spnsored,
    Tell that to my Dad who still has skin peeling from his hands and feet (not to mention the higher risk of cancer) after being exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam, and depends on the VA for treatment. He did what he was ordered to do by our government, its not like its his exposure to AO was his choice or should be his responsibility.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    Tell that to my Dad who still has skin peeling from his hands and feet (not to mention the higher risk of cancer) after being exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam, and depends on the VA for treatment. He did what he was ordered to do by our government, its not like its his exposure to AO was his choice or should be his responsibility.
    exactly - programs also benefit the families of soldiers... my older siblings got help with college provided by the govt b/c their father was shot and killed in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by admin

Beyond everything you are missing the point ... why are we at war? 9/11? ya who was to blame for that? ok, again why are we at war? russia/iran? ya republicans already not even in office are spouting war crys. Don't think for a second f*cking with the middle east will not come back to haunt us... 9/11 has already show that.

weapons of mass destruction? There arent any

Osama bin laden? i thought he was in Afghanistan in the caves?

Saddam? hes dead right?

Iraqi freedom? Freedom from what we ****ed up...lol

Insurgens? What happened to them..havent heard that word in a while...lol

Al qaeda? what happened to them?

Terrorists? What terrorists? i thought we know who did it? Osama that dude in the caves..

i dont know what the war is either...i doubt anyone knows.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    weapons of mass destruction? There arent any

Osama bin laden? i thought he was in Afghanistan in the caves?

Saddam? hes dead right?

Iraqi freedom? Freedom from what we ****ed up...lol

Insurgens? What happened to them..havent heard that word in a while...lol

Al qaeda? what happened to them?

Terrorists? What terrorists? i thought we know who did it? Osama that dude in the caves..

i dont know what the war is either...i doubt anyone knows.
    i do find it funny republicans are now trying to support the war efforts in hope of OIL exchange and stabilizing the market. i said right after we went to war with Iraq we were there for 2 things... finish daddy's work and oil.

"She massages Shit" Mike Lowrey's Avatar

answer raise taxes back to previous levels during clinton administration; if i'm not mistaken the highest bracket which is over 350k has dropped approx 4.0+% since 2000. i'm sorry but these people can afford to hire a CPA to handle their taxes and gain them back their 4% when filing tax returns.
    Paul, do you actually READ the stuff you post?!

If THEY can afford a CPA to get them that 4% back, then they never actually paid the money in the end! How does that help! Come on, think before you type!

i am 100% for cutting pork just as palin was so talked about doing... yet when it comes down to it she contradicted herself by stating she opposed the "Bridge to Nowwhere" which was like 320 million tax payer dollars to build a road in Alaska. these are the type of projects that need to be reevaluated when at the same time we knew for a fact we have a major city in the south that could be devastated by a hurricane (katrina).
    How long has the country known that New Orleans is WAY below sea level and vulnerable?! Keep spreading the blame back to previous presidencies too!

700+ billion on a war which has resulted in NOTHING. republicans are spouting off last night same BS bush has since we began the war that "VICTORY IS IN SIGHT" ... really? when are we going to hold Iraq accountable for Iraq? 80+ billion dollar surplus and they haven't lifted a finger.
    Nothing? What would you have done. Sit at home and hope for the best?! The ugly fact is, we are very dependent on foreign oil. We need to lower that dependency so that America can concentrate on America.

We also need to fix the financial robery by the investment industry. We are paying billions for their reckless actions.
    Rich...Bob...Stan...?????

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Better yet, if she's that tough why wont she face the media directly? I'll be impressed when she holds an open press conference about the controversy surrounding her.
    That is what the McCain party wants to avoiding happening. I watched the RNC and everyone asked that question. Why won't she face the media?

It is the communications directors job to allow the party to get their points out and nothing else. They fear that if 1 person in the media pulls the baby card/scandal card, she will wimper and cry.

I can't wait for the day when she has an open press conference and 1, just 1, reporter pops the question. Only then will we see how tough she is.

...and that speech, ha. She didn't have the balls to write that, sorry. Good job to the Party speech writer, lol.

i do find it funny republicans are now trying to support the war efforts in hope of OIL exchange and stabilizing the market. i said right after we went to war with Iraq we were there for 2 things... finish daddy's work and oil.
    Oil controls America right now. We need to be independent from foreign oil.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by richw131

Nothing? What would you have done. Sit at home and hope for the best?! The ugly fact is, we are very dependent on foreign oil. We need to lower that dependency so that America can concentrate on America.

Maybe go after those responsible? Just a thought.. I mean, Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the 9/11 attackers were Saudi's and we go to war with Iraq. It doesn't make much sense.

i didnt say ABOLISH all programs jesus you guys take it too far.

Social Security is bankrupt

Public healthcare is a HORRIBLE Idea

Welfare, well, its abused, but whatever.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Maybe go after those responsible? Just a thought.. I mean, Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the 9/11 attackers were Saudi's and we go to war with Iraq. It doesn't make much sense.
    I beleive that we declared war on ALL terrorism.

Have you forgotten Saddams previous attacks and attempts? He is part of the group.

i didnt say ABOLISH all programs jesus you guys take it too far.

Social Security is bankrupt

Public healthcare is a HORRIBLE Idea

Welfare, well, its abused, but whatever.

public healthcare is a bad idea...BUT you cna justify the amount spent on a war that doesnt even have any point.

And you say SS is bankrupt?

And you say SS is bankrupt?

Tell me you are joking!!!!!

IA KING

Paul, do you actually READ the stuff you post?!

If THEY can afford a CPA to get them that 4% back, then they never actually paid the money in the end! How does that help! Come on, think before you type!
    obviously your reading comprehension isn't very good. the rich always get more tax breaks - let them pay less and get more tax breaks is what you (republicans) are suggesting

4% to a guy making 350k+ isn't jack **** - to someone making 30k it means skipping a meal or two

How long has the country known that New Orleans is WAY below sea level and vulnerable?! Keep spreading the blame back to previous presidencies too!
    again your ability to have a discussion is on a 3rd grade reading level. spending money on infrastructure is a huge cost to tax payers and Palin's "Bridge to Nowhere" was at a cost of 320 million dollars for a project that benefited no one. but you would rather vote for that then save us millions in the long run by fixing out dated levy systems.

We also need to fix the financial robery by the investment industry. We are paying billions for their reckless actions.
    WTF does this war have to do w/ oil? did some oil billionaire run is private jet into the twin towers b/c i obviously missed that one.

problem with oil is the fact that we are not building refineries b/c big oil giants in the US want to control the market. they have cut out many small refineries to cut out the competition. republicans and big oil would like to make it sound like it is to to the tree huggers for not allowing them to drill but the foreign oil isn't the problem. during the span of 1975-2000 the epa only got 1 request to open a refinary.

Tell me you are joking!!!!!

i didnt say that... i dont know if u realize.. but this isnt the WL..lol u must actually read sometimes..

obviously your reading comprehension isn't very good. the rich always get more tax breaks - let them pay less and get more tax breaks is what you (republicans) are suggesting

4% to a guy making 350k+ isn't jack **** - to someone making 30k it means skipping a meal or two
    Hey stupid. Why not leave taxes the same and eliminate the loopholes. There is root cause solutions and there are band-aids.

again your ability to have a discussion is on a 3rd grade reading level. spending money on infrastructure is a huge cost to tax payers and Palin's "Bridge to Nowhere" was at a cost of 320 million dollars for a project that benefited no one. but you would rather vote for that then save us millions in the long run by fixing out dated levy systems.
    My point is the levys have been outdated for years, decades. Place the blame on the previous presidents who did nothing about it. It seems your reading level is even lower than mine.

IA KING

Hey stupid. Why not leave taxes the same and eliminate the loopholes. There is root cause solutions and there are band-aids.
    that would be fine as long as cuts were made in the right places... have you seen "charlie wilson's war"... perfect example. start with no budget build it into billions. this is problem with current gov't. where did war funding come from? borrowing from other counties and cutting back on other services... not that some don't need it but the fact that they cut important ones like education, energy, etc are massive cut backs.

state of TN gave all teachers/students a vacation for a week or two not too long ago b/c they couldn't afford to pay teachers. there is exactly what i'm talking about.

My point is the levys have been outdated for years, decades. Place the blame on the previous presidents who did nothing about it. It seems your reading level is even lower than mine.
    levys not bushes fault but he is just as guilty as the rest on spending on the NOT NEEDED. War on Terror - OK go kill Bin Ladin... oh by the way we know Iraq has WMD and is linked to Bin Ladin... umm really? ya totally we got proof - OK... present day so where are the WMD 700+ billion later?

700+ billion he could of just super glued saddam's ass to a bomb and said here are the WMD i was telling you about and the american public would be happy... but no "um ... well he had WMD... we just can't find them"

IT was on his shoulders because he was the one who CUT THE FUNDS TO REPAIR THE LEVEES WHILE IN OFFICE. AND WAS BEGGED FOR FUNDS. AND THE FUNDS THAT WERE AVAILABLE AT THE TIME WERE DIVERTED TO IRAQ!

IT was on his shoulders because he was the one who CUT THE FUNDS TO REPAIR THE LEVEES WHILE IN OFFICE. AND WAS BEGGED FOR FUNDS. AND THE FUNDS THAT WERE AVAILABLE AT THE TIME WERE DIVERTED TO IRAQ!
    True. The ACE asked Clinton, then Bush. they both are responsible for the levys.

state of TN gave all teachers/students a vacation for a week or two not too long ago b/c they couldn't afford to pay teachers. there is exactly what i'm talking about.
    Agreed. This is fucked up. I agree with keep esential programs and eliminating the useless ones. One thing that has always bothered me is reduction in the school funding. I also see the local school boards/etc. as to blame also. I can't remember if it was Georgia or Oregon, but the schools were complaining about not having enough money for books and essentials, and it turns out the school board had millions tied up in bogus realstate deals.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    True. The ACE asked Clinton, then Bush. they both are responsible for the levys.

Let me add something as well. It was a flawed design, too.

IA KING

Agreed. This is fucked up. I agree with keep esential programs and eliminating the useless ones. One thing that has always bothered me is reduction in the school funding. I also see the local school boards/etc. as to blame also. I can't remember if it was Georgia or Oregon, but the schools were complaining about not having enough money for books and essentials, and it turns out the school board had millions tied up in bogus realstate deals.
    Exactly, my mother in law is head of the state for school nutrition... do you know how difficult it is to build a budget on 2$(whatever the amount is) a day meals; yet we can spend billions on war, welfare, sh!t they estimated the two conventions cost 100 million

Let me add something as well. It was a flawed design, too.
    Very true, all parties should be held accountable. As in most America, top down management rules the land. The President should have fixed the problem at the end of the day.

man i really dont care what phony azz palin has to say, everytime i hear her speak she always stuck on mccain nutz telling his biography and she always looking down at the podium for a punch line. she just gassed up over being a so called "celebrity". you have to be out your mind if you think she ready for the white house.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Style
    man i really dont care what phony azz palin has to say, everytime i hear her speak she always stuck on mccain nutz telling his biography and she always looking down at the podium for a punch line. she just gassed up over being a so called "celebrity". you have to be out your mind if you think she ready for the white house.
    and you sir, are very well schooled!..

/Sarcasm

retard
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B
    and you sir, are very well schooled!..

/Sarcasm

retard
    lol u cant blame him its too close to the WL..

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Style
    You are a project of the Clayton County or Atlanta Public School System arent ya playa? Your Ebonic skillz are da shiz yO!!

And if you knew ANYTHING about politics, when Palin spoke her job is to sell McCain to America, Not just herself. Go back to grade school son and learn American Government or as you would say, Governmentz
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    You are a project of the Clayton County or Atlanta Public School System arent ya playa? Your Ebonic skillz are da shiz yO!!

And if you knew ANYTHING about politics, when Palin spoke her job is to sell McCain to America, Not just herself. Go back to grade school son and learn American Government or as you would say, Governmentz
    well whatever she was selling i wasn't buying... but if she starts to sell ass i'll be in line :idb:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123