Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whew Palin is bringing the heat

not at all. I think the Dems are scared of Palin cause she has proved shes not a wimp and shes not a typical female.

I think what you guys are saying is INCREDIBLY sexist and motivated by purely wanting someone NON REPUBLICAN in the office.

I mean BIden was a single father, but no one brings that up.

I mean its not like she has 5 3 year olds. You guys have NO IDEA how their family is, like how good her husband is , etc.

The senator from Minnesota was on Fox last night and she has had 5 kids and been a senator too.

People are making an issue outo f something that frankly SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE AT ALL.

Obama has 2 little girls, isnt he neglecting them?

I mean come on its a totally different election that what we are used to.

I see no problem with Palin, and no issue with her family. Her daughter is an ADULT in most states at 17 and can have consentual sex. She did, it was prob a mistake, but she is an adult and is marrying her high school sweet heart.

Is it wrong, sure absolutely, she should have used protection or she should have waited till she was married.

But familes make mistakes, it happens.

AGAIN IF IT WAS OBAMAS CHILDREN IN THE SAME PREDICIMENT ID SAY THE SAME THING because this isnt about politics, its about someones personal family life. No family is perfect.

Paul if you ran for office there has to be SOME DIRT on you as a kid growing up. Ever do drugs? Set fire to anything? get arressted, beat someone up? flunk out of school?

I set fire to the back of a bus at 14
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by HyPer50
    It was 99% of America's first time really hearin' her speak and she impressed Republicans because she's republican.
    what??

- Palin sounded very strong in her speech in terms of supporting Mccain "THIS IS A MAN THAT..." She did was she was supposed to do (Make herself seem like a fighter)

- I Missed most of the Guliani speech do to noisy people looking at vacation pics, but i knew he was talking trash on an extreme level and need to catch it agian for entertainment value.

p.s
    Mccain is one STIFF guy, i'd like to see him do the robot.

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    you can put spin on anything... Obamas speech - every time he talks people listen and react... was it something new from him... not really but people ate it up. there was way more buzz last week on the speeches then this week.

I think you are too biased to see how good it waas

This will prob be rememberd as one of the best if not THE BEST VP speeches at a convention ever

NEW YORK - With a forceful speech that served as her introduction to millions of Americans on Wednesday, Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin seduced many on television who had spent days doubting her candidacy.
    ADVERTISEMENT

It wasn't just a home run, said CNN's Wolf Blitzer; it may have been a grand slam. "A very auspicious debut," said NBC's Tom Brokaw. It was a "perfect populist pitch," said CBS' Jeff Greenfield. "Terrific," said Mort Kondracke on Fox News Channel.

"A star is born," said Chris Wallace on Fox.

"A star is born," Blitzer said.

"A star is born," said Anderson Cooper on CNN.

Palin combined jokes about being a hockey mom with searing criticism of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. It was a spur to a convention audience ready to get worked up, to a large extent because Republican leaders had pushed the notion that the news media was being sexist or too aggressive in questioning her qualifications for the job.

For a relative rookie on the national stage, however, she understood the nuances of speaking to a television audience better than the more experienced and fiery Rudolph Giuliani.

Cameras lingered on shots of her family in the audience — her dozing infant passed from her husband to a daughter, her pregnant teen-aged daughter gripping the hand of her boyfriend, her soldier son about to be dispatched to Iraq.

"I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone," Palin said.

At that, some on the convention floor chanted "N-B-C, N-B-C."

Her speech was the main event Wednesday, and may prove the most important in the convention for the GOP. During its coverage, CNN ran a countdown clock in the corner of its screen, ticking down the hours, minutes and seconds to when Palin was due to take the stage in St. Paul, Minn.

"So far this week the focus has been on John McCain's running mate, perhaps because everyone loves a good mystery," Katie Couric said in opening CBS' prime-time coverage.

Former McCain rival Mike Huckabee, part of the undercard Wednesday, thanked the "elite media" for uniting Republicans behind its ticket.

"The reporting of the past few days has proven tackier than a costume change at a Madonna concert," Huckabee said in an applause line to the convention.

Republicans may have been betrayed by the giant video screen that has been an effective backdrop for convention speakers. Giuliani spoke in front of a New York City skyline rising out of the water, but in close-up shots it seemed he was backed by a wall of undulating mud.

The political infighting extended to the rapid Internet distribution Wednesday of an exchange, reportedly done after an MSNBC segment on the campaign with NBC News' Chuck Todd, the Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy, a former McCain aide. Their comments were caught on a live microphone but weren't played on the air; NBC News wouldn't comment on how the material became public.

The remarks could not be independently verified, but Murphy and Noonan appear to be critical of Palin's selection. Noonan is heard to question whether Palin was the most qualified choice, and says, "It's over."

But Noonan later wrote on The Wall Street Journal Website that her remarks were taken out of context, and the "it's over" comment did not refer to McCain's chances. She said questions about whether she was the most qualified were raised in her own mind Wednesday when she happened to see Texas Sen. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Noonan wrote that she suspected Palin's candidacy "will be either dramatically successful or dramatically not; it won't be something in between."

Obama planned to strike back against GOP criticism on Thursday with an appearance on Fox's "The O'Reilly Factor," cable news' top-ranked show. Not only will Obama face an audience crammed with Republicans, it will take time on Fox away from watching the final night of the GOP convention.

Host Bill O'Reilly acknowledged he's getting heat from his fans for the timing, and for his general tendency to ignore the convention podium (He was interviewing comic Dennis Miller Wednesday when CNN, MSNBC, PBS and C-SPAN were showing a speech by former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina).

"I would have rather had him on next week," O'Reilly said. "I might not get another shot at this so I better take it."

As has been the case throughout the campaign, Republicans are proving less of a television draw than Democrats. An estimated 21.5 million people watched the second night of the GOP convention on Tuesday between 10 and 11 p.m. The same night for the Democrats last week had just under 26 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

An estimated 4.6 million black Americans watched the Democrats on Aug. 26, and 2.1 million watched the Republicans on Tuesday, Nielsen said.

For both the Republicans and Democrats, women are watching the political speeches in greater numbers than men, Nielsen said.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    I think the Dems are scared of Palin cause she has proved shes not a wimp and shes not a typical female.
    According to republicans you can't prove you're not a wimp by talking, last night they made it seem like you had to be in the military for 20+ years to do so.

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

IA KING

not at all. I think the Dems are scared of Palin cause she has proved shes not a wimp and shes not a typical female.

I think what you guys are saying is INCREDIBLY sexist and motivated by purely wanting someone NON REPUBLICAN in the office.

I mean BIden was a single father, but no one brings that up.

I mean its not like she has 5 3 year olds. You guys have NO IDEA how their family is, like how good her husband is , etc.

The senator from Minnesota was on Fox last night and she has had 5 kids and been a senator too.

People are making an issue outo f something that frankly SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE AT ALL.

Obama has 2 little girls, isnt he neglecting them?

I mean come on its a totally different election that what we are used to.

I see no problem with Palin, and no issue with her family. Her daughter is an ADULT in most states at 17 and can have consentual sex. She did, it was prob a mistake, but she is an adult and is marrying her high school sweet heart.

Is it wrong, sure absolutely, she should have used protection or she should have waited till she was married.

But familes make mistakes, it happens.

AGAIN IF IT WAS OBAMAS CHILDREN IN THE SAME PREDICIMENT ID SAY THE SAME THING because this isnt about politics, its about someones personal family life. No family is perfect.

Paul if you ran for office there has to be SOME DIRT on you as a kid growing up. Ever do drugs? Set fire to anything? get arressted, beat someone up? flunk out of school?

I set fire to the back of a bus at 14
    this is all i keep hearing out of republicans \/

mike your missing the point... president/vp aren't just normal people... if they are why are they painting mccain as "maverick" the hero? well b/c he is an american hero. palin though she seems like a nice lady w/ a very TYPICAL american family... that is what she is. there is a reason you, nor I would be president why... you have to understand just b/c you and i can balance our check books doesn't mean we can balance the budget of the USA.

republicans are trying to tarnish the whitehouse and what it stands for... it is a symbol of our country and our people. only the best should grace it office and show the rest of the world who we are. sorry but i highly doubt she will ever make any impact on the WORLD market.

um and 7 grandchildren... but Pelosi is in her 60's i don't think she has a 4 month down syndrome baby and a 17 year old w/ baby on the way her SENIOR year in HS.

sorry but i love how you guys try to portray as poor little Palin... how do you think foreign leaders will look at this? i'm sure they will be 100% ok i mean they have female presidents all over: china, iran, russia, etc... please you guys are trying to support your party which is fine it is normal if roles were reversed you would be saying the same sh!t.
    you are basing all of your facts on a 30 min speech.. what the hell ?.. she was just introduced as the running mate 7 days ago. Basically last nights speech was allowing people to get to know her as a person, she cant throw every single thing that she stands for in 30 mins in a welcome speech.. I think she will be a good debater, she definitely knows how to hold her own and speak with dignity. Im sure she will do well.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa
    you are basing all of your facts on a 30 min speech.. what the hell ?.. she was just introduced as the running mate 7 days ago. Basically last nights speech was allowing people to get to know her as a person, she cant throw every single thing that she stands for in 30 mins in a welcome speech.. I think she will be a good debater, she definitely knows how to hold her own and speak with dignity. Im sure she will do well.
    well what i would expect for someone who comes out swinging is to be accurate i'm wondering how you, republicans, and her are going to try to spin the "BRIDGE TO NOWHERE"?

com'on mike, leisa, bert, rich... explain. i shouldn't have to explain the phrase b/c all of you should know who you are voting for and what this is about and how she totally contradicted herself last night.

I usually don't get involved in political debates nor favor any party but let me say this. From the 3rd person point of view, I clearly see who has the potential to do more good for our country. Judging from every aspects, Obama simply lacks experience.

Would you let some textbook mechanic work on your car, installing your turbo kit with no written warranty? Absolutely not. I honestly don't like any candidates for this nomination. But after following it through carefully, I must say that McCain & Palin will get my vote, not because they're republican, but because what I believe that they can do. Obama just sounds so "infomercial" to me. I like his speeches, I like his figure and acts, but he has no action, no credibility.

sammich is my bitch 1000cckiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leisa
    Thats bull****, her speech blew the Democrats out of the water.. you can tell she wont take any sh it that is for sure...
    no that **** didn't, she looked like a fool
    Resize sig area!

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by ATK_Designs
    I usually don't get involved in political debates nor favor any party but let me say this. From the 3rd person point of view, I clearly see who has the potential to do more good for our country. Judging from every aspects, Obama simply lacks experience.

Would you let some textbook mechanic work on your car, installing your turbo kit with no written warranty? Absolutely not. I honestly don't like any candidates for this nomination. But after following it through carefully, I must say that McCain & Palin will get my vote, not because they're republican, but because what I believe that they can do. Obama just sounds so "infomercial" to me. I like his speeches, I like his figure and acts, but he has no action, no credibility.
    I totally agree with what you just wrote. I just did not have a clear choice this go round until I hear her speak and then weighed the experiences.
    01' Mercedes C320 $10500 o.b.o. or trade 4 G35 coupe
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...9#post38098929

great statement! reps to you. Careful though, this site is full of liberals who will castrate you for such a comment.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by jwrape
    I totally agree with what you just wrote. I just did not have a clear choice this go round until I hear her speak and then weighed the experiences.
    listening to speeches alone doesn't provide you with an accurate account on what they stand for. Americans should be doing research on their candidates to see what they stand behind and who they are.

Prime example: republicans keep spouting that democrats are going to raise taxes and it will effect all of you meaning the masses... this grossly inaccurate. it has been proposed to raise taxes on individuals making over 250k a year which makes up such a small % of the population it is ridiculous.

i read a statement about mccain/obama financial statements and mccains had approx 250k in credit card debt yet obama has put away 200k for college for his kids... who do you want balancing our budget

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25154267

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

That audience was just pasty, pasty white. If Palin "brought the heat," then I hope the RNC provided enough SPF-100 to go around.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    That audience was just pasty, pasty white. If Palin "brought the heat," then I hope the RNC provided enough SPF-100 to go around.
    ... i counted less minorities last night

Would you let some textbook mechanic work on your car, installing your turbo kit with no written warranty? Absolutely not. .
    No, what McCain is offering you is more like:

A mechanic with a long standing record of epic failoffering to fix your car at regular price while giving discounts to all his rich buddies. Oh, and he wants you to trust him just because he was a war hero 30 years ago. His partner in the shop is a soccer mom who changed her own air filter a couple of times. Oh, and he also can't lift his arms higher than his shoulders.

The Philanthropist Dirty Octopus™'s Avatar

yeah id give her props if she wrote the damned thing and didnt have to read a teleprompter

Anyone with a non biased view got a summary of her speech? I missed it last night.

wait until you all get up on the policies she has, and what she was saying about iraq...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef
    Anyone with a non biased view got a summary of her speech? I missed it last night.
    Its all over youtube. Should be easy to find. She didn't say anything new or exciting. She just introduced her family, praised Mac, bashed Obama, and talked about Iran and drilling ANWR, praised Mac some more, and then ended the speech by praising Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by PRiMAdonna
    haha i saw that.. i thought it was cute!
    damn you're still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef

"She massages Shit" Mike Lowrey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    great statement! reps to you. Careful though, this site is full of liberals who will castrate you for such a comment.
    QFT.

Yeah, here comes Paul with Obama's dick in his mouth.
    Rich...Bob...Stan...?????

Prime example: republicans keep spouting that democrats are going to raise taxes and it will effect all of you meaning the masses... this grossly inaccurate. it has been proposed to raise taxes on individuals making over 250k a year which makes up such a small % of the population it is ridiculous.
    Why should the rich suffer the burdon for the country. The top 5% of the rich are burdoned with around 70-80% of the countries taxes. The bottom 25% of the country is only burdoned by 3% of the taxes. I do not see why the rich should pay MORE of the taxes than they already are. That is not the answer. Reduce spending, reduce governemnt.

i read a statement about mccain/obama financial statements and mccains had approx 250k in credit card debt yet obama has put away 200k for college for his kids... who do you want balancing our budget

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25154267
    Maybe McCain didn't get the middle eastern terrorist discount on his house like Obama got on his........

lol rich and his WL facts!

Quote Originally Posted by JITB
    Don't you have a nissan engineer to suck off?

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by richw131
    Why should the rich suffer the burdon for the country. The top 5% of the rich are burdoned with around 70-80% of the countries taxes. The bottom 25% of the country is only burdoned by 3% of the taxes. I do not see why the rich should pay MORE of the taxes than they already are. That is not the answer. Reduce spending, reduce governemnt.

Maybe McCain didn't get the middle eastern terrorist discount on his house like Obama got on his........
    wow your done having your sh!t pushed in by bush/mccain train? :idb:

do you even make over 250k+ a year? i don't want to hear your BS talk around in circle answer; yes or no will do fine.

b/c i'm sure you fall into the NO you don't make 250k so would make you wanting to take on more of the burden of taxes why?

republicans like you are as about as bad as welfare leeches - no lets cut taxes so we can borrow more money from china increase our deficit and further put the US into the hole.

mccain wouldn't need a discount anyway he married up after cheating on his wife... furthermore he doesn't think people are rich unless they make "5 million or more"... so obama is poor compared to mccain.

wow your done having your sh!t pushed in by bush/mccain train? :idb:

do you even make over 250k+ a year? i don't want to hear your BS talk around in circle answer; yes or no will do fine.

b/c i'm sure you fall into the NO you don't make 250k so would make you wanting to take on more of the burden of taxes why?

republicans like you are as about as bad as welfare leeches - no lets cut taxes so we can borrow more money from china increase our deficit and further put the US into the hole.
    Just because you are self serving, does not mean I am. I do not make over $250k, but that does not mean I believe that they should take on more of the burdon. That does not solve the problem.

To solve the problem, we need to reduce spending. Raising taxes on the rich does not solve that. Liberals like you are the reason we have so many welfare leeches.

IA KING

Just because you are self serving, does not mean I am. I do not make over $250k, but that does not mean I believe that they should take on more of the burdon. That does not solve the problem.

To solve the problem, we need to reduce spending. Raising taxes on the rich does not solve that. Liberals like you are the reason we have so many welfare leeches.
    this is what republicans propose every time what ends up happening is they cut necessary funding to education, gov't services, energy, etc while they make tax cuts for the rich.

the value of the dollar is down and programs cost more to to sustain - cutting taxes is not only reckless but dumb. 8 years of republican white house has proven this. thank countries like china for your stimulus check.

- out to lunch.

this is what republicans propose every time what ends up happening is they cut necessary funding to education, gov't services, energy, etc while they make tax cuts for the rich.

the value of the dollar is down and programs cost more to to sustain - cutting taxes is not only reckless but dumb. 8 years of republican white house has proven this. thank countries like china for your stimulus check.

- out to lunch.
    Let me ask you this.....

In your opinion, why is the value of the dollar down?

LOL at you thinking the National Enquier is factual
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    LOL at you thinking the National Enquier is factual
    since when?

the value of the dollar is down and programs cost more to to sustain - cutting taxes is not only reckless but dumb.
    So by this thinking we should just keep increasing taxes until we can pay for all of this.....We should not spend any effort into bettering the efficiency of the government, taking a hard look at what programs do not provide value to the people?

What is your solution? other than keep raising taxes......

since when?
    Ummm I know its been since 10:30am since you last posted in this thread, but damn son I know you cant be that forgetful

More Palin Drama...

p.s. did you see what I was telling you about the google browser and your question about your favs being transferred over? xoxoxox lol
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Ummm I know its been since 10:30am since you last posted in this thread, but damn son I know you cant be that forgetful

More Palin Drama...

p.s. did you see what I was telling you about the google browser and your question about your favs being transferred over? xoxoxox lol
    but that all wasnt NE.. i should have edited that ****..

but naw i havent seen the answer.. thanx if it helps..lol

Kevykev
    McCain may be one STIFF guy. It may have to do with the fact that he ejected out of a burning fighter, and was tortured by the North Vietnamese. Because of the injuries he suffered in Vietnam he can not raise his arms much above his shoulders. It also shows he has a STIFF BACKBONE!
    Realtime

IA KING

So by this thinking we should just keep increasing taxes until we can pay for all of this.....We should not spend any effort into bettering the efficiency of the government, taking a hard look at what programs do not provide value to the people?

What is your solution? other than keep raising taxes......
    no but cutting taxes to help the rich who pay the majority of services that ALL americans use on a daily basis isn't the answer either. there is no perfect solution and with two parties fighting to "CHANGE" america while middle america gets lost in the process. this has happened for the past 8 years. republicans tried to make it sound like they were doing everything possible to work with democrats and cross party lines - this can be further from the truth. bushes answers to things like war spending is agree with me or let me cry about how democrats are not patriotic

answer raise taxes back to previous levels during clinton administration; if i'm not mistaken the highest bracket which is over 350k has dropped approx 4.0+% since 2000. i'm sorry but these people can afford to hire a CPA to handle their taxes and gain them back their 4% when filing tax returns.

i am 100% for cutting pork just as palin was so talked about doing... yet when it comes down to it she contradicted herself by stating she opposed the "Bridge to Nowwhere" which was like 320 million tax payer dollars to build a road in Alaska. these are the type of projects that need to be reevaluated when at the same time we knew for a fact we have a major city in the south that could be devastated by a hurricane (katrina).

700+ billion on a war which has resulted in NOTHING. republicans are spouting off last night same BS bush has since we began the war that "VICTORY IS IN SIGHT" ... really? when are we going to hold Iraq accountable for Iraq? 80+ billion dollar surplus and they haven't lifted a finger.

sad to say but best canidate this year was Ron Paul - he spoke last night after the GOP convention and his republican views are quite different then the GOP. i totally would of voted for him even with the little i know about him.

i dont see how you can say the war is NOTHING. WE DONT KNOW THAT YET. you think we know whats going to happen in the next 5 years?

Let me ask you a question, if, in 4 years, we are out of iraq, they stay a democracy and become a ally to us. If they become a country that shares oil, and starts to pay us back, what will you say then?

Still a failure?

Most of you miss the point of the war in iraq. its about setting up a DEOMCRATIC STATE in an area where people HATE US. if it works, Bush presidency will be remembers as a horrible time but he saw the mission through.

Now if we leave an the violence excalates and dictators take over again, then its all for nothing.

Point is, WE DONT KNOW YET, but right now all signs point to that it IS WORKING
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Paul you are right though the Dems are TRADITIONALLY trying to help the BLUE COLLAR and REPUBLICANS are BIG AND SMALL BUSINESS.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

i dont see how you can say the war is NOTHING. WE DONT KNOW THAT YET. you think we know whats going to happen in the next 5 years?

Let me ask you a question, if, in 4 years, we are out of iraq, they stay a democracy and become a ally to us. If they become a country that shares oil, and starts to pay us back, what will you say then?

Still a failure?

Most of you miss the point of the war in iraq. its about setting up a DEOMCRATIC STATE in an area where people HATE US. if it works, Bush presidency will be remembers as a horrible time but he saw the mission through.

Now if we leave an the violence excalates and dictators take over again, then its all for nothing.

Point is, WE DONT KNOW YET, but right now all signs point to that it IS WORKING
    uknow palin doesnt even know whats goin on in iraq? She said she hasnt paid much attention to it...lol

Patience Pays...

Why doesn't she bring the heat on the Economy? Just a thought.. solutions people, solutions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast