Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why Does Everyone keep Saying that Obama is Black?

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by richw131
    I would be with you if it were anything close to being his racial makeup. Race by convienence. It helps his cause, so run with it.

Yeah, I'm sure with his ivy league education, he can surely identify with the struggles of the "black" man from the hood.
    He grew up without his father, I'm sure he can relate a lot more than you would think. I'm not saying feel sorry for him, he's made well for himself and his family but just like there are whites and hispanics from all walks of life.. you have blacks like that too. Nobody choose their race, you just work with the hand you are dealt and Obama just happens to be black.

"She massages Shit" Mike Lowrey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    He grew up without his father, I'm sure he can relate a lot more than you would think. I'm not saying feel sorry for him, he's made well for himself and his family but just like there are whites and hispanics from all walks of life.. you have blacks like that too. Nobody choose their race, you just work with the hand you are dealt and Obama just happens to be black.
    Do you deny that "identifying as a black man" is helping his campaign? Certainly would help black identify with him more......
    Rich...Bob...Stan...?????

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

If you don't like it then why don't you and all the other people saying "Obama isn't really Black" run for president as a Black man. Seriously, tell people you are Black and challenge them to prove you aren't. See how seriously they take your campaign.

Patience Pays...

Do you deny that "identifying as a black man" is helping his campaign? Certainly would help black identify with him more......

I've never thought being black gave anyone an edge to being elected. I'll admit the point he is at now, yes it benefits him to be a minority, he gets tons of press coverage cause of it.

I can't wait until all Americans are brown so we can get over this shi.it
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    The we can all ask......"What can brown do for you?" lol

It'll always be something with the human race.

"Look at those fkcin Light Browns, they make me sick"

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

who cares, whats the relevance in you posting this? we just need somebody to get this country back on track black or white who gives a fuk
    All I hear is that Obama could be the first Black President, if he were to win. How can people make that claim? I know his campain party like this, because it brings in the black voters......

Obama is:

50.00% Caucasion (White)
    43.75% Arabic
    6.25% Black

So, please explain how it can be claimed he is black?

The federal law of the US says that to claim minority status, you must be at least 12.5% (1/8) of the race you claim to represent.

Discuss.....

*GETS ON ONE KNEE*

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Style
    who cares, whats the relevance in you posting this? we just need somebody to get this country back on track black or white who gives a fuk
    The point is claiming minority status for personal gain. It is helping his campain. period.

The point is claiming minority status for personal gain. It is helping his campain. period.

I am sick and tired of this lame ass arguement.

Point blank and period, blame society and the on going views of the majority of this nation, not Obama.

If you look at him you see........yep you guessed right, black.

If you look at Colin Powell you see......dang, black again.

If you look at Michael Jackson you see.....maybe white, but he is black too.

Society knows what he is, are you missing that? If he wasn't running for office, white people would view as a black man who is educated. Since he is running, you try to discredit his race too? Give me a ****ing break!

Everyone else on this earth sees a black man, not a 23% black 50% whtie, etc.

Stop this stupid ****ing % game of how much of something someone is. This color game is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    I am sick and tired of this lame ass arguement.

Point blank and period, blame society and the on going views of the majority of this nation, not Obama.

If you look at him you see........yep you guessed right, black.

If you look at Colin Powell you see......dang, black again.

If you look at Michael Jackson you see.....maybe white, but he is black too.

Society knows what he is, are you missing that? If he wasn't running for office, white people would view as a black man who is educated. Since he is running, you try to discredit his race too? Give me a ****ing break!

Everyone else on this earth sees a black man, not a 23% black 50% whtie, etc.

Stop this stupid ****ing % game of how much of something someone is. This color game is not working.
    Hahahaha....

The US states that to claim minority status you must be 1/8 (12.5%) of that minority. That rule applies to ALL americans.

Are you saying that he should have special treatment?

Should we all take a poll so that we each know how society sees us, and use that as our race? Is that what you propose?

Hahahaha....

The US states that to claim minority status you must be 1/8 (12.5%) of that minority. That rule applies to ALL americans.

Are you saying that he should have special treatment?

Should we all take a poll so that we each know how society sees us, and use that as our race? Is that what you propose?
    Sadly, we ALL should. Every last one of us. That way we can add a bunch of new options for the 2010 consensus!

My point is this, if he checked the "white" box on a form, he would be told he was wrong. No one would go and check his percentages, in our country color reigns all. No way around it.

What does race have to do with being a leader? He considers himself a black man, since forever, not recently. Why now, when he get closer to possibly winning the election does it really f'ing matter? Let some white people tell it, if he as .00000001% of black in him he is a BLACK PERSON (or the worse word )

Remember, at one point (still now!) many black people did not think he was Black enough (which disgust me), he was not the stereotypical African-American (good, sets a damn good example of how to be), and even further a black person tried to call him out on it (an ignorant creep from up North). So by saying he has an advantage is far from the truth.

Republicans have played this race as dirty as they come. Pulling **** out of magic hats to stop a MIXED AMERICAN (make you feel better?) from even getting CLOSE to becoming president. The Republican theory, flame me if you want, is to keep it white.

you could not have made your point any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    Sadly, we ALL should. Every last one of us. That way we can add a bunch of new options for the 2010 consensus!

My point is this, if he checked the "white" box on a form, he would be told he was wrong. No one would go and check his percentages, in our country color reigns all. No way around it.

What does race have to do with being a leader? He considers himself a black man, since forever, not recently. Why now, when he get closer to possibly winning the election does it really f'ing matter? Let some white people tell it, if he as .00000001% of black in him he is a BLACK PERSON (or the worse word )

Remember, at one point (still now!) many black people did not think he was Black enough (which disgust me), he was not the stereotypical African-American (good, sets a damn good example of how to be), and even further a black person tried to call him out on it (an ignorant creep from up North). So by saying he has an advantage is far from the truth.

Republicans have played this race as dirty as they come. Pulling **** out of magic hats to stop a MIXED AMERICAN (make you feel better?) from even getting CLOSE to becoming president. The Republican theory, flame me if you want, is to keep it white.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345