Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama DNC Speech

Banned

I heard it on the radio this morning. I was actually impressed, very well executed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN
    well that's interesting considering a huge percentage of Obama followers are in their early 20's, i find it really annoying that all these people that are young and put all this support into someone like Obama are really people at this point in time that don't own a home.. Basically, People who own nothing and have nothing to lose on such a gamble for a man that is nothing but out spoken with big charisma. I watched his speech and it was so unrealistic its almost desperate sounding bull crap.

before getting annoyed with the early 20's followers...how about looking at it from the other side of the coin. maybe a lot of those followers have watched their parents lose a lot within the past 8 years. owning a home has nothing to do with being able to vote in the first place. ed mcmahon almost lost his home (and he's well past his 20's)...i guess his vote would annoy you too. by the way...donald trump (who had NEVER met mcmahon) is the only reason mcmahon has his home TODAY. i guess trump has now lost EVERYTHING (for helping a struggling American), and mcmahon (who probably USED to be in the top 5%) is just a lazy, useless individual.

I believe that IF you really want to make it in this world you just have to do it and not wait on your government to "save" you. I don't think that the government needs to help "struggling americans" If you can't help yourself.......too bad for you. You shouldn't be rewarded for making bad choices in life. People that have money earned it one way or another and shouldn't be looked down at. I love when these rich politicians look down at their own kind. I am NO where near rich, my husband and I struggle, but we get by without help from anyone else. I do however think financial aid is a great thing, but that's just me. I don't know how Obama is going to help "Struggling Americans", but I would really like to hear how he plans on doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen
    before getting annoyed with the early 20's followers...how about looking at it from the other side of the coin. maybe a lot of those followers have watched their parents lose a lot within the past 8 years. owning a home has nothing to do with being able to vote in the first place. ed mcmahon almost lost his home (and he's well past his 20's)...i guess his vote would annoy you too. by the way...donald trump (who had NEVER met mcmahon) is the only reason mcmahon has his home TODAY. i guess trump has now lost EVERYTHING (for helping a struggling American), and mcmahon (who probably USED to be in the top 5%) is just a lazy, useless individual.

are you serious? No, you can't be, people who lose their belongings for foolish spending do not count at all. Ed admitted that he spent way more than he was receiving and avoided property taxes at the same time. That is not the governments problem. Owning a home has nothing to do with voting, you are correct, but when all these young people are supporting someone who wants to take from the rich to pay for the poor and they own nothing as it stands then they have no idea what they are doing and are just supporting the big talker that is "change".
    I was disgusted with the part of the speech where he talked about how the current government leaves you completely on your own which i strongly disagree anyway in that being the case. But, in my opinion, you ARE on your own and life is what you make it, the government shouldn't be there to give you everything outside of an education which is STILL NOT HARD TO GET, or safety in your community. GET A CLUE DUDE.
    Last edited by SPOOLIN; 08-30-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

this current administration has done NOTHING for the american people but put them into debt. bush took the surplus that clinton had created and flushed it so far down the toilet. this administration has paid no attention to things goin on at home and focused more on a failing war then anything. how can you have a leader that doesnt admit that there is problems going on at home and wont do **** about it. i would rather have someone in office take inicitive(sp?) and get this country back on in the position we are supposed to be as a world power. we are completely disrespected as a nation now. bush had NO foriegn policy skills what so ever. that man is a complete moran. McCain is going to follow many of the same tactics bush did and **** us over. i dont give a damn if he's been in washing ton for almost 30 years. who cares, i dont want some old fart in the office. this country is turning into something different, a young based society. baby boomers are dwindling and having somene that appeals to them instead of the future of our country is completely rediculous.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Patience Pays...

are you serious? No, you can't be, people who lose their belongings for foolish spending do not count at all. Ed admitted that he spent way more than he was receiving and avoided property taxes at the same time. That is not the governments problem. Owning a home has nothing to do with voting, you are correct, but when all these young people are supporting someone who wants to take from the rich to pay for the poor and they own nothing as it stands then they have no idea what they are doing and are just supporting the big talker that is "change".
    I was disgusted with the part of the speech where he talked about how the current government leaves you completely on your own which i strongly disagree anyway in that being the case. But, in my opinion, you ARE on your own and life is what you make it, the government shouldn't be there to give you everything outside of an education which is STILL NOT HARD TO GET, or safety in your community. GET A CLUE DUDE.
    He also talked about personal responsibility but I guess you missed that..

wtf do you mean empty, and wtf do you mean garbage, well i tell you what, go ahead and put another republican in the house and you will really see some garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    Post all comments and thoughts in here.

My overall impression. Much like all the analysts are saying I think that the speach was mostly old style democratic garbage. I also thought that it still sounds too much like all the rest of his speech's ........EMPTY. More of the same I'm going to do this but no specifics. He has AGAIN said how much he would love to debate McCain but has time and time again declined to do so. Unfortunately for him however he will not be able to run for much longer and he will not be able to keep giving empty speech's for much longer.

yes, i am serious. he did say that he had bad spending habits, but there were also a number of other factors that played a role. dude had health issues wich wouldn't allow him to work, and i'm sure those issues also cost him LOTS of money (much like a lot of other Americans). lol, it's funny...you tell me to get a clue, but the SAME THINGS you say the government should give you are the SAME THINGS that obama is talking about.

you mccain supporters act like obama is out to only help the people who won't help themselves. he proposed tax breaks for lower/average income families...NEWS FLASH...you can't receive a tax break if you don't have a JOB. he proposed to tax the hell out of people who out-source american jobs in order to bring those jobs back to the american people. he proposed to financially assist the people who are students, educators, public safety personnel. he proposed to make it easier for EVERYONE to get healthcare...something even the rich need. the list goes on...but no where in his policies does he say "i'm taking from the hardworking rich, and helping the people who don't help themselves." lol, you tell me i don't have a clue...and yet, you're willing to vote for a man who's vice president is going to be someone whose biggest political proposals have revolved around the right to kill bears and wolves...goodluck with those 2. God forbid we actually end up with someone like her running our country.

I agree with what you said. i'm one of those young guys that doesn't currently own anything but I still don't see the right of the government to take away from someone who has and give it to someone who doesn't.

To adress the other part of your post that I bolded. People seem to forget this one line in the Declaration of Independence:

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness" and I think that's a big problem in this country. It's like Obama said in his speech about how one of McCain's ecconomic advisor's said that this country has become one of whiners. Obama denounced that but in reality I'm sorry it's true. People in this country want the government to do more for them yet to me it seems like no one is doing anymore for themselves than they were doing 8 years ago when Clinton left office. I said it earlier and I'll sait again. People have forgotten where to draw the line between personal responsibility and Government duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan®
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    I agree with what you said. i'm one of those young guys that doesn't currently own anything but I still don't see the right of the government to take away from someone who has and give it to someone who doesn't.

To adress the other part of your post that I bolded. People seem to forget this one line in the Declaration of Independence:

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness" and I think that's a big problem in this country. It's like Obama said in his speech about how one of McCain's ecconomic advisor's said that this country has become one of whiners. Obama denounced that but in reality I'm sorry it's true. People in this country want the government to do more for them yet to me it seems like no one is doing anymore for themselves than they were doing 8 years ago when Clinton left office. I said it earlier and I'll sait again. People have forgotten where to draw the line between personal responsibility and Government duty.
    Exactly my point, now i will proceed to not respond to this thread anymore. Everyone is this country wants to be breast fed apparently.

I'm very interested to know if BET will show McCain's acceptance speech LIVE like they did OBAMA'S. If not than i am calling out a crock of bull**** on the obviously expected amount of African American support for obama who's barely considered an African American, just thought id pick at that fire slightly. If they do show it, i might feel a little better, lol.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

All i have to say is you guys should just take a few minutes to listen to this
    youtube clip called The 2nd American Revolution

RIP #1417

Patience Pays...

Exactly my point, now i will proceed to not respond to this thread anymore. Everyone is this country wants to be breast fed apparently.

I'm very interested to know if BET will show McCain's acceptance speech LIVE like they did OBAMA'S. If not than i am calling out a crock of bull**** on the obviously expected amount of African American support for obama who's barely considered an African American, just thought id pick at that fire slightly. If they do show it, i might feel a little better, lol.
    But it wont change your views any so what does it matter? I've said it before, Democrats in the past have garnered 90% of the black vote and its no big deal.. thats the average number for African American vote in the democratic party. Obama gets that same figure (Gore actually had 1% more) and suddenly black people are voting for him because he's black. Where does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    But it wont change your views any so what does it matter? I've said it before, Democrats in the past have garnered 90% of the black vote and its no big deal.. thats the average number for African American vote in the democratic party. Obama gets that same figure (Gore actually had 1% more) and suddenly black people are voting for him because he's black. Where does this make sense?
    because 90% of 1million voters is different than 90% of 50million voters.

Obama is getting the same percentage but hes getting MORE PEOPLE
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    because 90% of 1million voters is different than 90% of 50million voters.

Obama is getting the same percentage but hes getting MORE PEOPLE
    Is it because he's black or because the campaign actually gets on the ground floor and puts forth an initiative to register new voters? Turnout in the Democratic primary was up a huge 2.3%.. add in Hillary Clinton to that as well.

I guess what bothers me about this whole "Black people vote for Obama cause he's black" thing is I went to North Carolina to Canvass for the campaign.. I saw the demographics, and at that registration station there were more whites than blacks by about 3 to 1. I talked to these people and they literally flew in from Maine, Arizona, Rhode Island, Texas to VOLUNTEER.. they were not paid.

Blacks only make up 15% of the population in this country, Obama is not going to win only because he is black so let it go.

oh im not saying that his campaign hasnt encouraged people to vote. It has and for that i commend him.

But lets face it

1) If he wins, its because he pursuaded a bunch of people for the wrong reasons

2) If he loses it will be because he was black (at least thats what people will say).

And im sorry based on the polling data and based on the information accumulated by Gallop and others, the MAJORITY of BLACK VOTERS are voting for OBAMA because HE IS BLACK. Most of them cant even tell you where he was born, where he was a senator , etc.

But im willing to say that the majority of people that are voting for him dont know much about him, they just dont want Mccain, thats it.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

MOST HATED

oh im not saying that his campaign hasnt encouraged people to vote. It has and for that i commend him.

But lets face it

2) If he loses it will be because he was black (at least thats what people will say).

And im sorry based on the polling data and based on the information accumulated by Gallop and others, the MAJORITY of BLACK VOTERS are voting for OBAMA because HE IS BLACK. Most of them cant even tell you where he was born, where he was a senator , etc.

But im willing to say that the majority of people that are voting for him dont know much about him, they just dont want Mccain, thats it.

At the end of the day, who cares what who's reason for voting is.
    You think everyone that is voting for Mccsame knows his agenda?
    Or where he was born, his life history, or who the hell he really is?
    Give me a fukin break.

Just as many people are voting for the old fart simply because he's white or simply because he's a Republican or another other number of asinine reasons.

The right to vote gives each individual the power to vote for whoever for whatever reason they see fit. That's the beauty of America and being an American. Don't like it? Tough titty.
    Last edited by BobbyFresh; 08-31-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Banned

But lets face it

lol its no different with the mcCain supposrters, who seem to know more about obama than mcCain. You cant seperate McCains policies from anything that we have now.. and its not working. i rarely see or read McCain supporters that have EVER, posted a reason why they want mCCain. its always whats wrong with Obama.... You all spend soo much time analysing Obama suppporters, and you fail to be following your own choice. its as if Republicans spend all their energy telling democrats what they should and should not like about someone... Im like focus on your choice.. and leave the democrats alone.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by joseph dale
    lol its no different with the mcCain supposrters, who seem to know more about obama than mcCain. You cant seperate McCains policies from anything that we have now.. and its not working. i rarely see or read McCain supporters that have EVER, posted a reason why they want mCCain. its always whats wrong with Obama.... You all spend soo much time analysing Obama suppporters, and you fail to be following your own choice. its as if Republicans spend all their energy telling democrats what they should and should not like about someone... Im like focus on your choice.. and leave the democrats alone.

Exactly. The only focus that Mccain's campaign has had as of late is to try to discredit Obama. Not a campaign based on a real platform and goals and resolutions, just 3rd grade mud slinging.

This is quite honestly IMO, the worst election year I have seen since I've been personally aware of the political process.

If the man mentions he's black in any context, he is using the "race card".
    They attack him because he'd rather deal with countries we have conflict with through diplomacy as opposed to engaging in other costly wars
    They attack his family i.e wife and half brother.
    How many of us have half siblings that we don't have any real interaction with? Are all of you financially responsible for your HALF siblings or even your full blooded brothers and sisters?
    And all because Mccsame could not remember how many homes he owns. That's who you want to lead this country? A man that has no idea of how the average American lives?
    They bring up past associations with people that Obama has long since distanced himself from.

So my question is, when has Mccsame had time to focus on the real issues, those that affect us and will affect our children?

The Roman Wardog The_ CaneCorso's Avatar

I saw a tag the other day and it said IH8OBAMA, Thats kinda xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFresh
    At the end of the day, who cares what who's reason for voting is.
    You think everyone that is voting for Mccsame knows his agenda?
    Or where he was born, his life history, or who the hell he really is?
    Give me a fukin break.

Just as many people are voting for the old fart simply because he's white or simply because he's a Republican or another other number of asinine reasons.

The right to vote gives each individual the power to vote for whoever for whatever reason they see fit. That's the beauty of America and being an American. Don't like it? Tough titty.
    Yep.......exactly!

This race is no longer poilitcal, rather a verbal assault between the candidates. I feel that a very large proportion of voter do not each candidates views on the various topics that they should.

*Now watch someone post behind me and say "its more black folk that don't know than white"*

Carry on....

...And im sorry based on the polling data and based on the information accumulated by Gallop and others, the MAJORITY of BLACK VOTERS are voting for OBAMA because HE IS BLACK. Most of them cant even tell you where he was born, where he was a senator , etc.

i wonder how much of this "information" accumulated by gallop and others, includes the people who AREN'T voting for him because HE IS BLACK.... i mean damn, look at all of the people who are now voting for mccain because hilary lost, with no justifiable reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123