402. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mccain

204 50.75%
  • Obama

160 39.80%
  • I'm illegal, or don't vote

38 9.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mccain or Obama, this time with a poll!!!!!!!!

I dont understand how I'm the only person I know who thinks we're pretty much ****ed either way on this election. Everyone is buying into Obama's empty promises, but what's worse is even being able to support the democratic party at all. They are the biggest group of whiners and **** talkers America has ever seen in a political party. So many democrats were downing Obama from the start saying he isn't close to being ready to lead, but now they all change their minds? They're too concerned with their own interests to say what they really mean, and I guarantee you what Bill Clinton said about him thinking Obama is ready was a bunch of bs. Obama is incredibly inexperienced with absolutely no proof that he will be effective(where's his backround info? why are they doing pretty much everything they can to hide his records as a senator?). The American public is so easily convinced by candidates spouting off all these things they're going to accomplish it's astounding. Obama claims he only wants to tax those who make +250k a year, but what about guys like my dad who own multiple houses for rent? If Obama's tax plans go through, my family is going to suffer, and the money we lose is going to go to the dumbass bums who wont pay my dad rent money regardless of how much they have. And this "free" healthcare ****. NOTHING IS FREE. We are going to get taxed out the ass, I don't care who you are or how much money you make. Obama wants to spend a lot of money we don't have, and our economy he is promising to fix is going to plummet even further for it. And I dont even want to get started on McCain's senile crazy ass.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Whats even more interesting is in the other thread McSame supporters are for illegal wiretaps in the name of security.. but don't take away our guns! Nobody, especially Obama is going to change the 2nd Amendment, turn the media off and do your own research.
    Yeah, people act like regulating the process through which handguns are pruchased and requiring people to register them is the same as taking them away.

And as far as the assault weapons are concerned, I'm all for it. These things have no place in the hands of private citizens. If you feel like you need a full-auto AR-15 and a stack of hi-cap mags to defend your home you need to pick one of the following options:

a.) stop selling drugs
    b.) stop smoking drugs

The Roman Wardog The_ CaneCorso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender
    Yeah, people act like regulating the process through which handguns are pruchased and requiring people to register them is the same as taking them away.

And as far as the assault weapons are concerned, I'm all for it. These things have no place in the hands of private citizens. If you feel like you need a full-auto AR-15 and a stack of hi-cap mags to defend your home you need to pick one of the following options:

a.) stop selling drugs
    b.) stop smoking drugs
    full auto ar-15? Is that a M16?

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing
    for real...its scary to think that ppl will vote with nothing more than skin color being the reason for the vote. i would rather those ppl not vote at all.
    people did the same in the last election due to religion - churches hold voting poles and they bus church people to them... SEPARATION right.

Quote Originally Posted by davidhseo
    i voted for obama for my own reasons..

gay marriage? lol j.k

Quote Originally Posted by onebadgt
    thats the most rediculous thing i have ever heard, if hes affecting peoples votes its because they have a mind and likes his position on politics so choose to vote for him. there not one minded like people who would say some white power kkk bull****!

but on another note i agree with the gun loving comment lol
    Im just stating what I saw everyday that I lived in Dahlonega GA

Ive never seen more confederate flags, or heard the words "coon" and "ni**er" thrown around ever in my entire life living in California

so blame them for ruining my opinion about northern GA

oh yea btw... obama is winning this poll now

66-63

Like the fact that there are JUST as many voting against Obama cause he is black as there is voting FOR Obama for the exact same reason? Yeah it is scary...
    I'd hate to break this to you, but racism isnt nearly as rampant as you would like to think.

Whats even more interesting is in the other thread McSame supporters are for illegal wiretaps in the name of security.. but don't take away our guns! Nobody, especially Obama is going to change the 2nd Amendment, turn the media off and do your own research.
    I cant stand the patriot act and I hate the wire taps, but at the same time I dont sweat it. If one of those running for Senate this year specificly came out and said they would fight to get rid og the patriot act they would have a huge advantage for my poll. It will take more than just the Patriot Act though.

Obama did vote for a ban on handguns in IL when he was in the IL Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Clegger
    You really think the people on here are actually watching the democratic convention. Even if the numbers arn't that good. If he is affecting peoples votes and decisions in a state like GA, he is definitely doing something right.

He is going to smash the electoral votes this year
    Obama is getting somewhere in the area of 90% of black vote and 38% white vote.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107416/Ob...te-Voters.aspx

As far as doing something right, yes he is, but its the same old politics that he says he wont use. People are dropping Obama and moveing towards McCain in lage numbers.

If the dems had at least a decent Al Gore or John kerry type canidate they would win this election in a landslide.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    Obama is getting somewhere in the area of 90% of black vote and 38% white vote.

If the dems had at least a decent Al Gore or John kerry type canidate they would win this election in a landslide.
    That 38% (actually 43%) white support is more than Gore and Kerry had at this point in the election. And Gore actually had 91% of the black vote.

That 38% (actually 43%) white support is more than Gore and Kerry had at this point in the election. And Gore actually had 91% of the black vote.
    I got the white vote number from Gallup, but it was about 6 months old and I wasnt in the mood to find a more recent poll.

Also either you are screwed up, or I am. If Obama is getting 43% of white vote, and 90% of black, how does he only have 48% total according to Gallup while McCain has 43?

Other issue, Obama was expecting around a 7-10 point seperation after the convention, and he only has 5. How much will swing back towards McCain with the announcement of Palin, then the RNC next week?

Patience Pays...

I got the white vote number from Gallup, but it was about 6 months old and I wasnt in the mood to find a more recent poll.

Also either you are screwed up, or I am. If Obama is getting 43% of white vote, and 90% of black, how does he only have 48% total according to Gallup while McCain has 43?

Other issue, Obama was expecting around a 7-10 point seperation after the convention, and he only has 5. How much will swing back towards McCain with the announcement of Palin, then the RNC next week?

I said this before, what do polls matter if they don't poll the electorate? McCain could be up by 10 points and still lose because the POPULAR VOTE DOESNT GET YOU ELECTED. Just something to think about..

All Obama has to do is flip just 1 state from the last election and he wins, polls dont mean ****.

All Obama has to do is flip just 1 state from the last election and he wins, polls dont mean ****.

I agree 100%, but polls are all we have to go on at this point.

Individual state polls have shown McCain closing the gaps in quite a few of the bigger swing states over the last 2 weeks.

And we would be protected from manbearpig.

Never go full retard

I appreciate the fact that there is at least some intelligent debate on here. I have no problem who someone supports if they have a reasonable explanation to back it up. What pisses me off more than anything are the people that make claims like "The worst democrat would be better than the best republican" (or vice versa). People that don't do their research and then are straight ticket voters can suck my left nut.

Personally I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet. I'm still having to weigh each ones flaws and see which bother me the least. I might even vote independent.

As for the people surprised that this is a close poll on this forum, don't be. Georgia as a whole is an overwhelmingly red state. Atlanta, however, is generally rather blue. This forum is centralized around Atlanta. I guarantee you that Georgia will be red come november.

lol this is exactly why i dont understand how people say their scared to vote for obama or they dont like him, its like wtf do you not want this country to strive again.
    Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Obama w/o a doubt - most americans can't afford another 4 years of republicans in the white house. Rising cost, jobs loss, outsourcing, oil prices, healthcare, education, war, etc. No explanation is needed.

There are two things that decide 90% of my decision for voting. Gun control and abortion. I have never voted for a Dem other than Zell Miller, and those are the reasons. Obama would put my family owned gun store out of business if he could. All I have seen him say is "sensible gun laws" he wont expand on that.

Certified Gearhead

Looks like almost a dead heat!
    01' Mercedes C320 $10500 o.b.o. or trade 4 G35 coupe
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...9#post38098929

i think racism is a rediculous way for people to act, but you cant help that some people will vote their way because of it. i was wondering if neone knows if there is any truth to the fact that obamas church has a gay deaken and all african american cong, and that no whites are permitted to be in the church? i just heard that from a friend and was jw if it was true!

2006 mustang gt
    gears
    bolt-ons

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by accordm3
    There are two things that decide 90% of my decision for voting. Gun control and abortion. I have never voted for a Dem other than Zell Miller, and those are the reasons. Obama would put my family owned gun store out of business if he could. All I have seen him say is "sensible gun laws" he wont expand on that.
    *Obama addressed the June 2008 Supreme Court decision striking down
    the District of Columbia's gun ban by saying, I have always believed
    that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear
    arms, but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities
    to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets
    through common-sense, effective safety measures. The Supreme Court
    has now endorsed that view, and while it ruled that the D.C. gun ban
    went too far, Justice Scalia himself acknowledged that this right is
    not absolute and subject to reasonable regulations enacted by local
    communities to keep their streets safe.?

*Obama has a history of supporting gun control.

*Obama supports a ban on assault weapons and concealed weapons.

*He would crackdown on unscrupulous gun dealers.

*He voted against prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

well there ya go

I voted for Mccain, mainly because i like being able to carry my firearm and because Mccain said he would sign the FairTax bill if it came to his desk in office. I dont really like Obamalama Or Old Mccain but if i had to chose between having my foot cut off and a sharp stick in the eye i think i would take the stick...

Certified Gearhead

honestly, getting 1 foot cut off is better than being blind.... you can always get a fake foot.

*Obama addressed the June 2008 Supreme Court decision striking down
    the District of Columbia's gun ban by saying, I have always believed
    that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear
    arms, but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities
    to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets
    through common-sense, effective safety measures. The Supreme Court
    has now endorsed that view, and while it ruled that the D.C. gun ban
    went too far, Justice Scalia himself acknowledged that this right is
    not absolute and subject to reasonable regulations enacted by local
    communities to keep their streets safe.?

*Obama has a history of supporting gun control.

*Obama supports a ban on assault weapons and concealed weapons.

*He would crackdown on unscrupulous gun dealers.

*He voted against prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
    hey admin, can you move this poll to the Election section?
    since it's such a close poll

how the hell did Speedmonkey vote 18 times?

lol
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by BIG WORM
    Sorry, I forgot to put Hillary on there for you...
    this election seems to have nothing to do with mccain, its more obama and palin running now

another arbitrary poll, don't ppl realize that GA is going to the republicans? :P

Quote Originally Posted by accordm3
    how the hell did Speedmonkey vote 18 times?
    he casted another 17 votes for his illegal friends?

McCain = Success /P.O.W

Obama = DA /that has never RAN or OWNED a business before....So lets let him RUN our nation ?!?!?!?!

End of story
    2004 Audi A4

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho
    McCain = Success /P.O.W

Obama = DA /that has never RAN or OWNED a business before....So lets let him RUN our nation ?!?!?!?!

End of story
    so military exp means he can help balance the worlds largest check book and follow the constitution accurately?

McCain = Success /P.O.W

End of story
    Thank you for ending that ****ty story, lol.

Can you justify your above equations?

Obama graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991......Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts in political science with a specialization in international relations.

Funny thing from Wiki about McCain while at the United States Naval Academy, lol.

McCain came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel, he did not always obey the rules, and that contributed to a low class rank (894 of 899) despite a strong intelligence. He did well in academic subjects that interested him, such as literature and history, but studied only enough to pass subjects he struggled with, such as mathematics. McCain graduated in 1958.
    McCain scored 128 and then 133 on IQ tests
    Last edited by AirMax95; 09-15-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    Thank you for ending that ****ty story, lol.

Can you justify your above equations?

Obama graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991......Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts in political science with a specialization in international relations.

Funny thing from Wiki about McCain while at the United States Naval Academy, lol.

McCain scored 128 and then 133 on IQ tests

Oh so the one with the highest degree gets the job.... good point

and where in ur above statement did you put in where Obama ran something ?
    2004 Audi A4

so military exp means he can help balance the worlds largest check book and follow the constitution accurately?
    Do you honestly think either one of these soon to be Presidents is going to get this country out of debt in 4 yrs.... better yet 8 ????????

5 Gillion i believe is the debt
    Pocket change right ?!?!?! ...
    2004 Audi A4

Patience Pays...

lol Coming in the thread and acting an ass doesn't excuse the fact that you come in asking questions that have already been answered.

IA KING

Do you honestly think either one of these soon to be Presidents is going to get this country out of debt in 4 yrs.... better yet 8 ????????

5 Gillion i believe is the debt
    Pocket change right ?!?!?! ...
    obviously not b/c gov doesn't have enough money to pay off the deficit in a 4 year term. but the fact of the matter is you trying to state military exp makes someone ready to run the gov't... sorry to say but most intelligent people don't normally go into the military. i'm sure obama is a tad bit more intelligent then mccain. mccain does have more exp but then again he is what 2x his age . that also makes him out of touch w/ modern soceity. beyond anything obama has more then enough law exp including constitutional exp which is what matters the most.

Where did I say that the one with the highest degree gets the job (it plays a big damn role, lol)? You missed my post point. McCain studied enough to pass, but he is smart (He has a pretty high IQ). I really don't want a President that is a slacker who doesnt apply themselves. He only focused on things that interested him and we dont need another personal agenda shumck in office.

I posted 2 facts about their backgrounds.

Look at your post McCain = success/POW??????? I asked for support to your equations. Don't ask me for it, lol. What success are you referring to? Show me how being a prisoner of war is SUPER qualifying? That means if Capt. Planet was captured, he can be a President too! Let me run and tell him.

I know McCains history, but I want you to support your double positve equation about McCain. Go fetch Mikes post about him not running a business, at least he supported his reason, lol.

Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard. Not to many people can breeze nor bull**** their way through. No he has not run a business, he has run several different campaigns that focus on the community, and served on the BOD of several foundations that fund businesses. You are going to say "that doesnt mean anything". Then my reply will be: Members of BOD's deal with everything from finance to policy. Do you really think running a business is REALLY that hard for Obama? The man spent the last 18 years bringing people together, fighting for rights, helping busineses start and grow, and served 3 terms in the state legislature.

Oh, if DA stands for District Attorney, you need to do a little more homework

obviously not b/c gov doesn't have enough money to pay off the deficit in a 4 year term. but the fact of the matter is you trying to state military exp makes someone ready to run the gov't... sorry to say but most intelligent people don't normally go into the military. i'm sure obama is a tad bit more intelligent then mccain. mccain does have more exp but then again he is what 2x his age . that also makes him out of touch w/ modern soceity. beyond anything obama has more then enough law exp including constitutional exp which is what matters the most.
    Werd....

lol Coming in the thread and acting an ass doesn't excuse the fact that you come in asking questions that have already been answered.
    Just cause i state my opinion against ur candidate doesn't mean im acting like an ass ...

Maybe YOU should check my first post in here as well....
    2004 Audi A4

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax95
    Where did I say that the one with the highest degree gets the job (it plays a big damn role, lol)? You missed my post point. McCain studied enough to pass, but he is smart (He has a pretty high IQ). I really don't want a President that is a slacker who doesnt apply themselves. He only focused on things that interested him and we dont need another personal agenda shumck in office.

I posted 2 facts about their backgrounds.

Look at your post McCain = success/POW??????? I asked for support to your equations. Don't ask me for it, lol. What success are you referring to? Show me how being a prisoner of war is SUPER qualifying? That means if Capt. Planet was captured, he can be a President too! Let me run and tell him.

I know McCains history, but I want you to support your double positve equation about McCain. Go fetch Mikes post about him not running a business, at least he supported his reason, lol.

Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard. Not to many people can breeze nor bull**** their way through. No he has not run a business, he has run several different campaigns that focus on the community, and served on the BOD of several foundations that fund businesses. You are going to say "that doesnt mean anything". Then my reply will be: Members of BOD's deal with everything from finance to policy. Do you really think running a business is REALLY that hard for Obama? The man spent the last 18 years bringing people together, fighting for rights, helping busineses start and grow, and served 3 terms in the state legislature.

Oh, if DA stands for District Attorney, you need to do a little more homework
    DA= Dumbass

Not reading all that man...
    You dont have to get all serious bout this cat.... just IA man...
    2004 Audi A4

Touche lirl....

Idk maybe since dumb/smart people that join some branch shows more respect to me... Just an opinion ... (Doesn't mean that they make my decision for presidency either) ...
    2004 Audi A4

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast