Thread: New Driver on The Road! 2004 Mazda RX8

Cool New Driver on The Road! 2004 Mazda RX8

Hey, just joined the forum a few days ago, been lurking for a bit though. So, deal is, I was fortunate enough to get a used 2004 Mazda RX8 Grand Touring Edition Manual as my first car. Two tone black and red leather seats, Bose audio, red spec metallic paint. Not too much wrong with it besides some quirks like passenger power locks. It has 55k miles, which in my mind, is a gem. I am learning to drive manual and basically have it down, but I do need to get my license in a couple weeks or so. I joined this forum looking to go to car meets, get help with any upgrades I may want to do (thinking of head unit and exhaust upgrades first), and just to socialize with other car guys. So I'm obviously very new to this scene, hopefully I will make some great friends around Atlanta.

Little more about me..
    I'm 17 years old, mature and reserved. I live in the Buckhead area and am definitely willing to go outside the perimeter to meet some of you guys. I'm about to start senior year (tommorow) and I am a tech guy for sure.

Welcome.

Sucks about the rx8 tho. WHEN it breaks, throw in a LS motor and you will be set!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you are ready for the many headaches and heartbreaks that come with owning an RX8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Has it had the motor replaced under warranty yet ? All RX-8's I thought were offered that and you maybe able to still take advantage of that.

Good luck
    LS3 / Comp / Halltech / ARH / Powerdrive / OZ / Stoptech / Katech / B&B / VR Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by MOWE View Post
    Has it had the motor replaced under warranty yet ? All RX-8's I thought were offered that and you maybe able to still take advantage of that.

Good luck
    Mazda issued a 100k mile warranty on the engines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by MOWE View Post

Good luck
    Unfortunately, it is a 100k, 8 year warranty. The 8 year part got me. Being a 2004 car..

From mazdausa.com

"RX-8 Rotary Engine Core Limited Warranty Extension
    Mazda Motor Corporation is extending the warranty coverage on Rotary Engine Core Components on all RX-8 vehicles produced after the 2004 model year. The warranty coverage for the Rotary Engine Core Components is extended to 8 years (96 months) from the original warranty start date, with a 100,000 mileage limitation. The following is a list of components covered by this warranty:"

welcome mate
    Help out at Import garage so get to play in great rides and handle car parts could it get better than this.

it'd be pretty sweet if you were able to throw in a 13b-rew when it goes- you'd stay true to the rotary and actually have some power in the process. Might as well enjoy it until it dies. My cousin had an RX8 and it was pretty cool- somewhat practical, even.

Wonder if you can get the old motor to run on the new computer/etc and have all the gauges and etc work like they did on the renesis. Maybe by picking off pieces from the blown motor.

Funny how it's assumed without question that your motor will fail very soon- ... HAHAH LOL you got it worse than starions.

Haha hey now...
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc