Thread: My 1984 Nissan 300zx

Default My 1984 Nissan 300zx

Hello my name is Kale, i'm new to this forum. So I have a 1984 Nissan 300zx, it's non-turbo...(2+2) So take a look at my car and tell me what I should do to it. Ls1,VG30DETT or Rb20det
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -285265_168746003273394_2060515555_n-jpg  

Certified Gearhead

If you want performance, I'd daily drive it and save up for a 2+0 turbo 5 speed. RB swaps are expensive, LS1 swaps are expensive. To be honest, if it were my car and I had a connection to it, I'd find a good VG33 from a Pathfinder in great shape, or rebuild it. Then put all the turbo parts on it and run a VG motor. The VG is a damn good motor and can handle a lot of power, even on a stock bottom end. Then I'd see about the 4/87+ LSD rear end if you can get one for cheap enough, or check out putting in a Q45 or Z32TT rear end perhaps.

I'd just run what you brung until you have the money to either turbo the current motor if it's low mileage and healthy, or go the VG33 route if you can't find a sweet deal on a clean VG30ET. However, I'd just get rid of the RB or LS dreams, because if you had the money to afford those you would have bought an already built Z31, or just a Z32 TT.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Great looking car. I'd leave it as is and drive it.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

I want some more rims at least, it's very slow right now as well 160hp.