Thread: Introducing myself+Cool story bro

Default Introducing myself+Cool story bro

I've been lurking here for a little bit to get a feel for the place and now figured it is an appropriate time to make an introduction. I'm Matt, live and work in ATL. I got back into being a full time car enthusiast about a year ago after taking a hiatus for several years. I was pretty big into Mitsubishi's back then, even made a pretty quick 4g63t car, but I got over it and got out of it. I somehow fell back in love with cars after I bought an '86 Toyota Cressida, the car just fit me well for some reason. It dropped a valve and I sold off the shell, heartbreak. Don't know why but I wanted another one badly. I searched for probably 6 months and finally found this:

Low miles, mostly stock right now. Big plans for this one. Coilovers go on next week. Then 1jz transplant. Car is way too clean to hack up so I'm taking my time to do things right and keeping everything working including AC. I'd be interested in meeting other 1jz or 2jz guys for help and advice. I also do professional video editing if anyone needs my services in trade for help and/or advice.
    Last edited by bitchface; 07-27-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: pics

Welcome to the site, man. That has to be the cleanest stock Cressida I've seen by far, how much miles is on it?
    The Answer to 1984 is 1776
    -Alex Jones

Wow this is fucking clean. For the longest time I wanted to pick one of those up as a cruiser and maybe do a 7M swap. These days it's just not practical for me since I have a main project (89T supra) and a side project that my dad and I run at autocross (86 Celica Supra). I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    Wow this is fucking clean. For the longest time I wanted to pick one of those up as a cruiser and maybe do a 7M swap. These days it's just not practical for me since I have a main project (89T supra) and a side project that my dad and I run at autocross (86 Celica Supra). I sent you a PM.
    It's crazy that you say you have a celica supra for a project, I saw a 1980 Celica Supra last friday at pull-a-part and man I was shocked when I saw it.
    -Alex Jones

i think i might wanna trade my DB1 for this

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    It's crazy that you say you have a celica supra for a project, I saw a 1980 Celica Supra last friday at pull-a-part and man I was shocked when I saw it.
    Yeah they are definitely a dying model. I LOVE the car but parts are getting fucking impossible to find. Got rear ended and it took us a month to source some new (used) tail lights. Even 3-4 years ago there would still be one at pull a part every time i stopped by, but i haven't seen one in their inventory in a long time.

I really want to throw a 1uz (ls400 v8) in there and drift but id be afraid to hit/break anything. So thats discouraging, plus my mk3 is already a money pit.

Fun as hell to kick the ass out on a tight autox course though. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Welcome to the site, man. That has to be the cleanest stock Cressida I've seen by far, how much miles is on it?
    Thank you, it took me a lot of searching and praying to find it. Found it in Augusta a few months back. Bought it at 100k, currently sits at 102k.
    So far I've only installed a K&N filter, tune up parts, etc. Replaced the valve cover gaskets. I replaced the ball joints, outer tie rods and all front bushings with energy suspension stuff to get that factory feel back. I still have some wheel slop so I'm replacing the steering rack at the same time I install the coilovers, and also removing the factory steering damper. And I'm also replacing the brake lines with SS braided lines at that time as well.

Suspension bushing job:

Old stuff:

Pulled these spindles from a junkyard to get the coilovers pre-welded:

BC coilovers, not too many coilover options available for the x chassis but these are ok:

More pics soon. I should probably start a build thread but it may be a few more months away from 1j time, might get wheels first.

have much love for BC coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

I'm definitely liking what I see. Finished product should be :boobies:
    -Alex Jones