Thread: 1996 KTM 250 EXC - Need to sell SOON! PROJECT!

Default 1996 KTM 250 EXC - Need to sell SOON! PROJECT!

CASH PRICE - $500 FIRM - ITS GOTTA GO!

1996 KTM 250 EXC - Need to sell SOON!
    VIN -

I am not really sure where I want to start with listing this bike. I bought it with all the intentions in the world of fixing it up and doing some hardcore riding. I have decided to go another direction with my riding and am selling two bikes to ultimately get one.

The bike has new tank graphics and is prettty much complete now. I will get updated pics when I get it back together this weekend. Here are some prelim pics just before I finished it up.

I was told that it needs a new carb. I have been chasing a bunch of jetting issues. I let a buddy borrow the bike to fix the jetting for real and now it wont crank.

BIKE COST - $500
    Handlebars - $40
    Brakes (F/R) - $65
    Grips - $15
    New Tubes - $25
    Rear Tire - $60
    New air filter and spare - $25
    Levers - $20
    New filter cage and strap - $35

TOTAL INVESTED- $785 not including shipping/labor

Owner just put in a new piston and hot rod when I bought it with less than 1hr of run time. I cannot afford to keep the bike wasting garage space and loosing riding season and I just re-injured my shoulder. Times are not great.

CASH PRICE - $600 AS IS

FOR AN ADDITIONAL $400 I will include a nice 5'x9' trailer. pics included below

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf3758-jpg  
    Last edited by Truegiant; 10-19-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

I forgot it comes with a new $100 seto f oem graphics.
    Only two men ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. Defend your rights or lose them forever.

New pics tomorrow. Gotta let the graphics setup tonight.

PRICE DROP! = $500 FIRM!

So when he was working on the jetting did he get the jetting down, and it stopped running? Or did he mess the jetting up worse and now it won't start?
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

He thinks the float and some gasket is messed up. He never got the jetting any better. Now it is straight dumping fuel into the motor. Its dumping so much fuel that when you kick it you can tell its super flooded. He said to just find a parts carb or rebuild this one. I am ordering a new bike and am not going to worry about it.

Ahh gotcha. GLWS!

If anyone is interested in this I can refer you to one of my sponsors shops who will fix this right and on the cheap for ya! Just PM me.
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

PRICE DROP - $500 - Way less than what I have in it.

UPDATED PHOTOS!

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Not interested. Thanks for sharing, though. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Not interested. Thanks for sharing, though. Later, QD.
    Thanks for the free bump!

Default Is this still for sale?

[QUOTE=Truegiant;38402708]CASH PRICE - $500 FIRM - ITS GOTTA GO!

1996 KTM 250 EXC - Need to sell SOON!
    VIN -

I am not really sure where I want to start with listing this bike. I bought it with all the intentions in the world of fixing it up and doing some hardcore riding. I have decided to go another direction with my riding and am selling two bikes to ultimately get one.

The bike has new tank graphics and is prettty much complete now. I will get updated pics when I get it back together this weekend. Here are some prelim pics just before I finished it up.

I was told that it needs a new carb. I have been chasing a bunch of jetting issues. I let a buddy borrow the bike to fix the jetting for real and now it wont crank.

BIKE COST - $500
    Handlebars - $40
    Brakes (F/R) - $65
    Grips - $15
    New Tubes - $25
    Rear Tire - $60
    New air filter and spare - $25
    Levers - $20
    New filter cage and strap - $35

TOTAL INVESTED- $785 not including shipping/labor

Owner just put in a new piston and hot rod when I bought it with less than 1hr of run time. I cannot afford to keep the bike wasting garage space and loosing riding season and I just re-injured my shoulder. Times are not great.

CASH PRICE - $600 AS IS

FOR AN ADDITIONAL $400 I will include a nice 5'x9' trailer. pics included below

Is this still for sale?