Thread: 99 Eclipse Sypder 2.0L Swap - No CEL & No Spark

Certified Gearhead

Default 99 Eclipse Sypder 2.0L Swap - No CEL & No Spark

I have a 99 Eclipse Sypder with a 2.0L Swap (6 Bolt Swap) and i just bought the car and it was not running when i got it. But it's Getting no spark and has no CEL light when i turn the key over to the 2nd on position and i am getting no power to any of the ecu connectors. This car was also an automatic at one time and i have noticed in order to start it the clutch does not have to be engaged.

I have checked the following: Timing is correct, Fuses are all good, CEL Light Bulb is good, Fuel pump does come on (I hear it)

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I don't drive a ricer, I drive a f*cking RICER!

Just to clarify, you know how to use a volt meter? Not bashing, just double checking.

And no power is getting to the ecu at all? If so, trace it back. test after every part of the system. starter, dizzy, fuse box, coil (if external), also make sure all the grounds are connected right.