Thread: 2.4l eclipse swap

live above the limit

Default 2.4l eclipse swap

yo IA i have a question i was wondering could a 2000 2.4l cirrus head be mated with the 2.0l 420a block i kno u might as well do the full swap but i was just curios

The head has the intake manifold is on the front so that would not be wise to for certain reasons (custom downpipe, clearance issues, etc) plus you would gain no power. What is the reason for the head swap

Isnt the 2.4L a single cam anyways? My 97 gs spyder had the 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Isnt the 2.4L a single cam anyways? My 97 gs spyder had the 2.4.
    MY 02 Galant is also...yes its SOHC

Lmao you guys are crazy the 2.4 swap he is referring to is known as the E.D.Z. swap. Basically it is a 2.4L block from "cloud cars" such as a stratus, cirrus, and the 4 cyl caravan. Its a N/A SRT4 motor. However the swap is not for any first timers, it is slightly complicated and it also requires some green stuff to make it worth your while. ( But it is so worth it!!!!!!)

Unknown

Why do you want to swap heads. You will not gain any displacement and the 2.4 head really has no advantage over the 2.0 head. Why don't you just swap blocks and put your 2.0 head on the 2.4 block. To be honest it's not that hard of a swap depending on skill level. Another note it is not a n/a srt 4 motor. You can use parts from the srt motor but they are not the same motor.