Thread: fuel gauge not working

Default fuel gauge not working

my fuel gauge stop working a few weeks ago in my 95 eclipse gst. im assuming that the fuel pump may be no good. the gauge jumps up and down randomly when i hit boost and put gas in. The only way i know im low on gas is when the low gas light flashes on. if it is the fuel pump, i guess the filter would no good either, right?

someone help, im not quiet sure about this!

I would try the electrical aspect of it first. See if you have any wires loose.
    RIP Kaleb Mashburn

Certified Gearhead

sometimes the fuel sending unit gets stuck, just take ur back seat off and check the whole unit, on this car is pretty easy..

I changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, clutch, flywheel, starter, spark plugs and spark plug wires (all OEM) with no luck

Certified Gearhead

then is prob the cluster...

How'd the float look on it? Is it Copper or plastic on those cars? Is it attached to the fuel pump sending unit or a seperate unit?
    The Shitbox