Thread: blowing fuse..

Default blowing fuse..

Just so you know, I have a 1997 Eclipse GST Spyder.
    My ignition fuse blew the other day, so i went and bought a new one.
    As soon as i put it in and tried to start the car, it blew again. any suggestions on what it might be??
    I recently exchanged spark plug wires. but it was fine after i did it so i dont think it has anything to do with that.
    My only guess is that it has something to do with the radio..or maybe my speakers?? but before i take everything apart, i just wanted to get a second opinion..

GET A NEW CAR.....

I DRIVE A TRUCK THEREFORE MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS....

wow wade. what a wonderful suggestion. and here i was all happy that sumone read my thread.
    you sir, are and asshole.

so, i have undone my radio and put it back on after i tested it.
    there isnt a problem with the radio at all.
    in fact. the fuse doesnt pop until i try to start the car. ive done some research and it could possibly be the starter or a wire that is a dead short, because it is touching metal and grounding itself when it shouldnt be..if anyone could give me some suggestions as to what wires it may be, i would very much appreciate it. thanks.

could be the continuity form the starter to the battery but my guess would be that you have power touching a ground somewhere from the starter to the battery. hope this helps. if you dont know how to check continuity just pm me and i will let you know.