Thread: For Sale/Trade + Cash 2004 Silver Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 SSL (Priced To Sell)

Thumbs up SOLD: 04 Evo SSL.

SOLD 5JULY2013

For Sale:
    Year: 2004
    Make: Mitsubishi
    Model: Lancer Evolution VIII SSL
    Mileage: 124,000 Engine and Chassis
    Color: Silver ( Repainted OEM Ford Silver Frost Metallic)
    Engine: Inline 4 Cylinder Turbo-Charged 2.0L. 4G63T
    Transmission: 5 Speed +Reverse
    Drive: All Wheel Drive
    Fuel: 93 Premium Octane
    Options: SSL (Sun, Sound & Leather Package) Power Sunroof, Infinity Subwoofer, Factory Black Leather Recaros, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Assisted Steering, A/C & Heat, Front and Rear Window Defrost, Detachable Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler.
    Owner: 4th
    Title: Clean, Clear, In My Name & In Hand. (Georgia)
    Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 AT 60-70% Tread life

Price: $17,600 As Is FIRM.
    Price: 15,000 FIRM Without Wheels/Tires (Bring Your Own Wheels & Tires 5x114.3 17"+)

Accidents: Zero
    VIN: JA3AH86D24U064835
    Carfax History: Yes, Available.
    Dyno Proven WHP: 440 @ 23psi.
    Dyno Proven TQ: 340 @ 23psi.
    Modified: Yes.
    Part Out: No.

Trades: Possibly. For a Decent Daily (4Runner, Xterra, 02+Mirage, 00+MPV, 90-99Eclipse/Talon,Any Year Miata, 95+Integra, 90+ 300zx, Mazda 323 Hatchback, 94+Camero Z28, 99-05Civic Si, Mazda Protege' 5 Wagon, E30-E36, Pre-94Fox/Notch Body Mustangs, Sonoma/S10/Blazer/Jimmy.Nothing Turbo-Charged unless it's 4G63 Powered...etc) All Trades Must add a Substantial amount of cash depending on the trade. We can talk on amount privately.

Reason for Selling: Build My 93' Auto Talon Tsi Awd
    Contact: 478-456-1804 (Chad) Text Preferred because of my job and long hours.
    Viewing: I don't mind driving anywhere in the central Georgia area for SERIOUS buyers. Please don't waste my time.
    Payment: Cash is always the best, But i completely understand if you want to finance the car but just know in advance i WILL NOT let the car out of my possession until FULL payment is cleared, I'm sorry but there's too many scammers out there and I'm no Fool.

Note: I took a while to type this up as best i could and to All serious buyers it would be in YOUR best interest to fully read Everything. It's worth your time. Thanks.

History: I've had this car since February 2012. I got it because of my first accident was unfortunately with my 2003 Evolution and it was basically totaled. it was in great shape and ran perfect yada yada yada... but i was devastated and super eager to get another one but it had to be an SSL. So after about 3-4 months of constant searching i found this super clean 04' SSL in Florida and i don't know what it was besides the wheels that pulled me in, i just had to have it. It did have a few problems but nothing i couldn't handle over time. I bought it off of someone that really had no idea what they were doing to it, to give you an idea of what i mean... i was doing a routine tune up as i do with every new car i purchase from anywhere and i go to pull the spar plugs and i found a set of AUTOLITES in every cylinder. Besides the shotty "wax" job on the car, those were 2 good enough clues that told me how he was treating her. It was previously on 93 + Meth/H20 but i personally do not trust methanol injection systems i dont care who makes them, so the first chance i got i removed every single trace of it i could. Removed the Upper intercooler piping and replaced it with a much better fitting ETS upper IC piping that went well already with the ETS Lower intercooler piping and ETS 3.5" intercooler piping. The clutch was pretty much done when i got it, it had a Quartermaster Twin in it, Never again. Saying it suck is being too nice, i guess he was trying to make the car undrivable, almost succeeded. Honeslty i did not give up, I absolutely love Evo's and almost anything with a 4G in it (besides the 2g Talon/Eclipse, nothing against people that have them, just not my cup of tea).

Since owning her: I've replaced the intercooler piping (upper), took the forge bob and replaced it with a Tial 44m bov, put a suitable intake on it, had the battery relocation power block nested, welded the muffler back up, used nothing but Amsoil 10w-30 Z-rod, Put her back on Ngk BPR8ES spark plugs .028 gap, replaced the tires, Retuned on strictly 93, Removed 90% of the meth system (the lines that go from the trunk where the tank was throughout the inside of the car are still there), Changed the Transmission, Transfer case, and Rear Differential fluids myself so i know they were done right with all Mitsubishi OEM Fluid, Got the sound system working right again by replacing the head unit, Replaced the faulty Hobbs fuel pressure switch for the buschur double pumper system so both pumps work properly. Of Course fully detailed her. Clay bar down to compounding.
    Last edited by killercd4g63; 07-05-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Sold.
    93' Talon TSi/1G
    00' Civic EX/EJ8 "Cilina"
    03' Evo VIII GSR/CT9A"Evonia"

04' Evo VIII SSL/CT9A "Evolynn"

Modifications, I'm not going to list what the previous owner did for his lack of care and distrust i have towards them but i will list what the owner before him did (2nd owner) since i have talked to him a few times about it and everything checks out and he did all the major modifications to it in the first place.
    Engine:
    Stock re-freshened block @70k miles
    Re-freshened/Re decked head
    New front cover only 1k miles with new belts Less than 40k miles ago.
    Shephard Stage One 5 speed transmission
    Exedy HD Twin Disc (Less than 10k miles, BUT IS SLIPPING)
    ETS T3 HTA3586R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit (Anyone who knows this turbos capability, knows that this car is safely tuned down)
    Tial 44mm Wastgate
    Tial BOV
    STM 4" Intake with Amsoil Cone Blue filter
    PTE 1000cc Injectors
    ETS LICP
    ETS 3.5 inch Intercooler
    ETS down pipe
    Buschur Double Pumper (Dual Walbro 255's)
    JMF "Drag" Intake Manifold
    Full Blown 70mm Throttle Body
    Cosworth Head gasket
    ARP L19 H11 Super Heavy Duty Headstuds
    GReddy Ti-C Full Exhaust
    Kelford 272intake/272Exhuast Camshafts (one of the meanest exhaust lopes)
    Supertech Titanium valves and springs
    Fidanza cam gears (Polished)
    Sparktech COP (NGK BPR8ES .028 gap)
    V7 Altmaps (dual maps. The 2nd map is open for tuning)
    New Oem Idle Air Control Valve (My guess is the meth corroded the last one)

Suspension/Braking:
    Tein Flex Coilovers (Hard/Soft Dampener knobs are missing, I've never got around to calling Tein for replacements but the feel like they are set on as hard as it can get, the are the stiffest coilovers i've ever rode on)
    Corner balance and racing alignment
    Hotchkiss rear sway bar
    Whiteline end links
    Dimpled 2 piece rotors
    Hawk racing pads

Interior/Exterior/Wheels:
    Slight bolster wear on the driver's side Leather seats (it's a 4 owner car, I don't weight over 160lbs on a bad day so lol)
    Extremely rare 18x8.5 +35 SouthernWays S05 15.9 LBS (Verified)
    Bridgestone Potenza RE050 AT 255/35R18 (65-70% Tread life left)
    Authentic OEM Mitsubishi JDM Rear (Painted to Match Completely [Diffuser too])
    Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Red Logo)
    16% Window Tint all around
    Vortex Generator
    R40 Neo Chrome titanium lugs
    Painted Evo VII Tail Lights. Done Professionally.
    Rexpeed CF side spats
    Pioneer DEH Series Headunt (MP3 Cds,CD/AUX/USB iPod)
    Zeitronix Wideband, with Boost, EGT (it's stuck at 200'F. I have no idea why; i just thought to mention that), AFR display
    Gizzmo shift light (Don't worry, it's disabled so i don't go into seizers. That's the first thing i got rid of)
    Custom Enclosed Alpine 10" Subwoofer

Pros: Possible one of the Cleanest bodied and possible interior 04 Evos Around without a doubt. Tremendous Turbo Kit ETS HTA3586R. Sheppard Stage One Transmission. Solid Drivetrain (T-Case and Rear Diff have Never given me one single issue. Sounds Better than most modded 4cylinders, I'm not bragging, it's just does. Handles amazing, Stock Evos are great as they are despite a bit of oversteer but this Evo is on point. I've driven it back in forth from Eatonton, Georgia to Fort Bragg/Fayetteville, N. Carolina for 7 months straight without Ever letting me down or throwing a code. It's been super reliable even with the abuse from the previous owner, but that's a 4G for you. It get's about 280 miles out of the tank, a bit more on the highway believe it or not. The Wing is not faded like most 03-05 Evos mostly because i keep the wing off and i have a fitted car cover.(Comes with it. Perfect Condition) A/C and Heat work Phenomenal. I've replaced the cabin filter with the last 6 months so no worries. Windows, Doors, Lights, Wipers all work like they should.

Cons: The Exedy Twin HD Clutch IS Slipping, I will never buy an exedy anything EVER again and i would not even recommend it to the guy that cuts in line at Walmart. I had it installed by Spec Ops Motorsports in Fayetteville, N. Carolina along with everything Else minus the tuning. They took care of her pretty much every step of the way even went out of their way to take time away from their shop cars to get to mine. Awesome guys, Military owned and Operated. But this clutch has not even had 10,000 miles on it and it began slipping. I'm talking about 10,000 daily driven 70% highway miles, Back and forth almost every weekend from Ga to Nc. No tracking, Drag strip, launching, Nothing of that sort. The hardest this car was ever pushed since I've had it was on the Dyno @ Mainstream, when it Tuned. Besides that i've never even taken my own car to 7,000 rpms. If that tells you anything. My point is, don't ever get this clutch. Next is the fuel gauge, when you fill it up it doesnt go a tad bit above the "Full mark" it actually stays a little below it, my guess is that when the guy had so and so shop in Florida install the Buschur 2x pumper they damaged the floater, so i have that problem but it's not like it goes down faster or anything like that, it just stays at the mark longer. When it gets close to empty the low fuel indicator comes on like any other car. The next one is also fuel related, You either have to hold the fuel door lever up while someone opens the fuel door or you can do like I do and put my walet under the lever and walk back to the fuel door and open it, it's inconvenient but i've grown accustom to it. I think of it as a "safety" feature haha. The next con I'd say is the window tint on the passenger side, it has a sort of gash in it? im not sure what to call it but it's not the best quality tint job, but it's Far from the worst. It is 16% all the way around so be aware of that... Besides that I honestly can't think of anything else!
    Of course because it was my daily for so long and on I-20 & I-95 a lot, it has small rock chips on the front bumper and lip but nothing ridiculous. The Passenger side has 2 small dings in it, and that because i work at a boeing contracted aerostructure company and ever since i got there people just carelessly open their doors and i happen to be parked next to the morons so...
    But as far as the paint goes it's maybe 3 years old and it's gorgeous no scratches or anything. The door jams and all except for the engine bay, which really doesnt matter because the car was originally Apex Silver so its not too bad of a difference. You wouldn't even know if i didnt tell you.
    I'm sorry about the long story but i just want to save time with any questions or concerns anyone has. I've sold a few cars online and one to a local friend and you can ask any of them that I am a Honest seller, I have nothing to hide so please ask any questions and leave any comment that you think needs to be addressed and I'll gladly answer it promptly. I really love the car, but it has never been the color i wanted (i really wanted a Blue or Red Evo again, i just couldn't find one that came to my liking) This isn't my 1st Evo so don't think I'm new to this Lol. This is my 3rd one, but my Rally Red 03 was my favorite but she's gone now.

Extras: I have bookoos of extra parts i'm INCLUDING with the my asking price that i've collected over the years of having these evos lol. Oem intake manifold, Oem Exhaust manifold, Intercooler pipes (upper and lower), Stealth black Perrin Front mount intercooler, Oem Throttle Body, New still in the box OEM Intake manifold and Exhaust manifold gaskets Professionally painted Headlights, Oem taillights, Oem oil cooler with lines etc etc. I'm not a hoarder, i was just planning on taking off this huge turbo and going back to a stock frame BBK Full and an ACT clutch and OEM intake manifold.

I have a 93 Talon now that i want to restore and I'm planning on moving down to Florida soon so i just want to focus on work and 1 car. I'll get another Evo down the road...

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please post them here so if anyone else has the same query we'll be knocking it out. Thanks for your time!!!

-C. Dixon
    Pictures:
    93' Talon TSi/1G

Exterior:

The Evo comes with this $300 Evolution "Block It" Car Cover, less than 1 year old. (Deflects dust, UV Rays, Hail, Rain and all sorts of stuff. Got it from carcoversdirect.com GREAT people to do business with.) Fits PERFECT.

93' Talon TSi/1G

Interior:

93' Talon TSi/1G

Details:

The Sticker Price is from my 03' i use to have, just things i like to keep.

Last edited by killercd4g63; 06-29-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    93' Talon TSi/1G

SALE PENDING till next weekend. That's probably the fastest i've ever seen a car get "Sold" lol
    93' Talon TSi/1G

Sold Today.
    93' Talon TSi/1G