Thread: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1439/2000

IA Member

Default 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1439/2000

1439/2000

About to be for sale again new and improved, but I gotta move on.....
    I will update ad soon

Last edited by Ga_286; 03-18-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Good luck! Looks and sounds like a very well put together car. These are fun as hell for the people unfamiliar with them. They don't run, drive, or feel like a cheap little import sedan. Very stout feeling and grounded... to the ground.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

IA Member

thanks, I know mine is the more expensive one around here for sale right now, but its heavily modified and its performance reflects this.
    glad to see you have 378/1000 wish I still had the stock trunk & hood like yours for street and had these carbon bits for when I wanted to race

Quote Originally Posted by Ga_286 View Post
    thanks, I know mine is the more expensive one around here for sale right now, but its heavily modified and its performance reflects this.
    glad to see you have 378/1000 wish I still had the stock trunk & hood like yours for street and had these carbon bits for when I wanted to race
    Definitely, man. Those bumpers alone cost an arm and a leg. I could name about 4 things from your parts list that are accountable for half of your asking price. Then finding a GVR4 in this shape in general, is a task in itself.

My hood and trunk are hail damaged pretty severely. I thought about picking up a cheap base Galant parts car to make this one a bit nicer, but I may never get around to it.

Again, good luck with your sale. The mod list is incredible and the car looks to be a very nice car.

Bump for my old car.

IA Member

See its your still avatar, that pic is actually from around the corner from where I live, what ever happened to the frontier?

Certified Gearhead

Looks awesome! GLWS
    THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING MADE THAT DID NOT HAVE A PURPOSE

Performance: QR25DE-T

See its your still avatar, that pic is actually from around the corner from where I live, what ever happened to the frontier?
    I drove it for awhile, then traded it for a K24 swapped eg hatch then sold it. I have a real RHD 00 Civic Type R now, and honestly this GVR4 and the real Evo IV I had have been my favorite cars I've ever owned. I wouldn't mind having this one back. Seems like you've fixed a lot of the bugs, and have really taken care of it.

I'm guessing this used to be owned by the dude who's username was 1439/2000 lol

IA Member

He was 3 owners ago, I worked mainly on mechanics of the car fixing wiring, rebuilding the engine, brakes, etc, I did add trim to the front projector fogs and a lip on the trunk, new single outlet muffler that doesn't rattle and sounds awesome
    New pics added of car lowered

I *may* be at Nopi on sunday if anybody wants to have a look will have a for sale sign on it....

IA Member

trade a 93 rx7?

I used to have #699/2000 in Belieze green; absolutely loved that car and wasted WAY too much of my money on it in my early twenties (big mistake!) It is on my top three coolest cars list that I've ever owned and driven. The interior is awesome in this car, sophisticated for its time by a longshot. Those motors make too much power for their own good but it looks like you have many of the supporting mods needed to handle it.

MSRP on these cars new was $30k.

I hate to keep bumping this thread but I just wanted to point out one more thing. This is heavens above in quality compared to the 1st gen DSMs even though they share the same engine and drivetrain. I had mine side by side with many 1g DSMs and it was in a different class all together.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitchface View Post
    I hate to keep bumping this thread but I just wanted to point out one more thing. This is heavens above in quality compared to the 1st gen DSMs even though they share the same engine and drivetrain. I had mine side by side with many 1g DSMs and it was in a different class all together.
    Thanks, Bitchface...man sounds weird to give someone complements while calling you Bitchface lol
    You are 100% correct these are NOT DSM's, DSM didn't build them state side these all came from japan as built cars,
    thank you all for the complements and supporting facts, making me want to keep it lol...gonna take it for another drive.......

Thanks, Bitchface...man sounds weird to give someone complements while calling you Bitchface lol
    You are 100% correct these are NOT DSM's, DSM didn't build them state side these all came from japan as built cars,
    thank you all for the complements and supporting facts, making me want to keep it lol...gonna take it for another drive.......
    Keep it! You will miss it.

was this at M.A.D ?
    ...just dont like the wheels. I want one of these so bad. But like they say, so hard to find a good one
    93' Talon TSi/1G
    00' Civic EX/EJ8 "Cilina"
    03' Evo VIII GSR/CT9A"Evonia"

04' Evo VIII SSL/CT9A "Evolynn"

IA Member

it hasn't been anywhere since I've owned it, but whats M.A.D? If you wanna buy it without the wheels, I can lower the price to compensate.
    I'll bring you 4 jack stands for free lol

it hasn't been anywhere since I've owned it, but whats M.A.D? If you wanna buy it without the wheels, I can lower the price to compensate.
    I'll bring you 4 jack stands for free lol
    M.A.D Mitsubishi Appreciation DayŠ hosted by Sportmap ECU - evoatlanta.com
    i just looked, my mistake, it was a green one.

Lol, i'm looking for one a lot more stockish.
    93' Talon TSi/1G
    00' Civic EX/EJ8 "Cilina"
    03' Evo VIII GSR/CT9A"Evonia"

04' Evo VIII SSL/CT9A "Evolynn"

IA Member

c'mon folks, I know theres a special someone who wants a cherry ride
    price is negotiable

I've always had a soft spot for this car. Wish I could afford it. Glws