Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: considering buying an FC

Quote Originally Posted by kain View Post
    so are 13b rotaries.
    o rly? Since when did any rotary equipped RX7 get 30+ mpg highway?

Mine's the red one.

1990 mazda rx7 TII

mine?

anybody that owns a rotary outta not be in it for the gas mileage cause they eat it like a v12
    95 mk3 jetta celebration edition
    -Rob-

1990 mazda rx7 TII

not if you tune it properly.

Well then I stand corrected.

Mine's the red one.

yeah im gonna try to tune it correctly for it. .....wheres the best place to learn as much as i can about these peter
    -Rob-

You own an NA. You do not have to worry about it too much unlike myself & Peter.

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Well I'll be acquiring t2 parts slowly and I'll probably buy a blown motor and rebuild it myself in my spare time till this one that's in it goes
    -Rob-

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer114 View Post
    Well I'll be acquiring t2 parts slowly and I'll probably buy a blown motor and rebuild it myself in my spare time till this one that's in it goes
    YourMS paint signature looks like shit.

That being said, my FD was pretty boring and it that was then I would imagine FC's are worse.

So why'd u even bother posting in this thread if all u were gonna do is talk shit? That's why this site blows cause all people do is bash on other peoples cars and ideas cause of assholes like you
    -Rob-

he's an OG basher... dont mind him lol

oh hes one of the IA douche bags? lmfao....anybody thats not a flamer needs to get on IDon'tAdvertiseOtherForums.com
    Last edited by quickdodge®; 07-31-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    -Rob-

Thought you guys might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMD-3...ext=1&index=11

Mine's the red one.

I watch that show all the time on BBC didn't know the rx7 was on there
    -Rob-

Hmm.

First off. Don't tell folks they should go to another site simply because you don't like what they say. That's lame. This is a web forum, it's designed for one thing.....for people to say what they want to say. Plus it's IA. You have lots of people who come here, you are bound to find people you disagree with, just as you will on Tuneratlanta. Got it? Good.

Now, on to your car. Take everything that you hear about Rotaries, divide it by half, wipe your ass with half of the half that you have left, toss it too and what you have left over will be usable information. The NA Fc will last you quite simply forever if you take the proper steps to take care of it. It's only when you start turboing them and building the crap out of them that you run into problems. I've owned numerous ones, 5 to be exact. No FC's though, just first gens and FDs. I can give you a very simple case by case on my FDs.

First FD. 132,000 miles. Original engine, turbos, wiring harness..everything. Owned by an older woman in Florida. Auto trans. I traded it in to the dealer on a BMW and it was still going strong. The harness was well into it's last leg, but all still worked well.
    Second FD. Built. Pettie Racing engine, upgraded turbos, 3rd wiring harness. I put 4 engines in that car before I said fuck it and ditched it. I just could not get it right. Had it tuned and everything. Not real sure why, but that car just didn't like motors.
    For the money I sank into it, I could have LS1'd it and been Batman.

So if you are going to build one for boost, do it at your own speed. Also find yourself a GOOD tuner. My tuner in Knoxville....not so good. That was my fault and I paid a high price to the tune of 4 motors. Don't be a failure like me.
    My advice, keep the motor in the FC, do the bolt ons and go enjoy it. Rotaries are super fun, the NA ones last and last and last. There is a huge aftermarket for them and parts are not scarce. Enjoy it.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post
    Hmm.

First off. Don't tell folks they should go to another site simply because you don't like what they say. That's lame. This is a web forum, it's designed for one thing.....for people to say what they want to say. Plus it's IA. You have lots of people who come here, you are bound to find people you disagree with, just as you will on Tuneratlanta. Got it? Good.

Now, on to your car. Take everything that you hear about Rotaries, divide it by half, wipe your ass with half of the half that you have left, toss it too and what you have left over will be usable information. The NA Fc will last you quite simply forever if you take the proper steps to take care of it. It's only when you start turboing them and building the crap out of them that you run into problems. I've owned numerous ones, 5 to be exact. No FC's though, just first gens and FDs. I can give you a very simple case by case on my FDs.

First FD. 132,000 miles. Original engine, turbos, wiring harness..everything. Owned by an older woman in Florida. Auto trans. I traded it in to the dealer on a BMW and it was still going strong. The harness was well into it's last leg, but all still worked well.
    Second FD. Built. Pettie Racing engine, upgraded turbos, 3rd wiring harness. I put 4 engines in that car before I said fuck it and ditched it. I just could not get it right. Had it tuned and everything. Not real sure why, but that car just didn't like motors.
    For the money I sank into it, I could have LS1'd it and been Batman.

So if you are going to build one for boost, do it at your own speed. Also find yourself a GOOD tuner. My tuner in Knoxville....not so good. That was my fault and I paid a high price to the tune of 4 motors. Don't be a failure like me.
    My advice, keep the motor in the FC, do the bolt ons and go enjoy it. Rotaries are super fun, the NA ones last and last and last. There is a huge aftermarket for them and parts are not scarce. Enjoy it.
    word... the internet sucks..lol

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer114 View Post
    I watch that show all the time on BBC didn't know the rx7 was on there
    Yeah but then again that episode is from 1986 lol. We weren't even alive back then.
    There's one with a Rx8 somewhere. Clarkson loved it.
    Last edited by 40th GT; 08-02-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Mine's the red one.

1990 mazda rx7 TII

first do a basic tune up. change out everything that can be changed out, and dont skimp for used parts. buy them new (especially some of the sensors like the tps and map sensors). other things like the CAS and coils and whatnot last forever.

also... make sure you run techron for a good while, and then do some de carboning of the engine. ie... take a vac line, put and extension on it, and when the car is warm, dunk the extension into a gallon of water. the engine will suck this up but try and die on you. dont worry, rotaries dont hydro lock. keep it revved up, and once the gallon of water is all used up, go ahead and do another gallon. plug it back into the sensor or wherever the line went, and let the car idle till no more smoke comes from the exhaust... and drive it around. not only will this literally scrub the shit out of the rotor faces, it gets all the old oil out from the apex seals and shit that is in the grooves.

once you are done with that... just have fun. redline the piss out of the engine every chance you get, and keep it there as much as you can. im not talking sitting in a parking lot and just letting it free rev. im talking while in motion. the rotary loves high rpms as the engine rotors only spin 1/3rd the rpm you actually see. so no worries.

ill definatley do that the car definatley seems like it can run better...u know if that TPS is for sure bad? if it can be adjusted how can i do it been looking but yet to find anything..dont think im looking in the right places on rx7club
    -Rob-

1990 mazda rx7 TII

the thing you have to do is unplug the tps, and measure the ohms across two pins. i forget which ones, but you only have three, so not many combinations. anyways, when you do get an home reading, press the tps in and see if there is a SWEEP of any sort that is somewhat solid. there are plenty of write ups on it, just pm me on rx7 club. im "sircygnus" on there. or on aim. im on all teh time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1439/2000 View Post
    YourMS paint signature looks like shit.

That being said, my FD was pretty boring and it that was then I would imagine FC's are worse.
    I might have to agree with the FD part of your statement. There was one that sat in the showroom where I work for who knows how many months. That car & everyone that came in & asked questions about it annoyed the hell out of me. I am so glad that it is finally sold & gone.

if i knew how to fix my Sig i would i had a buddy of mine do it for me
    -Rob-

first do a basic tune up. change out everything that can be changed out, and dont skimp for used parts. buy them new (especially some of the sensors like the tps and map sensors). other things like the CAS and coils and whatnot last forever.

also... make sure you run techron for a good while, and then do some de carboning of the engine. ie... take a vac line, put and extension on it, and when the car is warm, dunk the extension into a gallon of water. the engine will suck this up but try and die on you. dont worry, rotaries dont hydro lock. keep it revved up, and once the gallon of water is all used up, go ahead and do another gallon. plug it back into the sensor or wherever the line went, and let the car idle till no more smoke comes from the exhaust... and drive it around. not only will this literally scrub the shit out of the rotor faces, it gets all the old oil out from the apex seals and shit that is in the grooves.

once you are done with that... just have fun. redline the piss out of the engine every chance you get, and keep it there as much as you can. im not talking sitting in a parking lot and just letting it free rev. im talking while in motion. the rotary loves high rpms as the engine rotors only spin 1/3rd the rpm you actually see. so no worries.

wow ive never heard of that.. i may try it...lol but im kind of scared, mine runs good but im sure it would benefit from it. id hate to do more harm than good...

1990 mazda rx7 TII

Quote Originally Posted by JITB View Post
    wow ive never heard of that.. i may try it...lol but im kind of scared, mine runs good but im sure it would benefit from it. id hate to do more harm than good...
    its done all the time. the water vaporizes into steam in the combustion chamber and knocks random bits of carbon loose. it doesnt hurt the engine to injest water at all. hell... i inject 400cc of water smack bang in front of my turbos compressor wheel and that thing is soo clean you could eat off it. not to mention how clean the inside of my intercooler looks.

damn im motivated to try this
    -Rob-

1990 mazda rx7 TII

yah. or you can try seafoam. does the same thing... just with a better kick. people use seafoam all teh time and it works wonders.

its done all the time. the water vaporizes into steam in the combustion chamber and knocks random bits of carbon loose. it doesnt hurt the engine to injest water at all. hell... i inject 400cc of water smack bang in front of my turbos compressor wheel and that thing is soo clean you could eat off it. not to mention how clean the inside of my intercooler looks.
    ill take ur word for it... and give it a shot tommorrow.. i was gonna do seafoam, but just havent got around to it..

I did the water, and it did help....wasn't too dificult. Will need a second person to start it off and keep the car on and the revs up. But it wasn't too complicated.

Well I would've done it today but when I got home from my girlfriends house I walk down to my car and notice someone had been in my car..center console and glove box wide open my rAdio and battery missing wtfff
    -Rob-

I'll prob do it on my T2 this weekend. Also need to get that fuel pump rewire done.

1990 mazda rx7 TII

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted FC View Post
    I'll prob do it on my T2 this weekend. Also need to get that fuel pump rewire done.
    i figured you had it done already?

i figured you had it done already?
    Haven't had the chance with the baby being born and all. You are more than welcome to come help me get it done.......

I'm wondering if my cat is clogged, or the steam from the process heated up the cats to make them glow. But either way they need to go anyway

just wanted to say i used use sea foam and a little atf goes a long way. if you really want to get it right mmo 1/4 in the motor 3/4 in gas tank it works wonders.
    /sig

Quote Originally Posted by JITB View Post
    I'm wondering if my cat is clogged, or the steam from the process heated up the cats to make them glow. But either way they need to go anyway
    Get rid of that crap. Let that puppy exhale.

get rid of those cats!
    Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she'd be like, "Yeah, I sucked his dick. Whatever." And you'd be like, "What? We weren't talking about that."

lol i am.. dont worry

1990 mazda rx7 TII

ATF is not something i would recommend. it destroys engines.

ATF is not something i would recommend. it destroys engines.
    Hmm, I know someone that may argue that point. We just brought a S5 NA engine back to life that was seized. It sat for 2 days with ATF in it. Engine sounds pretty good.

Ummm, so what about a Meet guys?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast