Thread: Newly gotten FB, having some issues

Default Newly gotten FB, having some issues

Hey, I just picked up an 83 RX7 with the 12A. It drives, yet seems like it has an issue with power. Its got full racing beat exhaust with a Sterling Nikki carb. When I run it, ittl sometimes pop and RPM's will drop. like its been misfiring. Other times its all good, minus the lack of power.

Actually found out the hard way that BOTH the coils are sparking. And the distributor is sending spark to all the plugs. Fluids are good. I need to talk to someone who has had experience with it. I was told it had a new fuel pump. The car I know is running RICH. You can smell it a mile away. Has a hard idle, sometimes dies, but after driving it runs great. I need someone who's been around the engine bay a few times with these things. There are a bunch of plugs that are not plugged in, but have nothing they plug into. . . So I am totally lost.

So again, if anyone can help me get it runnin right one day. Ill buy you lunch haha.

-Greg

Last edited by Scionize; 05-07-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Unknown

Have you popped the spark plugs out, and checked compression?

P.S. Were you at Malibu Grand Prix a week ago Wednesday?

i will ask my bro man, hes been drifting fb for a long ass time n he's relly good workin on um

PM dolemite. He has alot of experience with Rotaries, and has a 12a powered 1976 Toyota Corona

1990 mazda rx7 TII

dont even do that shit. show up at the ogta meet and they will have it sorted for you that day.

Quote Originally Posted by kain View Post
    dont even do that shit. show up at the ogta meet and they will have it sorted for you that day.
    Yup!!!!! come on over to the next meet.

Thats cool guys. I appreciate everything. I might have to meet up with you guys sometime. Can someone direct me to a page or whatever? and I just got the car, so about the wednesday thing, Negative, not me. I was at Formula D this past saturday though. I rarely check this so if you wanna hit me up on my email, you have better luck

gsutton61 (at) gmail (dot) com

the person before you might have pulled the vacume lines off with out blocking them. you might try a tune-up. all i drive is rotary's! pm me if you need any parts

1990 mazda rx7 TII

sounds like the timing is off.