Thread: Mainstream Performance: Worst Service of my life

IA Member

Default Mainstream Performance: Worst Service of my life

Mainstream Performance: Terrible Service

I first went to mainstream as a referral from my friend. He was having a lot of work, an H2B swap. I had a replacement engine put into my car. I removed my own engine and only needed another engine dropped in. Should have done it myself.

I had my car towed there. I had it towed with the a/c and p/s tied to the side of the engine bay. In the backseat and trunk were the exhaust manifold, axles (with new oiled axle nuts), a/c bracket, p/s bracket, engine mounts and all of the other stuff. The harnesses were taped to the frame so that the engine could be lowered in, bolted up and plugged in.

My car sat for 6 weeks with no phone call. Apparently there is a waiting list. NO one told me this when my car was dropped off. I was told by a friend who had his swap done there, that this would be done within a week. Realistically this was maybe two to eight hours worth of work.

This shop actually caused me anger problems. The lack of communication and blow-offy attitude of Robert pissed me off to no end. I brought two people with me to pick my car off for fear that I was going to stab the owner.

Problems with my car when I got it back:

. did not put cotter pins in my castle nuts for the ball joints
    . did not stake the axle nuts
    . when I redlined the car after operating temperature was reached, brown smoke came out of the tailpipe. Did you leave my exhaust parts out in the rain?? They were perfectly fine when I dropped the car off, was that rust?
    . forgot the bolt that attaches the exhaust manifold bracket to the block – engine rattled at certain RPMs.
    . My distributor bolts – only one was tight, the other two were loose by a full two rotations
    . charged me 5$ for a shift linkage roll pin…but you gave me a used one I later found out
    . charged me 50 cents a piece for exhaust header bolts. Yes the receipt says $4.50 for nuts that the engine I bought had on them. The nuts used to attach the header to the cylinder head look kind of like castle nuts, but of the 9 of them, not one had the proper shape. 5 of them were generic flange nuts, two were non-flange nuts, and the other two were rusty. Did you pick these up off the shop floor?
    . bolt missing on the tranny mount – the two nuts were there but not the bolt
    .VSS was unplugged. I drove out of the shop with no working speedometer. I thought my VSS was broke when I brought it in? Turns out it wasn’t broken, you didn’t push it down to hear it click, was simply not plugged
    . CLUTCH WAS NOT BLED! Air in the line!
    The idiot opened and closed the bleeder with no hose and I got locked into 3rd gear on the way home! I almost got hit! I eventually had to makeshift bleed the clutch myself on the side of the road.
    . the axle nut was dry when I removed it later on. I pre-oiled them for you when I had the car dropped off, because I left them on the new axles that were in the back seat! Were these the new axle nuts you put on, or used ones of yours?
    . I left my a/c bracket in the car for installation. You gave me someone elses (mine had a good bushing, this one was split in three of the four places.
    . I left my a/c idler in the car. You put it together…but used someone else’s pulley…which was noisy and with a busted bearing. Mine had about 200 miles of runtime on it, as I bought it new from Honda. The one I got back from you was rusted and probably many years old.
    . and oh yeah, I was going to take adam’s old exhaust with me. You didn’t put it in the trunk like you said you would.
    . and theres even more little things

One or two problems would not merit such a review, but this is unprofessional. When I was decided which route to take, I pulled out scratch paper and started to write down and compare pricing. I was actually told “what are you budgeting?” in a mock tone. Yeah, forgive me for doing my homework and writing out a budget, I'm not a high roller who's giving every penny to you guys.

Robert:
    I was upset about my car’s delay. Upon seeing him, he had a shit-eating grin on his face and said “ya feelin better today”? I lunged at him when his back was turned but had someone hold me back. That only made him happier it seemed. NO one told me my car was going to sit for six weeks with NO phone call, I called every week and was told it’d be another day or two or….my car was next.

Robert is the biggest asshole I have ever met in my entire life. He is like an 80s/90s tv show asshole. Like you think…a guy who is THIS much of an asshole can’t possibly exist in real life. Robert, you are a fucking asshole. I hope you die in agony. I hope your family is killed in front of you. I hope your ligaments in your legs are torn out while you are awake and you are hung with them, and your sternum is cracked out of your chest and you get raped to death with it. You are an asshole and I sure hope you get what’s coming to you. I’d hope that a tornado hits your shop but that’s not fair to all of the people who you’ve treated like shit. May you die in a fire, and if you have kids, may they go sterile. I do not want your lineage to continue you filthy, disgusting cocksucker. And if this review makes you smile, and it might, then I hope that smile of yours has all its gross ass teeth fall out and tear your throat open so you die of drowning in your own blood. I’ve never known hatred before, and this man should be shot and disemboweled.

Care to defend the problems with my car? Did I not pay enough to get proper service? Sorry about my language but I felt nothing short of this horrible review would convey my anger and frustration with this hackjob company stationed in what looks like an old airplane hangar. This company ought to be reported to Clark Howard and its no question they aren't Better Business Bureau accredited.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 09-19-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: " Mainstream sucks balls " - djimon hounsou

IA Member

If anyone has wasted their time reading this post, know that this was written by James Emmino a former employee of Mainstream. This is a bogus claim with an imaginary customer. James now runs EBTec located in Powder Springs without a legitimate business license. If this post appeals to you, we suggest you have Emmino work on your vehicle. James Emmino's post is considered defamation of character and will not be tolerated.

IA Member

You guessed wrong, I'd never work in that abandoned airplane hangar, and I live more than an hour away.That lazy fatass laughed at me for wanting a bill of sale, so if you want to blast his reputation, be my guest. And if you (off of here) want to see my reciept for what they did, I still have it, so I for one am no imaginary customer. Glad to see James is getting shit though. Let me know if you hear of Robert loosing the usage of his appendages from a heart attack, I'd like to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Unfortunately bud man, I don't care to defame the mainstream name. You did that on your own. Perhaps by having such excellent customer service, or maybe by not paying your employees. Keep thinking you know what I'm doing.

Brake expert, not sure your problem with me. I didn't do anything to your car. It was Robert and his son. And this was years ago so if you had a problem with them then you should have addressed it...

Also I edited your original post so you could keep me out of being associated with this shop. So there is no confusion.

Also if you can't quite put your finger on the customer budman I believe his name is mike, a friend of Adam uglums.

If you're wondering who budman is brakexpert. That's Robert, however due to the grammar and punctuation it's probably his son/wife.
    Last edited by EmminoDaGreat; 09-10-2014 at 12:23 AM.

The EMPIRE

Sorry to the op. Why cant this just be handled amicably? Why the callout on James defaming anything? Is it because things didn't go as smoothly as you had hoped?...shit happens. Robert and Ben both know James' character and know deep down that the only thing that James and Jesse did was try to help in working weeks on end without any reciprocation for pay. Do you guys know anyone who would work themselves 5k in the hole and stay? Probably not. Some could argue that it was stupid in the first place for them to stay, and rightfully so. However, they did because they WANTED TO HELP. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Period. Did you guys argue and fight occasionally? YES. You all did. Who cares- its what happens. Has there been a bunch of shit talk since...yes. Who cares? How many times has Robert called and asked for help from James or Jesse...and either one been more than happy to help?...several Im sure. It is very apparent that there is conflict, Robert. Please just take the steps necessary to right the wrong, and try not to justify anything with the idea that keeps you paying what is rightfully theirs. They worked..they are owed regardless of what character flaws they may possess in your eyes. The department of Labor is not going to say,"Its okay not to pay them because you don't like their attitude" Trust me, been there....or even if you say they "stole" from you-that is a civil issue that is handled in a completely different venue that decides the outlying problems or justifications of why you would be owed anything from your former employees. Why cant you just see what you know is right? Pride? Screw pride. They worked for free and now they feel you are just trying to get out of paying them their earned wages through conflict. Ive liked Ben and Ive liked Robert both and absolutely have considered them friends before.. which is why I am completely baffled as to why it has went this far. Promise after broken promise. Just fix it, do what is right man and keep this non-sense off of a public forum.

And op...My cousin sold me a motor.. can you give me a bill of sale? Calling James a lazy fatass is silly. Hes a good guy to have in your corner.. he'll help you a ton if you don't act like a complete and utter over reactive douchebag. Ive seen him do it to way too many people. Would you say that to him in person? I wonder...because if you are as witty and brave in person as you are on the internet.. it seems like your life would be full of complications and conflict. Also say that shit in the presence of the wrong person.. you might find yourself choked out not knowing what the fuck happened with a big ass pop-knot on your noggin. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Seymour222; 09-10-2014 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Just Sayin.