Thread: Will i need this???

IA MEmber

Default Will i need this???

The TSI Turbo Kit Comes standard with TSI's proprietary fuel system, which includes a TSI interface block with 2 additional fuel injectors and controller unit (black box). The controller unit is adjustable, displays boost pressure, and has an integrated turbo timer. The settings are all pre-programmed to work right out of the box.

I can have this removed from the kit for $400.... I can run on stock injectors for the time being correct???

Like i said to Rob over the phone I am just trying to get the car boosted and running for Tunerfest. After tunerfest I will upgrade the Fuel Management and EMS. I also plan on running a Tuned Stock ECU until Tunerfest is over.

If i can get away without having TSIs fuel system that would be great... please let me know! thank you!!

IA MEmber

This is what the kit consist of....

Garrett GT25 turbo for the D17 kits w/ internal wastegate set to 6 PSI.
    Cast manifold that comes preassembled on Garrett turbo.
    Down pipe and gasket.
    Polished charge piping.
    High-flow intercooler.
    Stainless steel braided oil line and fittings.
    Stainless steel braided water lines for turbo cooling.
    Blow off valve.
    Comes standard with TSI's proprietary fuel system, which includes a TSI interface block with 2 additional fuel injectors and controller unit (black box). The controller unit is adjustable, displays boost pressure, and has an integrated turbo timer. The settings are all pre-programmed to work right out of the box. A good dyno tune can still yield some additional horsepower though.
    Rising rate fuel pressure regulator (not included or needed on 7th Gen Civics).
    Heat shield.
    High-performance air intake and filter.
    Oil return hose and oil pan fitting.
    All hardware, pressure lines, hoses, clamps, and couplers.
    Installation instructions & injector control settings.

I would say better safe than sorry, but its your engine
    You only live once, maybe twice if you use the e-brake!

It seems that there fuel system is just like a turbonetics kit, 2 extra injectors that come on when boost is happening. The thing you need to think about is why are you buying all that stuff to get running by tunerfest, and not run at least a somewhat bigger injector. Do you want to spend that money and possibly have issues? Stock injectors will probably make out about 170 ish if i had a guess, and that guess is based on stock fuel pumps going out at around 200.

The EMPIRE

IA MEmber

im in a vendor booth at tunerfest. im not gonna run my car. I just need something under the hood. Im gonna spend more time and money on it after the show. I just need it in and be able to drive