Thread: 2002 Desert Silver Metallic Acura RSX-S

Default TW/FS 2002 Desert Silver Metallic Acura RSX-S. Cleveland, TN 4500

Its time to finally let go of my 2002 RSX Type-S. Before getting in to all the details, note that this car will need cosmetic work. I had plans on fixing pretty much everything wrong with it and driving it till the wheels fell off, but unfortunately I have to let it go. The car will make for a fun DD or for someone looking for a project.

NOTICE: Money only NO TRADES.

Year: 2002
    Miles: 174915
    Color: Desert Silver Metallic
    VIN: PM me.
    Price: $4500 obo
    Title: Clean and in hand.
    Trans: 6spd
    Motor: K20a2

The motor is still running strong and Vtec still hitting hard. All timing components replaced at 164,000. The trans and clutch are still in great shape, how ever, on really cold mornings it does have a touch the "infamous second gear grind" but no where near as bad as all the stories you read on forums, but after the fluid gets warmed up it goes away and shifts smooth. All gears are smooth while shifting and the clutch has never given any signs of slipping.

Exterior needs work. I purchased the car this way but just never got around to fixing it as it didn't really bother me since I was just looking for a daily to get around in. Will need new front bumper, new hood, possibly new fenders (depending on if you want to try to smooth the places out yourself) and a new rear bumper mounting tab - not sure if you could purchase seperately or if you would have to purchase a whole new bumper. The pics will point out all cosmetic issues.

Interior is still in decent shape, how ever it will need a new drivers seat and a new steering wheel. Pics will show wear and tear. SRS light on (DS seat belt buckle needs to be replaced. Free replacement from Acura) CEL on for secondary o2.

Mods include: K&N SRI with K&N filter, HKS HI-power exhaust, BuddyClub N+ coilovers, Skunk2 RLCA, Energy Suspension front control arm bushings, HardRace Roll Center adjusting ball joint, Progress adjustable 24mm rear sway with Progress rear tie bar, SPC rear camber kit (front camber adjusted by coilover)

The car handles really well on normal all season tires, but when I had a set of Hankook RS-3's it was like driving a go-kart. I am negotiable on the price due to I know the car needs work, but please no low balling.

The best way to reach me is either by email: [email protected] or by text: 423-715-2587. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Last edited by IggyBcool; 02-17-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    | 02 Acura RSX Type-s DSM. Stockish |
    | 08 Kawi Green ZX10r not so stockish |

Damm.. What happened to this car?

Quote Originally Posted by strictlyjdm View Post
    Damm.. What happened to this car?
    You got me, I purchased it like this. Crazy psychotic ex girlfriend maybe???
    | 02 Acura RSX Type-s DSM. Stockish |
    | 08 Kawi Green ZX10r not so stockish |

IA Member

Will you take $3900?

I do believe that the previous owner pissed his girlfriend off somehow.