Thread: Autozone Duralast battery

IA Member

Default Autozone Duralast battery

92 GSR..
    Ok so it has been cold and my car won't start but I can get it to stat after I do 2 things.. When I jump it to another car battery it starts right away without waiting. Also another way is that I poor hot water on the battery and it would start but after a minute or so after it warms up. I took it to Autozone to get it replace but they can't/won't because it tested good in their in store machine. I still thing it's the battery. what's your thoughts? How can I get Autozone to replace it? I'm just thinking about not buying anything from autozone anymore. Thanks for your time.

i think its your connection.
    when i hear "JDM" i think about 1998 and FF SQUAD. the originators
    BABIES "R" US crew

It's all about JDM.

If you're saying the battery dies after the car is cranked and running, its possibly a bad connections somewhere but most likely you alternator. Check your alternator fuse (if it has one), and check your connections on your alternator. Check and clean the battery terminal connectors too if you can. And lastly, make sure your alternator belt has a good tension on it. Inspect your alternator belt for cranks or worn grooves. Check your battery with a volt meter hooked up, it should read roughly 12.4V and 12.7V. While the volt meter is hooked up, have a friend crank the car while you look at the volt meter. If it slowly drops that means your alternator is bad. Its not charging/maintaining your battery. NEXT, pull your alternator off and take it to the autoparts store to verify your alternator is TRULY THE CULPRIT OF THE SYMPTOM. Make sure its putting out the correct voltage and is working. If not replace the alternator.

Let us know what happens.
    I won't advertise because I'm not paying to