Thread: B20 engine into ls auto teg someone help me out!!!!!!!

Default B20 engine into ls auto teg someone help me out!!!!!!!

My car: 92 acura integra gs AUTOMATIC

New engine: b20b4 97' from awd CR-V
    Tranny: kept original ls 4 speed automatic

I dont wanna publish a book here so ill make it as simple as possible.

Ok so i bought a Da that had a garbage ls in it before. I took out the ls and bought a b20. I decided on buying a new torque converter so i trashed the old motor without any regrets (this is where i Fu**ed up i believe, since i now debate that i shouldve kept the old flexplate and t.c.) i figured id just order a new torque converter for a 92 integra and use the b20 flexplate since i didnt see how it could be a different size. (this is my first ever auto swap and its being quite a bit*h, learning new stuff every touch lol.)

Eventually, I mocked up the NEW torque converter from advance a.p and the threads were a bigger diameter then my flexplate (10 .875 to be exact). I returned the tc, went to my local junk yard where i found a ls 96 automatic teg. The torque converter from that car lined up perfectly to the b20 flexplate. So both flexplates are the same exact size, twins!! Then i installed the t.c from the 96 integra to the b20 motor only to find out the starter sits too high. Basically, the starter is higher up by about an inch or more so the starter and the teeth on the t.c dont meet at all. (original ls starter.)

I then tried to do a little research and see wth is going on. i thought maybe i got the wrong flexplate the whole time and possibly the original 92-92 flexplate may be a bigger size. so i went on ebay where i found 2 90-93 integra flexplates. Asked both sellers the diameter on each and they both told me 10 1/2, the same exact size flexplate that came on my b20.

so now im stuck. either the b20 starter has a custom low fit to it. perhaps both ebay sellers had 90-91 flexplates listed??? i dont know at this point i wanna melt the sh*t down. i dont wanna part out the car since ive invested a few hundred alone on new suspension components like tie rod ends, rack boots, shocks, new bushings, new coilovers, etc.

Please if you have any ideas on any of my concerns please help. i'd really appreciate it. god bless.
    shhh...

vtec game scArY. . !

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Where is the orignal starter, flex plate, and TC? Thats what needs to be used..