Thread: 99' Integra with B18C Swap & LS Clutch Issue

Default 99' Integra with B18C Swap & LS Clutch Issue

Okay to start out after having to drive through heavy rain my 5spd 99' Integra LS with B18C Swap earlier today my LS Tranny started giving me a problem. As soon as I started spinning on take off through 1-2 gear then normal shifting through 3,4,5....

Problem I'm Having:
    When driving normal or laying into it my clutch peddle is harder to push & a little harder to go into gear.... I'm "guessing I've got an OEM clutch or OEM replacement" because it feels like your normal clutch before this issue started today. The clutch engaging but low as crap, stiffer than before... When I go into reverse to back out of parking spot or where ever, then go to put it back into 1st gear & take off casually I get the infamous burning clutch smell for no more than like 15 seconds & it clears up. While driving casually driving or giving more throttle I get no smell what so ever & clutch does not feel like its slipping at all & I have no grinding what so ever "unless the clutch isn't pushed all the way to the floor in 1st gear!

Can this be a sign of:
    A. Bad Slave Cylinder?
    B. Bad Master Cylinder?
    C. Bad Pressure Plate/Flywheel/Clutch
    D. Air in the Clutch Line "needing re-bled?

I've never had this happen to any Honda's I've ever owned & I'm sure it seems like I'm all over the place with this issue, but its the best way I know to explain it! PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE WITH THIS ISSUE!

Did you try to adjust the pedal? Is the MC leaking into the cabin?
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    Did you try to adjust the pedal? Is the MC leaking into the cabin?
    I haven't tried adjusting the clutch pedal. Why would I need to do that when before it felt like your normal OEM clutch & never got any clutch smell until yesterday when the pedal became harder to push down & a little harder to go into gear when engaging the clutch?

I'm not sure if the Master Cylinder is leaking into the cabin, haven't really looked into that yet, but I will now that that you said to check, lol....

(I bled the clutch yesterday late afternoon after all the rain passed like bleeding brakes, pump 3-4 times, hold it to the floor & open bleeder valve) did it about 4 times but no difference.... So I ruled that out....

The clutch is grabbing great, just the peddle is hard to push in, harder than normal to go into gear & I'm getting that infamous burning clutch smell!

Could my flywheel/pressure plate be stuck causing the issues I'm having or have possibly gotten water in the clutch, flywheel area? Who ever did the swap didn't install that lower tranny cover that closes in the clutch, flywheel area near the oil pan & header.... Didn't know if that could have some to do with it & just needs to dry completely out or what....

Update:
    -Clutch Master Cylinder has a slight leak inside the car, but not dumping clutch fluid.
    -Slave Cylinder prior to engaging the Clutch has about 1/4" of play, when Clutch is engaged it does not move at all!
    -Can there be something inside the tranny that will cause the Clutch to not fully dis-engage???? To me it feels like its somewhat Stuck causing it to smell when going in Reverse then to 1st Gear....
    -Or would being low on Tranny Fluid cause the sticking I think it has???

I would check and see if your throwout bearing and fork is working correctly and freely. Sounds like something is binding up.

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN!1 Black R's Avatar

It's possible that a spring popped out of your clutch and now it's binding in the pressure plate fingers.

Do you hear any strange noises?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i woke up to the feeling of someone cutting my clothes from my pants to my bra. all in one cut