Thread: whats the best way to remove an axel?

Default whats the best way to remove an axel?

i have a 1990 2dr cb7 and when i bought it it had a 5spd axel on an automatic trans. i bought a replacement one and im having a little trouble removing it from the car. im sooooooo close but it just wont budge any more. any help is greatly appreciated.
    1990 cb7: grocery rocket

i know it's an old thread, but for people curious:

remove axle nut, drop knuckle from upper control arm ball joint, push axle through the hub, remove shock fork, maneuver axle clear of knuckle assembly, then use a prybar to pop the axle from the seat in the differential. may be stuck so use something with good leverage.

install reverse of removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

It's all about JDM.

Twist and yank it at the same damn time. You might need a pry bar too, in between the inner shaft and transmission casing.
    I won't advertise because I'm not paying to