Thread: Car won't start (SOMETIMES)

KINGZOFSOUTHTOWN

Default Car won't start (SOMETIMES)

Alright guys having a little trouble diagnosing what is wrong with my 2000 honda civic SI. sometimes or whenever i turn off my car it will start up just fine, other times I have a no crank (meaning nothing) sometimes I hear the starter Click once or twice. What I use to do when this happened was run a wire straight from the battery to the starter solenoid and it would start right up. Recently, when this happens, I try running a wire straight from the battery to the starter solenoid but I only hear the Starter Clicking, this only happens when the car doesn't want to start. The only way I start my car now is by push starting when it doesn't want to start. Any Ideas whats wrong? I went to autozone and my starter tested good, but I still think it's my starter. When the car does start, it runs fine and does not stall out.
    -hmgdrfter-

PP TRACK 350Z

Quote Originally Posted by HMGDRFTER View Post
    Alright guys having a little trouble diagnosing what is wrong with my 2000 honda civic SI. sometimes or whenever i turn off my car it will start up just fine, other times I have a no crank (meaning nothing) sometimes I hear the starter Click once or twice. What I use to do when this happened was run a wire straight from the battery to the starter solenoid and it would start right up. Recently, when this happens, I try running a wire straight from the battery to the starter solenoid but I only hear the Starter Clicking, this only happens when the car doesn't want to start. The only way I start my car now is by push starting when it doesn't want to start. Any Ideas whats wrong? I went to autozone and my starter tested good, but I still think it's my starter. When the car does start, it runs fine and does not stall out.
    Until the part where you said your starter tested fine I would have assumed that was the problem. I've run into a lot of weird little issues like this while working on my own cars. At this point... if I think it might be bad or questionable, I just replace it.

That strategy seems to save me a lot of headache these days.

KINGZOFSOUTHTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by CSquared View Post
    Until the part where you said your starter tested fine I would have assumed that was the problem. I've run into a lot of weird little issues like this while working on my own cars. At this point... if I think it might be bad or questionable, I just replace it.

That strategy seems to save me a lot of headache these days.
    Yeah thanks man, I'm thinking I should just replace the starter also, with the starter bypass technique the car should start if it doesn't then the starter should be bad IMO or that I know of, the thing that got me was that the starter tested good which confused the hell out of me, the guy at autozone told me my flywheel was stuck but I don't think that's the case at all.
    -hmgdrfter-

PP TRACK 350Z

check out your ignition switch and wiring could be the culprit. i went through a situation like yours and it turned out my ignition switch wiring were the problem.
    SoLow OutKast

92 Civic Lx Ferio - sold
    94 Civic Dx Eg- insurance totaled

93 Civic Si Eg6 - stolen/and striped(f**king thieves)
    00' Boosted Milano Red EM1- DD

KINGZOFSOUTHTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by project_EM1 View Post
    check out your ignition switch and wiring could be the culprit. i went through a situation like yours and it turned out my ignition switch wiring were the problem.
    the thing is I have power coming to the starter solenoid from my ignition, but sometimes it just wont start, and Even when I bypass the ignition giving it power straight from the battery it won't start just click once or twice.
    -hmgdrfter-

PP TRACK 350Z

the starter could test good but still be bad. my 93 eg was like that.