Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All the h22 info you need to build a beast

quick question how much is a m2b4 tranny going for right now? or better yet how muchwould you pat for one

SOUTHERN SPEED

i would advise that because the pins in the main caps can be a pain. Also the plugs for the oil pump housing can be a bitch to press in . If you dont have a tourqe wrench to put main bolts back in then you cant do it. Also you have to drill and tap one hole to put a bolt in. Before your order a kit call jj he may can just do it the way he does alot cheaper man . I gave him my sleeved block to have it checked by his machine shop as a favor because i gave him another block that he needed and he went ahead and welded all my holes up for me so it saved me 150 dollars from buying the kit. Of course i would have installed it my self but now i dont have to worry about it i saved 150 dollars thanks jj i realy appreciate . Thing is guys i didnt even ask him to do it . he just did it to show his appreciation for me giving him a clean h22 to block that he needed now thats a good guy . One that that doesnt expect something for nothing and goes out of there way return a favor to show you how much they appreciate something i wish everybody was like that . Hell i give people shit all the time then when i need something they charge full price it realy gets on my nerves.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

SOUTHERN SPEED

I have alot of stuff i would like to add to this thread but i feel like its waste of time if somebody dont sticky it. So someone talk somebody into stickying this thread and i will ad a tone of more information to help the h22 guys out.

Certified Gearhead

i will bump it up for you daily. for free. its not like this site is that busy it will stay front page anyway. come on with the info Jones. dont be holdin out. I think IM finally over this damn flu dude I will be around if you need any help with anything, sorry I aint been around.

Will the balance shaft kit work on f-series motors..

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Tune View Post
    Will the balance shaft kit work on f-series motors..
    it should. I would still ask someone else to be sure. anyone with the last name Jones should know.

what about destroking a h22a with some h23a euro r rods? this would drop the cr to around 8.75 what do you thing
    /sig

SOUTHERN SPEED

if i was going to destroke a h it would be using the f20b crank and rods . i dont realy care about reving my car to 10,000 so ill stick with bigger is better lol. I do have a good f20b crank and rods. hell I got a complete motor maybe ill play around with it and see what it would do . I would rather put a f23 crank in it and build the piss out of it though lol .

Balance shaft kit will work with f series just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    if i was going to destroke a h it would be using the f20b crank and rods . i dont realy care about reving my car to 10,000 so ill stick with bigger is better lol. I do have a good f20b crank and rods. hell I got a complete motor maybe ill play around with it and see what it would do . I would rather put a f23 crank in it and build the piss out of it though lol .

Balance shaft kit will work with f series just the same.
    a f20b would be an awesome turbo setup in a H block. bore it/sleeve it to 88mm put a set of arias pistons in it. 88x88 is almost a 2.2L if i remeber correctly. just gotta get a 55mm main block.

im a all motor guy like jones is, i would much rather put a big stroke crank in a motor and give it tons of compression.

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

H22 jones really knows his stuff so I figured I would throw my build in here to sine mike built the block... to begin with I want to say I went through 2 exospeed !tage 5 blocks and you can ask mike what they look like but I will never buy another one but now I got
    H22 crank crowe pro rods and wiseco 9:5 pistons
    Kaizen speed bal eliminator
    Un ported head and stock valves
    Crower valve springs and retainers
    And crower stg 2 cams
    Golden eagle intake mani
    Jjspec custom mani
    Precision 6765 turbo
    And a lot lot more but that internally

Notice the small cams and stock head with stock valves my setup made 520hp on wastegate and pump gas and I havnt even began to turn it up. I just had it tunned by jimmy on that so I could drive it around to put some miles on it and get the rest of the car built to handle the power. For now my goal is to make close to 700 pr more on race gas and high boost and once the car can handle that much power I'm going to get mikes dad to port me a head and do full ferra valvetrain and hant decided on foller rocker setup or going skunk2 pro 2s.... but I guess my point here is same as mikes h22 makes tons of power without a lot of work and would like to see more out there also if you ever get to check out some prodrag cars look at what a lot of them run also research and honda built the h series so they could use them in there race cars in the early 90s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also that tune was before I added liquid to air intercooler nitrious and upgrated to aeromotive pump and 1600cc injectors so I hope to push it to 750 but will be ok with 680-700 range
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOUTHERN SPEED

Im just glad your having alot of luck with this motor . I mean this guy spent the money had his motor sent some were and built right he deserved a motor that would make 800hp. i felt so bad for him after seeing how trashed his block was i made him a great deal on my dart block and my crower rods and assembled it for him to try to help him out. I cant stand for somebody to get taken advantage of . Im sure it could have just been something as simple as shavings left in the block from sleeving it but you know that company wasnt going to warrenty it so i helped as much as i could and im sure he appreciates it. i do want to make one thing clear my shop is set up for paint and body (insurance work) and general maintness if you need performance work done call jj at jj spec or mainstream performance . I love hondas and i love building them but its my hobbie not my job. I dont mind helping anybody out that i can thats just the kind of person that i am but i dont pay to advertise on here so advise is all im giving not work so please pm me about working on your car.

I appreciate it a lot I had almost 10k invested in exospeed blowing 2 blocks and mike helped me out with my third and did a great job and I know he don't do it for a living and isn't looking too advertise and prob don't want to build a lot of motors but if you get him talked into it I would trust him 100% same goes for his dad I know he don't do it for a living either but if you can get him to port you a head he really know what he's doing also and does an awesome job...

Also I want to throw in fully sleeving a h series block is a waste of money as you can ask jimmy at jjspec, dart replacement sleeves are more than enough for the h series block bc they are already closed deck. I know of ppl that have run over 40psi on replacement sleeves... there only like 300 bucks and you don't half to ship it way off and be gone for months... if you use stock blosk shell darton replacement sleeves and have the block copper oringed you can make and easy 900+hp as I've personally talked to ppl that have been doing it for years
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also for those "thinking" about a balance shaft eliminator. What's there to think about its like 15hp for 150 bucks or for you cheap asses weld up the holes in the oil pump where the bal shafts come out and have a machine shop plug the holes in the block I can even post pics of what the machine shop must do. My personal opinion is that its a must for a h series.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

140 on one wheel

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    Im just glad your having alot of luck with this motor . I mean this guy spent the money had his motor sent some were and built right he deserved a motor that would make 800hp. i felt so bad for him after seeing how trashed his block was i made him a great deal on my dart block and my crower rods and assembled it for him to try to help him out. I cant stand for somebody to get taken advantage of . Im sure it could have just been something as simple as shavings left in the block from sleeving it but you know that company wasnt going to warrenty it so i helped as much as i could and im sure he appreciates it. i do want to make one thing clear my shop is set up for paint and body (insurance work) and general maintness if you need performance work done call jj at jj spec or mainstream performance . I love hondas and i love building them but its my hobbie not my job. I dont mind helping anybody out that i can thats just the kind of person that i am but i dont pay to advertise on here so advise is all im giving not work so please pm me about working on your car.
    lol where was someone like you when my car blew on jimmy's dyno after spending 17k on the engine,drivetrian and turbo setup alone....lol my fiancee wasnt hearing any of that gotta rebuild my car shit i parted it out and lost 10k...hell that could of been a nice down payment for a house or nice bmw 5 series rsx type s or something. And people (especially these locals) wonder why i gave up and bought a bike? Hell jimmy probably spent literally 24hrs worth of time trying to tune my car with all the problems i was having.

Certified Gearhead

Why was your car so hard to tune?

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by justnprsh07 View Post
    Also for those "thinking" about a balance shaft eliminator. What's there to think about its like 15hp for 150 bucks or for you cheap asses weld up the holes in the oil pump where the bal shafts come out and have a machine shop plug the holes in the block I can even post pics of what the machine shop must do. My personal opinion is that its a must for a h series.
    or just take the belt off. i would really like to dyno before and then remove the belt then dyno again just to see. hell free hp is always good.

Southern Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Fox351 View Post
    from what i heard, it had alot of "gremlins" everytime they would fix one thing something else wanted to act up.
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

140 on one wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Fox351 View Post
    Lets see it sprung about 10 or more fuel leaks. My 4 bar map sensor wouldnt read right and jimmy couldnt figure out the calibrations for it, the omni,hondata,and speedfactory 4 bar calibrations was different. I had to buy a 5 bar aem map sensor. The boost solenoid wasnt working. Turned out my ecu wasnt pined right for it, then turned out my ecu didnt have boost control in it. I had to borrow jimmys hondata s300. Wastegate wasnt going over 11lbs had to buy a new precision one. Once we got to around 450whp (500ish on a dynojet) started having ignition problems anything after 7k. Tryed a different msd box, didnt work, tryed a new msd coil, didnt work, then had to buy another distributor. Jimmy finally was able to start tuning it then i think the return line or something was leaking and he was having to put a quart of oil in it about every 2 hours...When everything started going smooth and he was near thru with it the number 2 rod come through the block due to it have the small bolt eagle rods im guessing. The motor was bought off honda-tech and the dude made 580 on it and used it for 8k. I should have rebuilt it to be safe and etc...but i was impatient i had waited over a year to drive it and spent enough money on it as it was. It only showed 6% on the leak down so it was plenty healthy. It was just a nightmare!!! and i think we used like 10 gallons of q16 which wasnt cheap!!!

Certified Gearhead

Oh I see...bro that sucks. Well if you ever decide to get back in the car game you know what not to do I guess. I am thinking about building an H22 integra but probably gonna leave boost out of the equation. What is the difficulty involved in the swap? Is it just mounts and drop in or are there some special tricks you have to know to put it in?

Well mounts and you must cut a hole in the floor for the shifter... but that's not hard at all, and get a half shaft out of a 90-93 accord manual so you can run gsr axles"there a lot cheaper than buying swap axles" I have a half shaft and shifter assembly if you need one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by -S Double C- View Post
    I should have rebuilt it to be safe and etc...but i was impatient i had waited over a year to drive
    Sean really hit the nail on the head there... I tried to get him to drive it around and get all the bs worked out and put some miles on it but he wanted to "break it in" on the dyno. Anytime you build one to a certain extent your gonna have problems... if not its gotta be slow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So h22 jones, is it possible to get a h2b to make 300WHP AND be a reliable DD??
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

SOUTHERN SPEED

we will soon see .

Certified Gearhead

cant wait to see it.

h22jones i been tryin to pm you but your inbox is full, if you want just text or give me a call. 478-230-0919 Don

SOUTHERN SPEED

bump

Certified Gearhead TattooedFish's Avatar

I am really glad you guys bumped this. I just read all 6 pages and enjoyed all the info.

I was trying to save money before but I think I am going to shell out the extra and go with

h23 crank
    type s pistons I really like the sound of that 12.1 compression

I was talking to a fellow member about picking up a set of eagle rods will this work well with the h23 crank/type s or would I want something else?

alot of good info in here so it has been stickied

SOUTHERN SPEED

As far as i know crower are the only people that make h23 rods and there 760 dollars . I would buy arp rod bolts and stay with stock rods . Alot cheaper and do what your trying to do.

Certified Gearhead

damn not much action in here lately. hey Mike, i still need that gallon of clear dude. i got someone who is gonna hook me up with the paint job so if you can ,please get in touch with me so I can pick it up soon. like by next week. my number is 478 978 2597

SOUTHERN SPEED

Man dont come in a thread on here talking about our business which has nothing to do with this thread .

Certified Gearhead

cant get intouch with yo ass any other way. your PMs are full
    Last edited by Apex1972; 07-21-2011 at 09:57 PM.

yo mike what a safe redline for h22with types piston and f22 crank and rods?

SOUTHERN SPEED

text me numbers from the dyno and ill tell ya lol. If you have stock rods i would keep it bellow 8,500 but your not going to make power oast 8,000 rpms so doesnt matter . Nemos motor is the only one ive seen make power past 8,000 and thats because it had a h22 crank not h23 . Shift at 7,800-8,000 should give you the best times . if you wanted to try 8,200-8,300 to carry a gear out im sure that would be fine but anything higher then that is a waste of time not going to make power unless you have a hudge head and pro3s . Im still dont think with all the shit i have in my new set up the power will go past 8,200. Ill be estatic if it peaks over 8,000. Big motors normally peak lower . The good part about that is you can make alot of power and it be dependable. If you have to rev your motor to 10,000 to get power out of it odds are its not going to last long but hey they sound good lol.

Need some advice from all the H22 gurus out there...

Want a new manifold. Skunk2 or EuroR/Rosko/Blackworks?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Southern Speed

what is done to the motor? And what are the plans for it? Im partial to a ported stock one. But the Euro R seems to do good on stock motors with good bolts ons. Skunk2 will make a little more than the euro R.

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar

i gained 8HP from porting the stock and tuning ofcourse.thats also with stock TB
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
    what is done to the motor? And what are the plans for it? Im partial to a ported stock one. But the Euro R seems to do good on stock motors with good bolts ons. Skunk2 will make a little more than the euro R.
    Not much, nor do I have much plans for it. I'd like to barely crack 200. All I have now is a eBay header (plan on swapping that out soon for a hytech/rmf replica or something. Maybe a bisi), an intake, and a chipped p28. It runs incredibly smooth and quiet and that how I wanna keep it. I was planning on a skunk2 manifold/TB, but some people say the power is too high in the RPMs, and the EuroR/Rosko unit is a tad pricey for me. I'd really love to keep its daily drivability too.

I dynoed not too long ago on 3 face racing's dyno at 180/150. The graph was a little wobbly with the smoothing at 5

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Southern Speed

Header wise i would stay away from the bisi. I would just get the stock intake manifold ported and remove the iab's. If you havnt got it tuned yet i would deffinatly do that after swapping the header and intake. That should get you around where you want. Make sure your intake piping is atleast 3" and let the exhaust breathe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast