Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All the h22 info you need to build a beast

heres my graph with pump gas and e85 differents...on M2B4 transmission.

on e85 you need around 30% more fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm i think an all h22 meet in in order
    Im not allmotor, but i think this is a good idea.
    500whp of spinnin fury!!!

SOUTHERN SPEED

thats just supposed to be from going from pump to e85 ? Thats a hudge difference i find that hard to beleive but your compression should be over 12.1 with what you have or real close to it maybe thats why. So the only thing change between both pulls is the type of gas ? And was it tunned on both gases or did you just do a pull on pump gas with the e85 tune? Im not nocking it at all just wondering what the hatch would on e85 a ten horse power gain would be well above 260 that would be nice and might make a high 11 second pass that im looking for out the dd.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

SOUTHERN SPEED

What time is everybody meeting and how long does it last tomorrow night ? I have to run it by the wife to get a kitchen pass lol.

the varsity?
    tomorrow will be the last day i drive the hatch before i start the build.
    im doing. h23 rod and crank. type s pistons. flat face valves along with sk2 cams or brain c. maybe a mild port and polish. what will i be looking at power wise. i was thinking arpund 230 or so and like almost 300 spray.

ill bring my hatch up since its now running right it would be nice to see other setups
    /sig

SOUTHERN SPEED

yea the varsity and as you can see ive made 230 with stock head ,type s pistons and stage 2 cams so 230 should be easy . I would think closer to 240.

Southern Speed

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    thats just supposed to be from going from pump to e85 ? Thats a hudge difference i find that hard to beleive but your compression should be over 12.1 with what you have or real close to it maybe thats why. So the only thing change between both pulls is the type of gas ? And was it tunned on both gases or did you just do a pull on pump gas with the e85 tune? Im not nocking it at all just wondering what the hatch would on e85 a ten horse power gain would be well above 260 that would be nice and might make a high 11 second pass that im looking for out the dd.
    Mike, e85 is like 100+ octane race gas, except it burns quicker hince the %30 more fuel you need.
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

SOUTHERN SPEED

I love you but your wrong race gas burns slower sir . I know what it is joey i judt find it hard to beleive it makes ten more horse power by running it. Ive checked into it and properly tunned with the compresson we are running it should me 3-4 hp difference. Now if he tunned it e85 and just decided to do a pull with 93 then sure ten hp would be about right because the motor wouldnt be tunned for 93 octane . I talked to scottie alot about this and this is his guess also. If it did make 10 more hp and 20 more hp incertain places then 93 with both tunned id like to know because that means im wrong and i need to run some e85. Instead of it all exploiding at once to push the piston down it burns slow and is actualy driving the piston down for a longer period of time then 93 octane thats how race gas goes. Also remember 20hp for me to find is like 100 hp for your turbo car to find so thats alot off just changing fuel .Now if his compression is over 13.1 then i could see it making that much difference but i beleive he is closer to 12.1 compression.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    the varsity?
    tomorrow will be the last day i drive the hatch before i start the build.
    im doing. h23 rod and crank. type s pistons. flat face valves along with sk2 cams or brain c. maybe a mild port and polish. what will i be looking at power wise. i was thinking arpund 230 or so and like almost 300 spray.
    you should just buy my head

I have run several cams on type s valve train with no probleams for years . I do not rev my motors past 8300 because they do not make power past that. Type s cams have a tone of lift there actualy pretty aggresive cams . Ive seen 240hp on type s cams . My point is the type s valve train is realy nice stuff i wouldnt be scared to run it on any cams but stage 3 or pro 3 because of coil bind issues. On realy big strait race cams you end up with coil bind if you dont run the proper springs with the proper cams . In other words the lobes on the cam are so big that when they compress the springs the springs actualy bottom out before the lobe spins all the way over. This will eat up valve train and destroy a head . To answer your question with out over reving the motor type s valve train will work just fine with stage 2 cams ive been running them for 2 years . As for long trips on high compression motors there is no problem as long as the motor is built properly . Actualy with the stage 2 cams the primary lobe is the same as stock cams so unless your in vtec your basically running stock cams thats why we get such good gas mileage. So as for lng trips if your not in vtec your basicaly driving a stock motor with a little more tourqe from the higher compression bottom end. All that does is when we slow down to make a turn we dont even have to down shift just leave it in fifth and it doesnt even lug the motor realy alot of fun to drive . We are also running a resonator and a hudge muffler so the car is very quite untill you lay into it then has a realy nice deep sound. I normaly trailer the car to main stream to get tunned just because i love to ride in my expidition but we have drove the car there several times and dynoed it . Also how long your built motor last completely depends on how well you built it ours has around 15,000 on it right now and as far as i can see its just broke in well it keeps making more power everytime we put it on the dyno and has more vacum then it did the first time we dynoed it.
    with the not making power past 8300 are you talking about with stock cams or H22's in general? if you are speaking in general of H22's i would have to disagree with you.

nice thread . hope to see some more H22's out and about. cant wait to put mine back together once i get home. hopefully i can make IFO in atlanta and see some of these cars...

Lol I would memo but I'm broke if I sell my m2b4 tranny I'll get it. I'll be at the v tonight in the hatch. Then it will be coming apart

SOUTHERN SPEED

i was speaking of my motors that i have built and i have dyno sheets to prove were there peaked and were they fell off. I mean of course there are h22s out there making hp past 8300 just not mine. I am running alot more cubic inches then nemo was and a smaller cam . We also cut nemos head bigger for the bigger cams were we cut ours smaller for the stagge 2 cams were running . I have yet to build our race motor or even went all out with this motor its my dads dd. The car were racing right now is a bunch of stuff i have had for years in my dd that my dad started fooling with trying to see how much power he could get out of it and still keep it dependable ., Everything we have done to this motor was to make power down low in order to make it last long and be more depenable .It has over 15,000 miles on it now and a tone of track times. These cams have been in 5 different motors and still seem to amaze me everytime my dad does a little more they pump out a few more ponys. I figured they would be maxed out by now but there not. I mean were running a 2.5 inch muffler shop exaust with a resonator and muffler you cant even hear the car till he gets in it . Im sure we could take this motor to a whole new level but no need to its busting ass like it is and is very dependable. I also have a cx hatch waiting for the new build and everything but rods to build the new build so no need in messing this one up sometimes just leave well enough alone. Im also running type s springs and retainers now do i think they will hold these cams to 9,500 rpms yes i have no doubt (since ive miss shifted several times with no problems) but no need to beat our dd to death either. nemo had a hell of a motor that flowed a tone of air it realy suprised me but id rather have 20 more hp across the mid range then make hp a few rpms higher . Ill post graph if i can find it to explain what i mean .I mean our top hp number going up isnt even what has ever impressed me about our motor its that everytime we do something to it the mid range gains 20 more hp this thing pulls hard from start to finish and were not running h2b . Im sure we could cut the head bigger ,install bigger cams , open up the exaust and it might make hp at a higher rpm but we will save all that for the motor im building now. If you have a dyn of a all motor h22 dyno making power over 8300 rpm id like to see it because ibe searched and searched on honda tech and ive found one besides nemos . I drealy be interested if it has a h23 crank and bigger pistons thats alot of air to flow id like to see what head there running . The head my dad cut for my motor and nemos head is big thats why it made hp all the way to 8400 and then i think it plained off and held it ill have to find the dyno it was nice though.

Southern Speed

I love you but your wrong race gas burns slower sir . I know what it is joey i judt find it hard to beleive it makes ten more horse power by running it. Ive checked into it and properly tunned with the compresson we are running it should me 3-4 hp difference. Now if he tunned it e85 and just decided to do a pull with 93 then sure ten hp would be about right because the motor wouldnt be tunned for 93 octane . I talked to scottie alot about this and this is his guess also. If it did make 10 more hp and 20 more hp incertain places then 93 with both tunned id like to know because that means im wrong and i need to run some e85. Instead of it all exploiding at once to push the piston down it burns slow and is actualy driving the piston down for a longer period of time then 93 octane thats how race gas goes. Also remember 20hp for me to find is like 100 hp for your turbo car to find so thats alot off just changing fuel .Now if his compression is over 13.1 then i could see it making that much difference but i beleive he is closer to 12.1 compression.
    lmao, whoa didnt mean to put burns faster. Damn 5:30 was ruff this morning haha
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

thats going from tuned on pump gas then tuned on e85. i would say my compression is a lil over 11.5:1. it reads 290PSI with compression tester.... the flat valves, shaved head, and 1 layer head gasket help alot. i would like to get into 11's next time out i think i have the mph for it.

our all motor pro hatch only made 232whp on e85 b20vtec cast pistons went [email protected]..

Certified Gearhead

"I have heard you need double the injector but that cant be quit right if your running 440"
    damn Mike, there you go with that I heard shit again lol!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUTHERN SPEED

Damn man thats good id like to see what our car would make on e85 sounds like some realy good stuff.

I talked to scottie at mainstream and i couple other tunners that tune alot of cars not read some bullshit someidiot put on the internet and thought it was true like you do keary lol. Did you see how i asked a question instead of getting on here saying that you have to run double the injectore to run e85 like i know what im talking about because somebody told me something? Try that sometime keary.

yup, we tune alot of e85 cars down here. and its much cheaper than 87 octance too lol. theres no real way to tell what duty cycle for e85 on hondata. it doesnt do alternative fuel like e85 on their estimation but i can tell you you need 30% or more injectors.

i was speaking of my motors that i have built and i have dyno sheets to prove were there peaked and were they fell off. I mean of course there are h22s out there making hp past 8300 just not mine. I am running alot more cubic inches then nemo was and a smaller cam . We also cut nemos head bigger for the bigger cams were we cut ours smaller for the stagge 2 cams were running . I have yet to build our race motor or even went all out with this motor its my dads dd. The car were racing right now is a bunch of stuff i have had for years in my dd that my dad started fooling with trying to see how much power he could get out of it and still keep it dependable ., Everything we have done to this motor was to make power down low in order to make it last long and be more depenable .It has over 15,000 miles on it now and a tone of track times. These cams have been in 5 different motors and still seem to amaze me everytime my dad does a little more they pump out a few more ponys. I figured they would be maxed out by now but there not. I mean were running a 2.5 inch muffler shop exaust with a resonator and muffler you cant even hear the car till he gets in it . Im sure we could take this motor to a whole new level but no need to its busting ass like it is and is very dependable. I also have a cx hatch waiting for the new build and everything but rods to build the new build so no need in messing this one up sometimes just leave well enough alone. Im also running type s springs and retainers now do i think they will hold these cams to 9,500 rpms yes i have no doubt (since ive miss shifted several times with no problems) but no need to beat our dd to death either. nemo had a hell of a motor that flowed a tone of air it realy suprised me but id rather have 20 more hp across the mid range then make hp a few rpms higher . Ill post graph if i can find it to explain what i mean .I mean our top hp number going up isnt even what has ever impressed me about our motor its that everytime we do something to it the mid range gains 20 more hp this thing pulls hard from start to finish and were not running h2b . Im sure we could cut the head bigger ,install bigger cams , open up the exaust and it might make hp at a higher rpm but we will save all that for the motor im building now. If you have a dyn of a all motor h22 dyno making power over 8300 rpm id like to see it because ibe searched and searched on honda tech and ive found one besides nemos . I drealy be interested if it has a h23 crank and bigger pistons thats alot of air to flow id like to see what head there running . The head my dad cut for my motor and nemos head is big thats why it made hp all the way to 8400 and then i think it plained off and held it ill have to find the dyno it was nice though.
    i dont have the graph of mine as im in afghanistan right now but i shift at 9000 rpms and my motor is making power all the way to redline. granted its not a ton of power but it is still making power. my motor is fairly stock. the only aftermarket parts are blox cams and supertech springs and retainers. im also running open exhaust.

nemos motor and my motor would have been very comparable. he was making about 15 more wph than i was, but he also had pistons and a head job. Nemo and i talked about our cars at IFO Montgomery last year, i never got to see him run it as he had already started having issues with it when i met him but it sounded like a great build. I know that DarKStaR videoed a few of my runs at Montgomery, dunno if you can hear how high i am revving since he was on top of the tower but thats about the best i could do for now. Hopefully we can get together at a IFO or showdown when i get back. i would be interested to talk about getting some headwork done and seeing your guys car. i love seeing fast H's out there..... it keeps those K's on their toes!!!

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar

What is the car weigh wit u in it? I pretty sure it has more than just cams if ur running 11s

Quote Originally Posted by civicnick View Post
    i dont have the graph of mine as im in afghanistan right now but i shift at 9000 rpms and my motor is making power all the way to redline. granted its not a ton of power but it is still making power. my motor is fairly stock. the only aftermarket parts are blox cams and supertech springs and retainers. im also running open exhaust.

nemos motor and my motor would have been very comparable. he was making about 15 more wph than i was, but he also had pistons and a head job. Nemo and i talked about our cars at IFO Montgomery last year, i never got to see him run it as he had already started having issues with it when i met him but it sounded like a great build. I know that DarKStaR videoed a few of my runs at Montgomery, dunno if you can hear how high i am revving since he was on top of the tower but thats about the best i could do for now. Hopefully we can get together at a IFO or showdown when i get back. i would be interested to talk about getting some headwork done and seeing your guys car. i love seeing fast H's out there..... it keeps those K's on their toes!!!
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

he has the white 89-91 civic hatch. trapping 113mph seems right now his power and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 94ej2 View Post
    he has the white 89-91 civic hatch. trapping 113mph seems right now his power and weight.

i do have to agree with 94ej2 say power to weight equal out the ef might be even faster as is just lil more time on the track
    R.I.P Booga
    M.A.P
    F.D.L.R

SOUTHERN SPEED

ive seen the car run it runs good . He weighs nothing lol if your wondering why its so fast and evedently he has his gearing like he likes it. it takes alot more then just power to make a car run great times at the track . Number one you got to either make a tone of power or not weigh shit lol or in his case a little of both anyway car runs nice times. When you say make power to 9,0000 do you mean peak power or hold power till 9,000 because our motor doesnt drop off for awhile but it peaks under 8,000 i think . Im guessing since your reving that high your running short gearing seeing that you can stretch the gear out . im pretty sure i got my trany set up like i like it just need to get this thing together. As i stated before were running ALOT more cubic inches then nemo was and probably you are so we have aloe more air to move which makes it more diffucult to make power at higher rpms but we wil see how my motor does it should be even more cubic inches but im running bigger cams and a bigger head so we will see were it peaks at. Im taking donations for my $760.00 rods lol just pm for details on were to send the money lmao. i also should have no problem getting my car to atleast 350 pounds lighter then my dads si hatch considering it has no weight reduction at all. We need to put out motor on your h2b setup in your light as hatch that would be a beast .

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar

Yea I forgot I drive a heavy ass coupe lol

Quote Originally Posted by 94ej2 View Post
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

damn..
    this is omar
    all this h22 and h23 talk made me whip my dick out and start masturbating

the car weighed in at 2020lbs with me in it at IFO Commerce. people tell me all the time that the motor is built. i dunno what to say to those people because they already have their mind made up that i am lying.... i cant change someones mind. i have blox b's, supertech springs and retainers. i have a really good header and a tune that has been worked over for the past 3 years on the street and on the dyno. the motor thats in the car came on a pallet from a importer, cams and springs went in, motor went in the car and thats all she wrote.

peak power is around 8500 rpms. but the power curve doesnt nose over at that point, it keeps climbing although its not alot but it is still an increase. i dropped about 2-3 tenths when i changed the shift point from 8500 to 9000. im running a jdm y1 tranny so yes the gearing is short. i agree with everything you are saying, i was originally asking if you were generalizing H's or your motors specifically, and it sounds like you are mainly talking about your motors. if you wanna bolt one of your motors in my car im cool with that... lol. who wouldnt pass up the chance to try a motor in their car without putting an ass of money in it first!

i've got a new motor in the works that will hopefully turn a few heads at the track.... and hopefully put a lot of K's on edge.... unfortunately i wont be back to the states before Commerce IFO and even if i was the car wouldnt be ready, but hopefully ill be ready for Gainesville and Montgomery!

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by 98blackcivic View Post
    damn..
    this is omar
    all this h22 and h23 talk made me whip my dick out and start masturbating
    lmfao

SOUTHERN SPEED

Sounds like fun man im not a hater i love all fast cars . I care nothing about being the fastest i just like to be competitive . I also have a motor in the works that should turn a few heads also . My dads hatch weighs 2480 with me in it lol almost 500 pounds heavier . I beleive our hatch will run 11s like it sits but im sure it would on a lighter body like the one im building. I mean this motor has all the potentail in the worl and if i didnt just happen to have a clean cx body and enough shit to build another bad ass motor i would just make the si faster but hell mine as well finish this other car .

SOUTHERN SPEED

i just figured i would post up a dyno sheet from when we went from 230hp to 252 hp . We went from type s pistons to cp pistons (11.1 to 12.3 compression) and my dad port and polished the head and stock intake manifold as you can see there were realy nice gains from just that.

e85 FTMFW, cheaper than 87 too.

SOUTHERN SPEED

hmm!

anyone using the kaizenspeed BS removal kit? i plan on purchasing one but not sure how difficult it is to install.

ls2

very good info. Just picked up a 99 Ek hatch with a h22 mated to a m2b4 tranny. right now only has intake and exhaust
    2006 gto 6 spd intake/wr 12.8@108
    2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Lt stock dd for the wifey
    1994 Honda civic EX Sdn stock dd for me

SOUTHERN SPEED

i am running that balance shaft removal kit . It is not that hard to install but make sure its done right. JJ at jj spec does his own im not sure what he charges but you can ask him.
    I just sold a ek with a h22 swap in it about six months ago but it had a m2a4 trany in it yours should have lsd if it is a m2b4.

ive read that with this kit you cant run a lower timing belt cover because of it moving the crank pulley in an inch. is this true?

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by donek9 View Post
    ive read that with this kit you cant run a lower timing belt cover because of it moving the crank pulley in an inch. is this true?
    never heard that before, but what the fuck do I know. ask someone else just to be sure.

i am running that balance shaft removal kit . It is not that hard to install but make sure its done right. JJ at jj spec does his own im not sure what he charges but you can ask him.
    I just sold a ek with a h22 swap in it about six months ago but it had a m2a4 trany in it yours should have lsd if it is a m2b4.
    He did mine
    Follow us (JJspec racing) on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JJspec...876293?sk=wall

SOUTHERN SPEED

This kit comes with a spacer for wear the balance shaft gear would normaly go . So running the lower timing cover is not a problem and is on my motor. If for some reason yours did not come with a spacer just leave the balance shaft gear on th crank as a spacer but the kit comes with a spacer to use.

i havnt ordered mine yet but plan on it this week. just wanted to get some info on it first. ill probably just take everything to jjspec and let them install it. thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast