Thread: INTAKE THIS QUESTION??

Im SuCh A FuCkIn LaDy!! Tasuki_Civic's Avatar

Angry INTAKE THIS QUESTION??

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. is it better to have a metal pipe w/ intake filter or the stock plastic pipe w/ the intake filter? AND is it better to have a longer pipe or a shorter pipe if you are trying to improve on your performance?
    Last edited by Tasuki_Civic; 04-25-2005 at 11:38 AM.

hmmm...hold on, almost had it...damnit!!!

plz rewrite

i dont know who u are talking to but all u have to do it buy a intake the whole thing and a fliter and there u go just make sure to replug your MAF and yes it does replace everything all the plastic parts will be replaced hope that helps u a lil bit

try that...........................

"THAT AIN'T RIGHT"V8 OWNR silviadriftr's Avatar

The aftermarket intakes are less restrictive and overall look better than the stock plastic piece. As for performance #'s, www.injen.com lists hp upgrades and dyno charts on most all of their intakes.
    Mainstream Performance
    Home of Turbo Dave Fabrications
    2JZ TDF Built 240SX SOLD
    My RHD TDF Built SR20 FOR SALE
    record holding-473whp sr20
    stock cams and bottom end

ok so im better off getting the metal pipe with the air filter. someone told me that i could connect the air filter (that belongs with the metal pipe) to the plastic stock pipe. for some reaason i dont think that makes sense. why not just get the metal intake and the air filter that goes along with it? will it mess up my car if i only change the stock filter or should i get the metal intake and the air filter?

Drifter/Kneedragger

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    ok so im better off getting the metal pipe with the air filter. someone told me that i could connect the air filter (that belongs with the metal pipe) to the plastic stock pipe. for some reaason i dont think that makes sense. why not just get the metal intake and the air filter that goes along with it? will it mess up my car if i only change the stock filter or should i get the metal intake and the air filter?

won't make a difference in the world which way you go.

"THAT AIN'T RIGHT"V8 OWNR silviadriftr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    You probably could, but it would not give the amount of horsepower or upgrade that the full pipe would offer. It will give a little but the factory piping is designed to be restrictive.
    Mainstream Performance
    Home of Turbo Dave Fabrications
    2JZ TDF Built 240SX SOLD
    My RHD TDF Built SR20 FOR SALE
    record holding-473whp sr20
    stock cams and bottom end

the only thing restrictive about the factory one is the box that its in, a cheap easy way to get the same effect in horsepower is to cut off the bottom of the box, (make sure you dont cut after the filter) and install a K&N box filter. It will pull in a TON of air and give you great gains. Also, it has a good sound to it.