Thread: Pig Farm Turbo

IA Member

Default Pig Farm Turbo

Though the car scene may not be all that big in Athens, things such as this turbo manage to pop up from time to time. Unusually, it wasn't used on a car. This thing was used on a pig farm, in the 80's, to neutralize the smell of poo. Late to class, I cut through the woods in order to arrive on time. As I leave the woods and walk up the hill, I see this MASSIVE turbocharger attached to some tanks that are sitting on a trailer with rust and flat tires. I decided to take a few pictures of what I was seeing, and here's what I got. I'll find out more about it next week. I wonder what that turbocharger's capabilities are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -driftmier-turbo-2-jpg   -driftmier-turbo-jpg  

Turbos are the shizz lol !!
    13BRA21

Wrong section, but it might be one of those industrial cooling parts that people bought in bulk from china and sold as "electric superchargers" on ebay.

There's a vid of some of those "electric superchargers" on a car, and they eventually used a leafblower in the vid. At the end of the day, they concluded that they hurt your performance, instead of helping.

Also here's some more on it: Ebay 'Electric Superchargers': The truth...

LOL... That "turbo" is a cheap distant cousin to the "turbos" I use at work. I use "turbos" for the air strippers on every site we have a trailer on. Albeit, when I say trailer I don't mean anything what we see in this picture. "Turbos" move air... Hence they are good for a lot of things.

IA Member

Yeah, I know that turbos can be used for anything, but I was amazed at the size of this thing and the fact that I just saw it in the middle of nowhere. It was put together by one of the engineering teachers here. There is some nifty stuff around the school