Thread: **<<Need help learning about this E46 325i wagon. BMW HEADS ENTER HERE>>**

Default **<<Need help learning about this E46 325i wagon. BMW HEADS ENTER HERE>>**

So I picked up this 2001 325i touring for cheap, it's a 1 owner and the guy commuted from Las Vegas to Augusta,ga. The car had 202,000 miles on it when I bought it. Everything seriously looked like the car had just rolled off the showroom floor. Well kept is an understatement. Near flawless. Anyways, it's a 5 speed manual.

I know basically nothing about BMW's lol, I would like to know the following

How strong are these transmissions? Could I boost and add about 100hp and not worry about the gearbox breaking on the street

How strong are the rear ends and axles

If I made my own turbo kit, what is involved in getting a tune for these ECU's?

Could I run 8psi or so on stock everything else? Stock injectors, stock pump, etc...

PICS OF THE CAR

was bone stock when I got it. Threw some 19x11+22 19x9.5+22 on it and some cheap german coilovers that cost about $475 shipped with shortened sway bar links. LED tails going on soon and then I'm leaving the body alone.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0029-jpg   -img_0033-jpg   -img_0036-jpg   -img_0038-jpg   -img_0039-jpg  

1994 Nissan Skyline BNR32- Currently being built for 1000+awhp (the works)

2003 Subaru Wrx (jdm sti ext.conv)- 6.0 LSx , T56, Fast 92 TB,IM,MS4 cam,+++

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++

nice car, I like a lot about them, but the electronics scare me.
    Not sure if I'd throw boost at any motor with 200k

I recently picked this up- i love it so far.

That interiors clean.

The car has great compression...mileage doesn't really mean anything man it's all about how the car was driven and how it was maintained.

Anyways if I blow it up I'm gunna do something stupid like a 2jz swap LOL.
    1994 Nissan Skyline BNR32- Currently being built for 1000+awhp (the works)

2003 Subaru Wrx (jdm sti ext.conv)- 6.0 LSx , T56, Fast 92 TB,IM,MS4 cam,+++

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++

Unknown

E46 Transmission can handle 100+hp. The stock clutch can not. If you keep the clutch stock, just go easy on it. Stock rear end is strong too. It does not have an LSD, and it was never an option on non-M E46's.

Tuning is going to be the downfall. Nobody has truly cracked the E46 DME (BMW's version of an ECU). There are a few big shops that can tune it, but it is REALLY expansive. Most BMW owners just opt for various bolt on kits that come with a reprogrammed ECU.

There is no bolt on turbo kit for the M54B25 motor in your car. There is a bolt on kit for the M54B30 found in the E46 330's, but nothing for the smaller motor found in the 325. Your only bolt on kits for the 325 are supercharged. There are (2) centrifugal kits (I believe), and one roots supercharger kit.

Camber those wheels, and you are on to something.