Thread: BEST TRUCKS OF THE 90'S, TRUCK OWNERS HELP PLEASE

SNOOCHIE BOOCHIES

Question BEST TRUCKS OF THE 90'S, TRUCK OWNERS HELP PLEASE

I need alot of advice on this subject, I am very japanese bias on vehicles. My bias is based off japanese cars vs american cars. I am in need a truck. I will be using it for hauling things like dirt, multch, furniture, maybe ocassioanly a jet ski or a rare ocasion a boat. I wont really be going off road at all. I was looking at the toyota t100's,toyota trucks(early tacoma's), f150,ram,dakota,silverado. All the trucks seem to have a lot of miles on them which suprised me to see an american truck have 200k+ miles. Even the toyota trucks had alot of miles on them. But how reliable are these older trucks? Can toyots stand up to comparison when it comes to towing in the 90's? they were only running v6's for most of the 90's from what i can find. My price range is in about 3 to 4k. I will buy an american truck if i can find out more information on what was more reliable. Any info would be great. Thanks

A early 90's Ford f-150 with 300 inline six EFI can go as long as 300k miles when taken care of. The 300cui in those was used for many years starting in the late 60's know as a torque monster and still used in a lot of trucks today UPS big brown just for example.
    They can take a beating while giving good MPG.

Only other 90's truck i would have is a is the small 87-95 pickup with the 22r-22re engine. They are small but can give some good power with awesome reliability. My father had one beat on for may years and had over 320,000 miles on original motor and tranny.

Stay away from early Ram's, period. Yes, a Ford inline 6 will run forever if taken care of. Can't go wrong with a Chevy unless your getting a late 90's Silverado, lotta problems with the fuel pump/sender I've heard. I had a 2004 Dodge Ram I put 200,000 miles on and still drove like new, never replaced anything other than regular maintenance items and brake rotors and have a Chevy 3500 dually now with 80,000+ (got it with 32k 6 months ago) and nothing but oil changes.

But... Full size Toyota cannot be beat. My Father in-law owns a concrete company. His T100 had 485,000 miles carrying almost maximum payload capacity everyday until the differential exploded. Motor was still good but he traded it in on a new Tundra which already has 150,000 on it. Never a problem out of either aside from regular maintenance.