Thread: 94 integra smoking randomly???

Default 94 integra smoking randomly???

okay guys.. maybe im an dumbass but idk much abouit 4 bangers because i just got into them haha... i got an 94 teg ls that ive been working with and tryin to fix er up here and there. its comin but goin backwards too haha... the other day it went BOOM and started smoking really bad for a couple seconds and then randomly stopped.. then yesterday it started smoking once agian just for a minute... then stopped? idk what to do lol. it runs great tho any possibi9lites that i could look into about this stupid issue? thanks guys

Do a compression test on it see what you get and compare it to this i just googled this its the stock ls compression specs
    gen 3
    94-01 b18b1
    nominal: 199 psi
    minimum: 135 psi
    max variation: 28 psi

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

it just wants to get high sometimes, and unlike clinton it does inhale/exhale. what were you doing exactly(besides just driving) when it has happened. give some more info if you can and i'll see if i can help.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

I'm almost 99% sure you have low compression. I had a '85 Accord that did the same thing to me on the way home from work. Was running fine, loud boom, and smoked really bad. I shut the car off and cruised as far as I could to a gas station. Got out looked over some basic stuff, checked for everything... Was a good 4 to 5 miles from my house and my phone was dead. I wasn't going to walk so I started her back up. Ran fine...like nothing ever happened... Almost home it did the same thing... I just did limb it in the driveway. Next day started up fine. I put her beside the garage and found out after I did a compression test #3 cylinder was shot.
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NVM View Post
    I'm almost 99% sure you have low compression. I had a '85 Accord that did the same thing to me on the way home from work. Was running fine, loud boom, and smoked really bad. I shut the car off and cruised as far as I could to a gas station. Got out looked over some basic stuff, checked for everything... Was a good 4 to 5 miles from my house and my phone was dead. I wasn't going to walk so I started her back up. Ran fine...like nothing ever happened... Almost home it did the same thing... I just did limb it in the driveway. Next day started up fine. I put her beside the garage and found out after I did a compression test #3 cylinder was shot.
    check it like the man says!!!
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!