Thread: cams

Default cams

so im almost done building my n/a ls/vtec and need to buy some cams,i have upgraded springs and retainers, the only problem is that i dont really know what brands of cams are out there. i know about skunk2, cower, blox, itr and ctr's but i cant find any used ones and i wanna get away with paying around 300 for a set. any input on brand names and where to get them will be greatly apperciated

Thanks IA

if this is the wrong area to post pls lmk and i will fix it. Thanks

at $300 bucks you're pretty much stuck with type r/ ctr cams, with a little more cash you can get some BloX...
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

i know what i can get blox for new but im wanting to know any other quality brand names so i can broaden my choices.

other then what you have already listed, Buddy Club and Jun come to mind....
    Last edited by punkr6; 04-18-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by punkr6 View Post
    at $300 bucks you're pretty much stuck with type r/ ctr cams, with a little more cash you can get some BloX...
    hey don't DIS the CTR cams!!! cmon it's jdm pimp tyte yo. actually i have a set so i guess i'm rice a roney now!!! i paid 250 used for mine but i helped a buddy out by selling all of his parts off his recovered vehicle. they took some dumb things off the car and left a CTR swap. when doing the cams we thought about adding another $400 and swapping motors but we didn't have the time or resources. i love my CTR's, i have the stock si ecu running them though so it could be better. CTR>ITR cams, the exhaust lift is more and they breathe a little better. also don't get fooled buying some used you can pm me and i will get you pics of the edges of the cams so nobody sells you some b16 cams as typr r ones k. if you save a little longer i think the skunk stage 2 is good but i'm not sure of those either. i think there is a cam sticky at the top of this section. good luck and always ask before blowing cash.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by punkr6 View Post
    other then what you have already listed, Buddy Club and Jun come to mind....
    TODA VTEC KILLERS, spoon cams maybe, mugen. but we are talking some serious cheese here. just call luda and brian spilner and he will hook it up. lolz. PM me if you have any questions k
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

TODA Vtec killers, man those are some nice cams but rough for a daily lol..

I have CTR cams in my engine as well, I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by JGilbert312 View Post
    TODA Vtec killers, man those are some nice cams but rough for a daily lol..

I have CTR cams in my engine as well, I love them.
    agreed on both parts, i just need an obd-1 ecu and a tune. i have my fuel pressure at the minimum and i have fuel burn, how about you. as far as the cams go i love them to death it made a BIG difference when you have every other bolt on for breathing etc.

Well, my car has been hooked up to a wideband by DrCRX90 on here to run right now, but is also turbo'd. but yeah, they definately help with power adding.. I should be able to have my car running again this weekend .. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by JGilbert312 View Post
    Well, my car has been hooked up to a wideband by DrCRX90 on here to run right now, but is also turbo'd. but yeah, they definately help with power adding.. I should be able to have my car running again this weekend .. I can't wait.
    i'd love to boost mine but it requires a lot of maintaining and a supercharger would make my car pretty quick, any faster and i know i would get into trouble, that and i want my motor to last.

Quote Originally Posted by preferredduck View Post
    i'd love to boost mine but it requires a lot of maintaining and a supercharger would make my car pretty quick, any faster and i know i would get into trouble, that and i want my motor to last.
    It's nice, but I also have my wifes car now so if mine ever has to be down it can be... I don't really think about street racing too much anymore considering I lost my License 4 times and just got them back this time early February..... but every once in awhile I might do a race or something, Definately nothing like it used to be.. I had a boosted b16 with a Type R head and then it blew the rings out... decided to do something bigger..

Anyways, don't mean to start thread jacking LOL.. I'll have to send you a PM and chat some..