Thread: 2003 honda cbr 600rr new pics

josh42191

Default 2003 honda cbr 600rr new pics

update kinda wondered what the chinese lettering meaning was so asked the old owner and its a geisoku speed conversion (head work done?) <- no idea but thats their logo i guess

updated got the bike about a month ago and got about 3 k miles since then...

btw pics from my phone so their not great just thought id post.

bump,rep me and i'll rep u back

pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -side-view-jpg   -rim-decal-jpg   -angle-view-jpg   -tail-jpg  
    Last edited by josh42191; 10-27-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: chinese symbol
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

good bikes, enjoy it and be careful out there....take the msf if you havnt already. Definatly a good investment.
    13 FRS
    89 Wrangler Sahara
    91 MR2-T

josh42191

thnx man yeah took the course a little over a month ago and got almost 3k miles exp. on it so far.

reps
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

why the chinese lettering on front fairing?
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

josh42191

bought it like that, not really sure if i want to take it off or not. reps
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

i think you should, unless you are chinese, and it is something importanta to you. hell for all u know it could mean "im gay' in chinese.

anyway, its a nice bike. have fun.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

josh42191

lol thnx man
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit View Post
    why the chinese lettering on front fairing?
    x2

and i would get a black windscreen, but i dnt even have a bike so who am i to talk

nice bike none the less

josh42191

thnx man reps 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by JDMGRNAV6 View Post
    x2

and i would get a black windscreen, but i dnt even have a bike so who am i to talk

nice bike none the less
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Certified Gearhead

Nice bike congrats. Sadly I'll be selling mine in the near future.

09 CTS - takin out the ladies
    08 Jeep Grand Cherokee - daily driver
    05 CBR1000RR Repsol - panty dropper

Nice bike man!
    RIP Val, Your "lil negro" will miss you

nice bike bro me likes it....
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

Certified Gearhead

vic u need a new bike bro
    99 galant-motorless
    99 integra- daily driver
    99 gsxr 600-SOLD
    05 gsxr 600-SOLD
    06 gsxr 600-Juiced

Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit View Post
    i think you should, unless you are chinese, and it is something importanta to you. hell for all u know it could mean "im gay' in chinese.

anyway, its a nice bike. have fun.
    Importatlanta Owns you Casey. lol

Nice bike..the letters...eh. They match. Maybe if there were more all over.. it'd look better but then we go back to the original point, if you know what they mean or not.

-Ant.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by THATdude View Post
    vic u need a new bike bro

Man i swear i have been to the dealer like 5-6 times in the last 4 months i even went 2 weeks ago and was 100% sure i was going to pick up a new gsxr1k but backed out of it and end up buying my wife a dd because her suv takes to much gasBut now i am thinking about motorcrossing it again because its cheaper in the long run because i can't get tickets.So i think i am going to wait and buy myself a 2500hd,enclosed trailer, and then upgrade from my yfz450 to a ltz 450r are something newer we shall see when my bday rolls around next may..
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

josh42191

Quote Originally Posted by deathrex View Post
    Nice bike congrats. Sadly I'll be selling mine in the near future.

nice bike too man, why are you selling? hows the repsol handle? thinking about getting another cbr by summer time and selling this one to my bro.

how much are you going to let yours go for?
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Bike looks great. that's the exhaust i was going to buy for mine. Wish someone would buy mine, btw! Haha.

Bump
    D16 + Turbo = The Replacement for Displacemnt

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by josh42191 View Post
    nice bike too man, why are you selling? hows the repsol handle? thinking about getting another cbr by summer time and selling this one to my bro.

how much are you going to let yours go for?
    lookin to get $7500. im selling it to buy an airplane lol. it handels like a dream honestly my favorite bike ive ever owned. ill be getting another one just right now priorties have changed and buisness wise a plane would be better off than another toy sitting arround.

Certified Gearhead

makes me wish i still had my 600rr....nice bike btw.

josh42191

cool, yeah its a really nice bike man.

btw dont know if you know this already but check this site great deals
    www.motorcycle-superstore.com/
    on bike gear that is

lol ur on ur own on the plane attire.

lookin to get $7500. im selling it to buy an airplane lol. it handels like a dream honestly my favorite bike ive ever owned. ill be getting another one just right now priorties have changed and buisness wise a plane would be better off than another toy sitting arround.
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

josh42191

Quote Originally Posted by 600 Double R View Post
    makes me wish i still had my 600rr....nice bike btw.

thnx man
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Certified Gearhead

cool, yeah its a really nice bike man.

btw dont know if you know this already but check this site great deals
    www.motorcycle-superstore.com/
    on bike gear that is

lol ur on ur own on the plane attire.

I dont understand lol? Im a commercial pilot and a flight instructor so as far as it goes buisness wise, yeah a cheap 30-40k plane would be a better buisness move than having a bike that just sits there all winter not making me money. I kinda want to pick up an 09 repsol, but who knows what else ill be looking for this coming spring. Maybe a Ducati 1098.

josh42191

my bad lol bad joke i guess,

and yeah plane would deff. be a better business choice.

So how was the repsol? thinking about upgrading after the winter maybe sooner.
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Certified Gearhead

its the same set up as any cbr1000 just a different paint scheme. ive owned many liter bikes and its always between the cbr and the gsxr. gsxr has the lighter weight alot easier to sling arround but the cbr has always been an amazing bike a little on the heavy side but it handels like a dream. the r1's for me i dont like the set up on the handel bars for some reason just feels too tucked in for my taste. but there very reliable bikes. its basically find a bike that you think would fit you best. if you can test ride a few and make a decision from there. its different for everyone.

josh42191

cool, yeah I just started out on a 03 cbr 600rr and I've been riding that for about 2 months now. maybe 4 more months should be enough for a litter bike pretty confident on the 600 now. which would you say is more comfortable the gsxr or the cbr? any difference in moving up from a 600 to a 1000 besides the slight weight change and more power?
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

bump for a very nice CBR!!!!

its the same set up as any cbr1000 just a different paint scheme. ive owned many liter bikes and its always between the cbr and the gsxr. gsxr has the lighter weight alot easier to sling arround but the cbr has always been an amazing bike a little on the heavy side but it handels like a dream. the r1's for me i dont like the set up on the handel bars for some reason just feels too tucked in for my taste. but there very reliable bikes. its basically find a bike that you think would fit you best. if you can test ride a few and make a decision from there. its different for everyone.

Hey wheres the flight school at? Im seriously considering getting my pilots license.
    I got dinner to goto.

Certified Gearhead

cool, yeah I just started out on a 03 cbr 600rr and I've been riding that for about 2 months now. maybe 4 more months should be enough for a litter bike pretty confident on the 600 now. which would you say is more comfortable the gsxr or the cbr? any difference in moving up from a 600 to a 1000 besides the slight weight change and more power?
    not much weight change and a hell of alot more power. the new gsxr1000's are the lightest bikes out. the gsxr is really comfortable especially the new ones. i think they might be more comfortable than the cbrs. but i like the weight on the cbr it dosent sling arround like the gsxr will. it really depends on what kind of riding that youre doing. stunting id love a gsxr just light and easy to move arround on. the cbr i use for mountain rides and track days and i can still stunt it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosx© View Post
    Hey wheres the flight school at? Im seriously considering getting my pilots license.
    there are lots of flight schools all arround. Id reccomend Atp out of lawrencville or fulton county. they get you done fast and for the best price. with alot more hours than any other flight school will. google airline transport professionals and youll get all the info from their websight. i went there when i was living in LA and got all my ratings with them they have locations throughout the usa aswell. feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

josh42191

[QUOTE=deathrex;38472538]not much weight change and a hell of alot more power. the new gsxr1000's are the lightest bikes out. the gsxr is really comfortable especially the new ones. i think they might be more comfortable than the cbrs. but i like the weight on the cbr it dosent sling arround like the gsxr will. it really depends on what kind of riding that youre doing. stunting id love a gsxr just light and easy to move arround on. the cbr i use for mountain rides and track days and i can still stunt it.

I'd really like to get a new gsxr1k but with insurance and everything i'd rather look into getting a ducati sport bike and call it a day. plus with insurance, tickets, ect. a new bike wouldnt be the best choice.

you ever go to any bike meets? how experienced do you need to be to do mountain runs? if you need any1 to ride with i'll tag when I move up to liter bike
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Certified Gearhead

[quote=josh42191;38474544]
    not much weight change and a hell of alot more power. the new gsxr1000's are the lightest bikes out. the gsxr is really comfortable especially the new ones. i think they might be more comfortable than the cbrs. but i like the weight on the cbr it dosent sling arround like the gsxr will. it really depends on what kind of riding that youre doing. stunting id love a gsxr just light and easy to move arround on. the cbr i use for mountain rides and track days and i can still stunt it.

I'd really like to get a new gsxr1k but with insurance and everything i'd rather look into getting a ducati sport bike and call it a day. plus with insurance, tickets, ect. a new bike wouldnt be the best choice.

you ever go to any bike meets? how experienced do you need to be to do mountain runs? if you need any1 to ride with i'll tag when I move up to liter bike
    the bike nights ive been too are arround lawrenceville are pretty much done for the season. Hooters few random other spots arround here. I ride down to the vortex every so often for a bike night but be wary of sketchy people. Heard of a few people ride down then they think someones fallowing them home and sure enough their bikes gone when they wake up. And as far as insurance goes im only paying $27 a month for full coverage through progressive. Theve been the cheapest ive found besides state farm but they wont insure me because of an at fault accident last year. With insurance its all about how long youve been riding and experience and if the tickets were moving violations they should be off youre record in 2 years, assuming their not dui's. So if its been more than 2 years go to the dmv and get a driving record if its clean submit it to your insurance also riders safety courses will help drop on insurance rates.

As far as mountain rides go ride within your abilities. Ive seen guys go up there with minimal experience and do very well. Ive also seen guys that have lots of experience push too far and hurt themselves. Ive seen post for mountain rides on here, get with people and let them know youre a newer rider and want to tag along most of the guys will be very understanding and tell you little tricks and tips and take it slow on a cruise. But definately when you first go up to say blood mountain or any other place like that just take a few trips up there and just cruise it get to know the feel of your bike when it starts getting real low in the turns. But dont push too hard on it. And yeah man as soon as i get the new rears in im always down for a ride even now. i like to cruise as well. so we dont have to go crazy fast or anything like that.

josh42191

[QUOTE=deathrex;38475627]

the bike nights ive been too are arround lawrenceville are pretty much done for the season. Hooters few random other spots arround here. I ride down to the vortex every so often for a bike night but be wary of sketchy people. Heard of a few people ride down then they think someones fallowing them home and sure enough their bikes gone when they wake up. And as far as insurance goes im only paying $27 a month for full coverage through progressive. Theve been the cheapest ive found besides state farm but they wont insure me because of an at fault accident last year. With insurance its all about how long youve been riding and experience and if the tickets were moving violations they should be off youre record in 2 years, assuming their not dui's. So if its been more than 2 years go to the dmv and get a driving record if its clean submit it to your insurance also riders safety courses will help drop on insurance rates.

As far as mountain rides go ride within your abilities. Ive seen guys go up there with minimal experience and do very well. Ive also seen guys that have lots of experience push too far and hurt themselves. Ive seen post for mountain rides on here, get with people and let them know youre a newer rider and want to tag along most of the guys will be very understanding and tell you little tricks and tips and take it slow on a cruise. But definately when you first go up to say blood mountain or any other place like that just take a few trips up there and just cruise it get to know the feel of your bike when it starts getting real low in the turns. But dont push too hard on it. And yeah man as soon as i get the new rears in im always down for a ride even now. i like to cruise as well. so we dont have to go crazy fast or anything like that.

cool, just send me a pm if u want to ride out. I'll check the other threads also for mountain rides. just wondering how old are you? im 18 and the insurance company said thats why my rates are so high. 960 a year with 1 ticket on my record, (about 2 tickets going 23 over, tint/sound violation) its been about a year and a half since that ticket none since then. I dont have full coverage just liability and comprehensive for theft or if its dropped. so is 960 a good rate or too much ?
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

josh42191

took a class already but it was for defensive driving for cars? not sure if its the same thing, also ive taken the motorcycle driver safety course.
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Certified Gearhead

[quote=josh42191;38477888]

cool, just send me a pm if u want to ride out. I'll check the other threads also for mountain rides. just wondering how old are you? im 18 and the insurance company said thats why my rates are so high. 960 a year with 1 ticket on my record, (about 2 tickets going 23 over, tint/sound violation) its been about a year and a half since that ticket none since then. I dont have full coverage just liability and comprehensive for theft or if its dropped. so is 960 a good rate or too much ?
    that seems real steep. im 20 goin on 21 and mines only $324 a year full coverage. ive had a few tickets for speeding one that was 36 over, and 1 accident. tint and sound are non moving violations and wont be reported to the dmv. as far as i know there on record for 2 years then there gone after that. so after 2 years id go to the dmv get my driver record and submit it to the insurance company. Also if youre in school you may be able to get a good student discount. ask for any other discounts you may qualify for.

took a class already but it was for defensive driving for cars? not sure if its the same thing, also ive taken the motorcycle driver safety course.
    its not the same thing. but they do have the motorcycle safety courses plus motorcycle riding school kinda things that help out with lowering insurance rates. i know honda riders association gets discounts on motorcycle insurance. and completing a riders training course could save up to 10-15% on insurance.

josh42191

[QUOTE=deathrex;38479523]

that seems real steep. im 20 goin on 21 and mines only $324 a year full coverage. ive had a few tickets for speeding one that was 36 over, and 1 accident. tint and sound are non moving violations and wont be reported to the dmv. as far as i know there on record for 2 years then there gone after that. so after 2 years id go to the dmv get my driver record and submit it to the insurance company. Also if youre in school you may be able to get a good student discount. ask for any other discounts you may qualify for.

its not the same thing. but they do have the motorcycle safety courses plus motorcycle riding school kinda things that help out with lowering insurance rates. i know honda riders association gets discounts on motorcycle insurance. and completing a riders training course could save up to 10-15% on insurance.

thanks man good looking out!

reps
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

josh42191

bump
    06 lexus es330
    03 honda cbr 600rr

Josh

Unknown

bump

more wood than noahs arc sirkus's Avatar

Nice bike.. have you been riding a lot lately? My insurance is around 100/mo with full coverage. I used to have an 01 CBR F4i 600 and it was only 40/mo full coverage. But I also read that the new ZX10's are the highest stolen bikes. Pretty much the older the bike is.. the cheaper the yearly prices are. I could also drop the price of it each month if I dropped uninsured motorist. But considering it only takes one person to hit me... regardless if they have insurance.. odds are they won't have it.

Well I hope things are well man.. How's the bike been?
    2014 | Hyundai Veloster | Turbo R-Spec