Thread: If you want an answer to your tech question: READ THIS

Default If you want an answer to your tech question: READ THIS

In response to the late influx of questions we have been getting that lack information I'd like to post a simple guideline that will make things MUCH easier for us to be able to help you with your problems on your cars. I have seen so many examples lately in this forum of people who do not care enough about their problems apparently that they will not even ask the question properly.

BEFORE YOU ASK YOUR QUESTION: TAKE THE 2 MINUTES TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, CHANCES ARE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.WE GET TIRED OF ANSWERING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER!!

1. What make/model of vehicle has the problem?

2. What important modifications have you done to the vehicle? Is the engine swapped? If so, with what? Does it have a turbo? If so, give us a quick rundown of the turbo kit, even if you don't think it may be the cause of the problem.

3. What engine management system do you have? Stock? Chipped ECU? Stand-alone EMS?

4. Give us a GOOD description of the problem. Just telling us that the car "acts funny" or "sputters sometimes" does NOT help us answer your question AT ALL.

5. Do you have a Check Engine Light or any other lights on the dash? We NEED to know this, ESPECIALLY for drivability issues. If you have a CEL on, what code is it? If you do not know how to check, refer to this thread HERE ----> ***The Big FAQ Thread- Honda/Acura, ECU codes, Swap Info, Wiring. READ FIRST***

6. Does the problem happen all the time, or intermittently (sometimes)?

7. What parts have you already replaced trying to fix the problem?

8. How much mechanical experience do you have? We need to know this, if you can't even change your own oil, chances are, you won't be able to understand how to implement our advice properly, and you are likely to do even more damage to your car.

9. Do NOT get mad if we tell you that it is YOUR FAULT. It happens, people make mistakes when working on cars, you aren't exempt from that. Remember, we aren;t getting paid to help you fix your problem, it is easy for us to say "We don't know, go to a mechanic."

10. PLEASE use proper spelling and grammar. It helps us understand the problem MUCH easier, and if we understand the problem we can help you with it much better.

I am tired of trying to decipher 1 sentence long tech questions, with poor grammar, terrible spelling, and no background info AT ALL. If you can't even take 10 minutes out of your time to tell us what's wrong, why should we use our resources to help you? The people who are in this forum answering questions the most, have turned wrenches for a living, and been to school. That takes a lot of time, skill, and knowledge. Respect that, and we will be happy to help you out.

Lastly, I'm tired of seeing false information spread in here. IF YOU DON'T KNOW AN ANSWER FOR CERTAIN DON'T POST. THIS IS NOT THE WHORESLOUNGE YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAD YOUR POST COUNT HERE. You are more than welcome to contribute to the thread, but don't think that your answer that you aren't even sure of should be taken as gospel.

To anyone who follows these guidelines: I will PERSONALLY research and help you find a solution to your problem, because you have taken the time to help me help you. I will be happy to PM you my number to get on the phone support if necessary, even.

To anyone who refuses to follow these guidelines: I doubt I am alone when I say DO NOT EXPECT ANY HELP FROM ANYONE KNOWLEDGEABLE.

-Identity_Crisis formerly Hondabuilder.
    Last edited by Z0_o6; 09-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Who knows?

The EMPIRE

You should probably throw in there search first, seeing as many of these questions are easily found on the internet 10x over, for instance, lowering a mustang thread.... Don't just be lazy, and post up expecting others to just do the work for ya...

The EMPIRE

Quote Originally Posted by EmminoDaGreat
    You should probably throw in there search first, seeing as many of these questions are easily found on the internet 10x over, for instance, lowering a mustang thread.... Don't just be lazy, and post up expecting others to just do the work for ya...
    Agreed... I'll add that in real quick.
    Who knows?

I vote sticky and LOCKED...
    Quote Originally Posted by PURP View Post
    A g00n... is a real life thing. It walks, talks, and shits. A goblin is a fictional character that isn't real life. It's FAKE..... like rotas, y0. Hope that helps.

Yes, if a mod could sticky this, I would be very grateful. If I were a mod, as I should be it would already be stickied.
    Who knows?

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

would you like me to sticky this if someone already has not?
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

done.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Thank you sir.
    Who knows?

welcome. in all honesty i have been trying to figure out something as far as a formal way to right stuff up but i couldnt really think of a good way. thank you sir
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Barefoot Motorsports

lol didnt even know this was here. ive been waiting to make 1 of these for the longest havent had time. good call. im going to start hot linking to this in GT to make my life a few others easier.

i will say 1 thing, that IA's search engine blows ass... just like most forums..lol

32Z TT

will 2005 maxima wheels 18'' fit on a 1992 300zx twin turbo

IA Member

i have a 91 crx si. i have a small hole in the left headlight and i need to take the headlight out to drain the water out and seal the hole. i know i have to take the bumper off and ive done that. but i get mixed responses whether or not im going to have to take the bumper support off. i know theres two bolts on the top and one on the side but i just cant see the other ones. any help please?? im tired of having one headlight

Unknown

I have a 2002 eclispe gs with the 2.4 sohc engine. I am looking to do motor swap bt I don't know which motors I can put in it. I'm really looking at an evo or gsx/gst motor. Any advice would be helpful.