Thread: Noob w/ Clutch issue

IA Member

Default Noob w/ Clutch issue

For the past couple of weeks i notice that my clutch kepts getting softer and softer to the point where it almost does not want to come up after i press it. I kept having to fill up the clutch reservoir. Now inside my car looks wet. i began thinkin the brake fluid from the clutch reservoir is leaking inside the car. i checked it out and noticed right where the clutch pedal comes up to the firewall there seem to be a very slow leak...any ideas of how to go about fixing this problem. It's such a strange place to have a leak...i'm not sure how to get started...any help will be appreciated.

When i'm done with that leak there is another on the passenger side where the tube for the ac runs out the firewall to let out the water that builds up from the ac. Its not quite making its way outside and falling short...i removed the glove box and found the culprit...

Certified Gearhead

Sound like the clutch master cylinder. That is the one from the firewall and connect to the clutch pedal. You could see it from under the hood also. It is right underneath the clutch fluid resevoir.

replace it. cant really fix a slow leak.

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN!1 Black R's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vuongy_Dong
    replace it. cant really fix a slow leak.

yep. the seal is bad on your clutch master cylinder. you can upgrade by getting an omnipower one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i woke up to the feeling of someone cutting my clothes from my pants to my bra. all in one cut

yea the seals r bad on the master. just replace it and make sure u use line wrenches when ur taking the lines off of it, u dont want to strip thoes. that would equal a bad day