Thread: what is a good starter bike?

hello

Default what is a good starter bike?

i just wanted to see what kind of bikes are out there that are recommended for starter bikes, a friend of mine said bikes that are 500 are good starter bikes instead of 600

Smart friend you got there

600's are better
    buy mine im selling it
    $1500

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

A 250 Ninja

Certified Gearhead

Smaller sport bikes with smaller engines, like 250cc engines. They're less likely to get you killed. They're still quick too. Just not above like 100 mph heh.

I'm currently looking at getting a cheap small sport bike to learn on.

hello

Quote Originally Posted by Tinton
    Smaller sport bikes with smaller engines, like 250cc engines. They're less likely to get you killed. They're still quick too. Just not above like 100 mph heh.

I'm currently looking at getting a cheap small sport bike to learn on.

ohhh thanks heh now i know

I started on the one I'm selling now. It is a 2003 R6. If you want one you won't have to upgrade from, buy mine. It's $5500 with a few mods.

Banned

600cc are for ppl that have a lil bit of expierence with like dirtbikes and stuff like dat cuz they alreadi understand the whole clutch pop and flip thing but kawasaki has a 500 but i heard the sv650 is a good starter bike cuz its a 600 but doesnt have that much power i dont kno if thas correct or not but ive ridin a 250 they are nice for a bigger but u gon be mad in like a couple months when u cant keep up with ppl and u learn how to ride u gon be like damn i should have got a better starter bike
    as heard from a guy i knew then he went a bought a katana that wasnt smart

i have a 03 sv650s. started on the naked version sv650 (1999 year). ive been riding for 2 years and iam still not sick of it. dont get a 250cc u will learn the basics of riding and then the 250 is not gonna satisfy anymore. yes, a suzuki gs500 is an awesome beginner bike but you will want more once you learn the basics. i personally think the sv is the best choice or maybe the new kawasaki ninja 650r. the ninja 650r looks super sweet though. especially the black with the red frame choice.

hello

thanks guys yall are very helpful [= puahaha now i have an idea of whats good