Thread: Honda Ruckus

Default Honda Ruckus

Am I the only one that really wants one to dick around with? Can't seem to get any friends to go in on getting one, lol.

NA/Boost I got both. Supraboy87T's Avatar

My buddy has one see the thread $3 to fill up thread. I would love to have one but they are a little on the high side. I'd rather use the cash on my two builds.

if you fall get back on 95droppedhatch's Avatar

i was actually thinking about going to buy one

Certified Gearhead TattooedFish's Avatar

I would rock one but they are a bit proud of them for what they are any time I've thought of getting one I've always had the thought of for a few more duckies I could just get another bike. Or finish my h22 swap
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...uild-with-pics <---- My H22a Swap Pm Me if you got parts

I was just looking at a couple of them 2 days ago,

Certified Gearhead

i would get one.. how much are they running for these days?

I just found one on cl for like 1500
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...uild-with-pics <---- My H22a Swap Pm Me if you got parts

Brand new they're about 2200. On CL you can find 'em for around 1000 to 1500 like Tattooed said.

I'm probably going to get one within the next couple of months. Going to keep it 49cc's tho. Not interested in the 150cc swap. Just want one for fun. Throw a fatty tire conversion on it, exhaust, big bore, etc and a few things here and there and roll up on some 650's with muh mean face on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Supraboy87T View Post
    My buddy has one see the thread $3 to fill up thread. I would love to have one but they are a little on the high side. I'd rather use the cash on my two builds.
    Yeah I saw that, heh. Seems to be the only post with someone who has one in IA.

Not to deter anyone away from IA but I saw a huge thread on them a few minutes ago on H-T.

I didn't realize they had a 150 kit for those you sir might have just changed my mind about getting one. I would guess that you could possibly pick one up cheaper at the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedFish View Post
    Not to deter anyone away from IA but I saw a huge thread on them a few minutes ago on H-T.

I didn't realize they had a 150 kit for those you sir might have just changed my mind about getting one. I would guess that you could possibly pick one up cheaper at the end of summer.
    Yeah man. They swap them with the Metropolitan (Never mind that, it's not the in metro- thanks Allout) Gy6 150cc. There's a place around here called Monster Gy6 that does them (And sells them) for a decent price, but if you get the kit it's not hard to do yourself.

But yeah I'm waiting 'til the end of summer to get myself one. I'm really busy with my Z at the moment anyway.
    Last edited by Z32James; 06-05-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited for stupidity :P

I'd rock the shit out of one.
    but when I started plugging numbers, I realized that it would be way more expensive to get one than to just be happy with the 36+mpg Im getting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Z32James View Post
    Brand new they're about 2200. On CL you can find 'em for around 1000 to 1500 like Tattooed said.

I'm probably going to get one within the next couple of months. Going to keep it 49cc's tho. Not interested in the 150cc swap. Just want one for fun. Throw a fatty tire conversion on it, exhaust, big bore, etc and a few things here and there and roll up on some 650's with muh mean face on lol.
    big bore would mean no longer being 49cc's would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Z32James View Post
    Yeah man. They swap them with the Metropolitan Gy6 150cc. There's a place around here called Monster Gy6 that does them (And sells them) for a decent price, but if you get the kit it's not hard to do yourself.

But yeah I'm waiting 'til the end of summer to get myself one. I'm really busy with my Z at the moment anyway.
    metropolitans are a 49cc scooter as well
    gy6's come in almost every chinese/korean made 150cc or 125cc scooter

Gah, big carb kit is what I meant.

And I didn't know that about the gy6. I have been misinformed about the swaps :3

Sorta don't want to do it since I'd have to register/insure the thing. Plus all the ridiculous upgrades do run high as you mentioned.

Having a 100 mpg toy would be sweet tho considering my daily driver is a Land Cruiser >_<!! and the Z ain't much better since it drinks premium.

It would be fun if I could get about 5 or more people to go on weekly rides or something. im not going to look like a tool by myself lol

Cobalt Powaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah I put a gy6 on mine a little while ago I mean it's not the prettiest right now but it's fun as shit. Monster gy6 is a good company but they charge kind of a lot. I did the swap myself in like 2 hours and saved like $500. About the insured thing I haven't really been messed with by cops too much since the swap. I bought mine for a $1000 and have put maybe another $600 in it so $1600 and it's a lot faster then stock. You say you'll keep it stock just wait until you drive the 50cc lol.

GE8 RS

anyone else rockin these? im havin trouble finding other ruck owners. i just moved hea from New Orleans where the scooter scene is big so im hopin to find a few kool peeps to terrorize the streets with on rucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspec5 View Post
    anyone else rockin these? im havin trouble finding other ruck owners. i just moved hea from New Orleans where the scooter scene is big so im hopin to find a few kool peeps to terrorize the streets with on rucks.
    scooter scene? LOL

Certified Gearhead

suprisingly there is a huge scooter scene in downtown atlanta. no joke saw 30 dudes on them off of ponce at a gas station one night. and even if you do the 150cc conversion you dont have to register it the title and frame vin stamp states 49cc and the insurance on these things are like 7 dollars a month lol.

09 CTS - takin out the ladies
    08 Jeep Grand Cherokee - daily driver
    05 CBR1000RR Repsol - panty dropper

Quote Originally Posted by deathrex View Post
    suprisingly there is a huge scooter scene in downtown atlanta. no joke saw 30 dudes on them off of ponce at a gas station one night. and even if you do the 150cc conversion you dont have to register it the title and frame vin stamp states 49cc and the insurance on these things are like 7 dollars a month lol.
    I worked in midtown for about a year.And yes there is a large scooter community around cabbagetown area.Always loved seeing Vespas not alot of people buy those .

Side note to OP my friend just bought one himself,Already order recaro seat for it.I have a bike but I'm looking to get one myself as well.Always enjoyed riding scooters in Florida.Relaxing just crusing around on them .The scooter scene does exist lol.Found that out when I worked in midtown.Guy had a Aprilia SR50 love those scooter but tooooooo expensive for what I'm using it for.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol

If you're still looking for one my friend's shop has a Ruckus that has been sitting there for a while. I think they were asking $700 for it.

every time i look at a ruckus i want one ... there are two guys in my neighborhood with them.

ruckus 150 cc gy6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ruk-jpg  
    NO ADVERTISING

-IA MANAGEMENT

I have a 2011 that I dd. It will be a year old next month and I have 4250 miles and rising. Just picked up new tires yesterday. Can't wait to do a motor swap on it. But the 50 is ok till I have the funds.

__DailyGrind

i got a 04. about to put a gy6 swap in it. waiting for my composimo mount

Custom 03 Honda ruckus
    Im workng in columbia at the moment and this belongs to a friend of a friend.

lost 3'' in 3 hrs!!! 1moreaccord's Avatar

IA Member

I'd be pissed if some one did this to me especially since I'm considering getting one of these. Why did dude just stay behind them though? lol
    Just Jeanuis

GE8 RS

Thats exactly why i ride with my glock. That shit would have ended real quik.

Banned

ij he rides around with no helmet like He thinks he's cool shit he deserved it