Need an excuse to see the country this summer? The AKA Rally www.AKARally.com is a cross country rally which began in 2004. (As seen on MTV's True Life - I'm Rally to L.A.)

This year they plan to take 100 cars from Las Vegas to Washington, D.C. June 27 - July 3. This year's rally will hit Albuquerque, Denver, St. Louis, Indianapolis (for the Indy 500) and you will end up in D.C. in time to celebrate the fourth of July.

The events cost $3,000 for two people which includes hotels, breakfast, dinner and parties and special events. The only requirements for the car is that it is street legal and insured.

To answer all of the questions, this is the same type of race as the Cannonball Run and the Gumball 3000 at a more affordable rate. I have gone for the past two years and had an absolute blast!

That is only $1500 per person or $215 per day which also works out to be $8.95 per hour. What better way can you spend your money this summer?

I have no financial stake in this rally yadda...yadda...yadda and remember you do not have to have a super fancy car to participate.