Thread: Paul Walker and Roger Rodas Memorial Cruise 12/8/13

Default Paul Walker and Roger Rodas Memorial Cruise 12/8/13

From my DropGearz Page (edited):

Usually when an actor dies, I personally may say "that's sad" or "sorry to hear that", "hope his/her family is ok" and it doesn't affect me. In this case however, Paul Walker was an icon to the car community. Whether you liked The Fast and The Furious movies or not you knew who "Brian O'Conner" was, you knew what he did as an actor and as an actual gearhead for the community and whenever he wasn't in a car movie, you didn't like it too much. I'm not saying that he started the "scene", and if you think that, that is the furthest thing from the truth.

For most of the current car scene, Paul Walker and The Fast and The Furious crew started your love interest. For those of us who were already involved or grew up in the community (such as myself), it merely fortified and stayed the love interest we already had. For Those who don't understand why he was such an "icon", allow me to explain. Every so often someone comes along into an industry who doesn't exactly "fit in". Examples? James Dean, Steve McQueen, and so on, guys who were in hollywood and were actual gear heads. Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas were gear heads through and through, racing drivers, and so on. The music world lost their biggest icon years ago, Michael Jackson, we just lost ours, Paul Walker.

He and Rodas were genuine car guys, the definition of enthusiast. They were deeply invested in the automotive world and both lived on the edge. Their shop "Always Evolving" (Paul was a financial backer and partial owner) was a depiction of who they were as people. Now during the filming of Fast 7, Paul has passed while visiting his home for a charity event. May God be with his family and friends, especially his daughter. May God be with Roger's family as well.

RIP Paul Walker
    RIP Roger Rodas
    #TeamPW #TeamRR

P.S. Those of you were saying "F*** Roger, he crashed the car" "I'm not saying RIP because he killed Paul"....Its hard to read that and be able to respect you as a person. When it comes down to it, accidents happen, before you jumped to your conclusions, you should have thought about this simple fact....you weren't there. You don't know exactly what occurred. Read the police accident reports and see how you feel then. Keep in mind that the Porsche Carrera GT is a very vicious vehicle that takes no prisoners.

great pics. Great turnout. Witnessed a truck in the crowd slam into the wall under a bridge...
    Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she'd be like, "Yeah, I sucked his dick. Whatever." And you'd be like, "What? We weren't talking about that."

dc5

Props to somebody that put on a "FREE" cruise/meet for the cause and scene vs somebody charging money for it....