Thread: KMS Driver Appreciation Day, AMS May 13th

Certified Gearhead

Default KMS Driver Appreciation Day, AMS May 13th

:::::UPDATE::::::: All Registered Drivers at KMS Drift May 13th event at AMS, will get a few laps on the oval track at the end of the event!!! For registered drivers only.4/8/12

• Free KMS Appreciation Day to all at Atlanta Motor Speedway May 13th 2012
      FREE Drifting, Car Show, Car Meet and SPL Sound Off May 13th 2012
      Read more below

In an effort to expand our public perception and reach, KMS Drift would like to invite you to our free drivers appreciation drift, car show and sound off event on May 13, 2012 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. This event is dedicated to the loyal car enthusiasts that support this motorsport. The goal is to provide a high impact and entertaining place for action motorsports fans to get involved with the exciting and growing sport of Drifting from the grassroots level up. Our commitment to developing long standing relationships with our fan base is unwavering and we plan on delivering exceptional events for you.

Capping at 60 drifters.

http://www.facebook.com/events/302384876479308/

KMS @ AMS Georgia Drift, SPL, Car Show Championship
      No WayZ but Side WayZ Tour Championship $5000.00+ Cash
      Calling All Imports, Sport Compacts, Mini Trucks, Classic, Street Rods, Muscle Cars, Trucks & Bikes for the KMS Drift Tour In Georgia

Pre-Register and Pay online for 15.00 per person!!

May 13th 2012 (Driver Appreciation Day by KMS)
      $20.00/$15.00 ($5.00 off with coupon printed from site or on flyer)
      60 Driver Cap

1500 Tara Place
      Hampton, GA 30228
      Will Have:
      AWD Dyno Horse Power Wars, KMS Kutie Contest, Food, Vendors, Wing Eating Contest
      Bands, DJ, Car Show, Car Meet, Sound Off & Glow Off, Swap Meet and Much More

General Admission $20.00/$15.00 ($5.00 off with coupon printed from site or on flyer)

Car Show $20.00/$15.00 ($5.00 off with coupon printed from site or on flyer) Limited awards just Best Of's (Honda, Nissan, Toyota etc)

Car Meet $20.00/$15.00 ($5.00 off with coupon printed from site or on flyer)

Drifting $20.00/$15.00 ($5.00 off with coupon printed from site or on flyer)

$20.00/$15.00 ($5.00 off with coupon printed from site or on flyer)

Sponsors:
      Koss MotorSports, KMS Drift, Hooters, Dyno On The Go, Rockauto
      PAS Mag (Performance Auto and Sound), Car Show Nationals
      more info www.kossmotorsports.com
      Steve 803-320-3193
      always check out web site to make sure the event was not changed or canceled
      Series Info: http://www.kossmotorsports.com/KMS_D...p_Series-2.pdf
      Series Schedule: http://www.kossmotorsports.com/2012_Series_Schedule.pdf
      Registration Link http://www.kossmotorsports.com/driftregistration.html
      https://www.facebook.com/events/302384876479308/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -526564_317471988316172_100001601209107_820170_809357688_n-jpg   -306059_371818356182187_100000620763868_1143189_1985463593_n-jpg  
    Last edited by Endless3763; 04-08-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: update
    I was told one's Passion is Endless...

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Kind of confusing. Is it free or is it $20/$15? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    So I'm not the only person confused.

Sent from my Samsung Admire Using Tapatalk

x3 lost me completely

Meh.

It's also the same price for general admission/car show/car meet. What's the difference in the 3?

free??? or not

I asked them on facebook and this is the reply i got:

"It states "FREE Drifting, Car Show, Car Meet and SPL Sound Off" The event fee to enter into the gates is $20.00/$15(w/flyer). Once inside there are no additional fee's with the exception of ride-a-longs. Msg me if you have any other questions regarding the event, We understand not many events have ever been ran like this if not any so there is bound to be some confusion."

Sooo im guessing everybody pays the $20 at the door.

All that is going to do is get a bunch of crappy DD's entered in the car show, as it is the same price to drive in, as opposed to walking in through the gates. Instead of 60 good drifters, half of them will be kids trying it for the first time in their FWD. Cars with stock stereos with a couple of 10's will be competing in the soundoff.
    All this does is trade quality for quantity. Anyone that has held car shows before, or has even been to them over 10 years already knows this.

They clearly haven't been around in the scene long if they believe, "We understand not many events have ever been ran like this...". NOPI was run at AMS this same way for years - It cost at NOPI about the same to drive in a DD with 2 people, as to park outside, and buy tickets for 2 people. People would "enter" their stock cars all the time to be able to bring in their own coolers/beer. I know someone who got 2nd place there with a stock car, and 3rd with a stock stock - neither of which were show vehicles, and were just to bring in drinks. This is even worse planning - at least you needed 2 people per car at NOPI for it to be worth it. This even t makes it look like everyoen should just drive in - there is no reason to park outside for even a single person.
    Last edited by David88vert; 02-23-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by EG_Ryder View Post
    I asked them on facebook and this is the reply i got:

"It states "FREE Drifting, Car Show, Car Meet and SPL Sound Off" The event fee to enter into the gates is $20.00/$15(w/flyer). Once inside there are no additional fee's with the exception of ride-a-longs. Msg me if you have any other questions regarding the event, We understand not many events have ever been ran like this if not any so there is bound to be some confusion."

Sooo im guessing everybody pays the $20 at the door.
    That ad is very misleading, then. They should not put "FREE" at the top like that. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    All that is going to do is get a bunch of crappy DD's entered in the car show, as it is the same price to drive in, as opposed to walking in through the gates. Instead of 60 good drifters, half of them will be kids trying it for the first time in their FWD. Cars with stock stereos with a couple of 10's will be competing in the soundoff.
    All this does is trade quality for quantity. Anyone that has held car shows before, or has even been to them over 10 years already knows this.

They clearly haven't been around in the scene long if they believe, "We understand not many events have ever been ran like this...". NOPI was run at AMS this same way for years - It cost at NOPI about the same to drive in a DD with 2 people, as to park outside, and buy tickets for 2 people. People would "enter" their stock cars all the time to be able to bring in their own coolers/beer. I know someone who got 2nd place there with a stock car, and 3rd with a stock stock - neither of which were show vehicles, and were just to bring in drinks. This is even worse planning - at least you needed 2 people per car at NOPI for it to be worth it. This even t makes it look like everyoen should just drive in - there is no reason to park outside for even a single person.
    That ad is very misleading, then. They should not put "FREE" at the top like that. Later, QD.
    I completely agree with the both of you. I think it should have been free general admission then had people pay to play. There will probably be a lot of stock cars, including mine if i end up going, in the middle of the track.

Yeah. I thought about taking the CVCC, but I don't know. Later, QD.

.:driftMechaniks:com:. down_shift's Avatar

All that is going to do is get a bunch of crappy DD's entered in the car show, as it is the same price to drive in, as opposed to walking in through the gates. Instead of 60 good drifters, half of them will be kids trying it for the first time in their FWD.
    not to add a bunch of drama but this is being held the same day as a Turner Field Drift day held by the local atlanta dudes.

IA Member

We have been doing Car shows for about 10 years. Primarily in the NC / SC area for the first say 3 years, Expanded out to other states, Currently in 10 states around the East coast.

We know the guy from nopi personally, But that doesn't Mean that the event will be ran as so.

We have our own scoring system for Show, We have our own Drifting Rule book, We are our own entity, This is a Driver appreciation day, There is only a fee to get in, once in if you want to show and drift your car Go for it, Even Vendors are the same way, There is no cost to advertise just let us know, Donate an item for charity, and set up your tent. Its a day for you guys, We Already have 50 drivers signed up as far as drifting goes, With a 60 driver cap. And Several of the drivers will be in our Pro am of our competition series, as far as front wheel drive absolutely not, The point is to have fun.

I highly doubt we will be giving awards to a street daily'd car unless its rediculously clean over a legit show car. Come out and I promise if you have a nice car you will be judged fairly.

As to what down shift said, yes turner field is happening the same day, It was discussed and We did try to contact howard But the show goes on, Howard us and SWD are trying as much as possible to keep events from being near each other.

We have a points chase series this year for the drifting side of things, We put 5 grand into a purse, and for every driver that registers at our events across the east coast 10dollars goes into that purse until november for the finals. So the purse could go upwards to 8-10grand easily.

Information on that is here.
    http://kossmotorsports.com/KMS_Drift...p_Series-2.pdf

Here is one of our larger shows

If you would please check out our other events at our website, if you are concerned this is some guy that some how scored AMS to do a 1 time event. We will be doing this for at least the next 4 years
    http://kmsracing.org/newpicg/2011/4-...rs/index12.htm

We have donations from Company's That we will be raffling off to donate to the Japan Relief Fund Raiser,

With that said if you have any questions feel free to call me @ 386 438 9012.
    we understand we are the "new guy" and I don't expect your respect out the gate. But I hope to earn it in the future.

Brent

Certified Gearhead

Coverage on PASMAG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -549984_3527942360818_1339961689_3283871_1677111923_n-jpg  

Certified Gearhead

Certified Gearhead

This is an example of how the drift finals would look like at Atlanta Motor Speedway

IA Member

Thank you for the continued support Endless.

Certified Gearhead

:::UPDATE 4/8/12:::: All Registered Drivers at KMS Drift May 13th event at AMS, will get a few laps on the oval track at the end of the event!!! For registered drivers only.

Certified Gearhead

-303417_331162063613831_100001601209107_855195_255705778_n-jpg

Certified Gearhead

KMS Drift Do You Want A Clutch??
    Competition Clutch Voucher is in for the May 13th Raffle!! additional merchandise from Meng Motorsports, dyno test run and tuning and much more. All proceeds from the raffle, photo ops and ride along will go to RFJP. Daijiro Yoshihara 2011 Formula Drift Champion and Triple Crown winner charity!! Coverage in PASMag!!

IA Member

Whats up, We will be doing quite a bit of drawings over the next 2 months, Register your name will be in the pool for the entire length / duration of the drawings.

Thanks guys!

Register here - www.kossmotorsports.com/contest

IA Member

Alright Folks, We are opening u Media Registration for Atlanta Motor Speedway May 13th, We are only allowing 6 Photographers, And 6 Videographers. Submit your information / portfolio @ http://kossmotorsports.com/kms-drift...media-sign-up/

Rules that Apply to media if you are chosen, We will be emailing you an agreement.

KMS Media Coverage
    1. Free admission to event to select photographer and videographer only. (Free food at select locations)
    2. Copies of pictures must be issued to KMS prior to leaving the event. KMS holds all rights of pictures and has the authority to post on website, social media platforms, and any publication KMS chooses. Credits will be given to photographer.
    3. Safety Rules: You must have a Safety Vest on at all time while on track. (One will be provided by KMS if needed)
    4. Respect all course workers and follow safety advice and restrictions.
    5. KMS has rights to all Pictures and Video posted. (Please do not post any that may be considered negative and embarrassing of a person)
    6. Photos: KMS requires you to give credit to KMS & Sponsors in posting photos. KMS must be tagged in all event pictures on all social media sites and platforms.
    7. Video: KMS requires you to give credit to KMS & Sponsors in video. KMS requires our LOGO and site name at beginning and ending credits. KMS also requires the video to be uploaded to our YouTube page.

You can Upload Zipped Files Let us know if you have issues Signing up, and We will be back with you shortly on whom will be providing media @ this event!