Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import Alliance Atlanta 2012

Certified Gearhead BORICUACIVICR's Avatar

What a waste of my time and money! Hell I wasnt even able to get in the actual event, it was just down and was told to leave. Who was the idio who decided it would be a good idea to do this in the middle of down town at turner field??? I new APD was going to be hard on the event and all the high school ricers doing burn outs on the streets helped get it shut down!! Way to go assholes!! Why is ig that most of the idiots that do burn outs their cars are not even fast??? Anyways, it was terrible a big FAIL for AI!
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the peoples I had to kill because they pissed me off,

Stay Humble

dyslexia much?^

Why was it shut down early?

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by chaseamundo View Post
    dyslexia much?^

Ricers.

Certified Gearhead

only good thing about it was getting a good price on a nice boost guage other than that it sucked

^ Yeah, I traded a 10" fan for a bag of chips and a nos. That's about it.

Good to see the GPC group there. More preludes than I've seen in a looong time.

^Yeah there was a big Prelude turn out! Wish I still had mine

Everyone that is complaining must of arrived late because I got there, got a good parking spot and saw all the cars w/o any problems.. The ricers burning out when they left was pretty ghey though

They should of had it at Atlanta motor speedway.

Certified Gearhead

yea my caravan got there at about 8:30am and it was fine. i left at 12ish and there where no issues at the time. just not enough port o pottys lol and i did see a dumb ass in a white kia trying to do burnouts

Quote Originally Posted by gottraction? View Post
    yea my caravan got there at about 8:30am and it was fine. i left at 12ish and there where no issues at the time. just not enough port o pottys lol and i did see a dumb ass in a white kia trying to do burnouts
    agreed, I will say though we did have quite a few people trying to do burnouts when I was waiting to get in. I had no problems with finding a parking space at 1030. Stayed till they started kicking people out. Did you see the ranger do a burnout/doughnut too?

Quote Originally Posted by 01CDMLUDER View Post
    They should of had it at Atlanta motor speedway.
    Hell no, then it would really feel like NOPI lol. .speaking of, one of the Myers brothers was out there handing out their dirty nopi nationals advertisement cards.

Event got "shut down" simply due to overwhelming the system. no one was really acting retarded up until that point. It was not shut down, more like capped. No one was asked to leave. Just couldn't add more.

GOTTA HAVE FUCKING FOOD VENDORS, NEED SOMETHING THAT SAYS "I PAID BITCH" AS WELL.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Certified Gearhead BORICUACIVICR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaseamundo View Post
    dyslexia much?^

Suck Dick much?^ FYI: Typing on my phone while my gf was driving...
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the peoples I had to kill because they pissed me off,

Stay Humble

It was a joke. Chilax.
    I actually enjoyed this meet. Food was our only issue.

it was shut down because they were allowed 3500 cars and 6000 showed up so the city shut it down... un-necessary ricers

I do agree with holding it at AMS being that the turnout was 6k cars. Food vendors was a definite for the next event and more portable bathroom locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

IA's Custom PC Junky eViLMunkey's Avatar

yeah I left around 1:30ish, liked it and ran into peoples I hadn't seen in a while (since i rarely ever come out to events).

Next time someone also needs to notify the surrounding eaterys....the one grill that was open within walking distance had only 2 employees working and it took well over 2 hours to order and eat a quick lunch.

I hope this fiasco of a day doesn't deter people from driving down to the ATL meet next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MachNU View Post
    Good to see this event was just as bad as last year. Usual dumbass ricers got the event closed early...no food vendors, terrible parking...just a general cluster fuck.

On a good note, nice to see Volatile, Forged and Zen groups...only people I was able to find in the mess.
    did you miss the Food trucks?

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    Hell no, then it would really feel like NOPI lol. .speaking of, one of the Myers brothers was out there handing out their dirty nopi nationals advertisement cards.

Event got "shut down" simply due to overwhelming the system. no one was really acting retarded up until that point. It was not shut down, more like capped. No one was asked to leave. Just couldn't add more.

GOTTA HAVE FUCKING FOOD VENDORS, NEED SOMETHING THAT SAYS "I PAID BITCH" AS WELL.
    got to see your car in person today , f'n tits! loved it , we got there around 8am found great parking , and overall got burned out on it by 1pm , it was great seein old faces and meetin new ones

IA Member

they better let me in for free at the summer meet since they cut my day short. we arrived in 4 cars, left for lunch in 1 and they would let us back in to get our other cars. that was about the most worthless staff i have ever seen at a meet there was plenty of parking few clean clean cars and food, vendors, restroom facility's were sub par

Certified Gearhead

I personally had a good time. and loved the parking lot idea way more than the garage last year. I arrived just after 9am, with a little back up on I75. They blocked off exit 246 and I just proceeded to the next exit and went on the back roads. I walked all the lots a couple times and I still missed a lot of cars. I stayed until we got "kicked out" but the meet was dying off by then anyways, with only 2 little food carts, 10 porter johns, and 3.5k people, there was only so long people would stick around.

If I could give criticism for whoever sets this up, put the venders in the back of the green lot to keep the flow of the entrances going a little better, get some food vendors, and get some johns all around the place. Not sure if there is a way to get more parking available either, but that would help if we really had 2.5k cars turned away on the hwy due to a full lot.

For everyone whining, there aren't many places to fit over 4k parked cars, and probably almost 10k people walking all over the streets. Heavy traffic is bound to happen with many arriving and leaving at the same time. I had a harder time parking and leaving at the garage in the congress center last year, and the open lot was much nicer imo.
    THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING MADE THAT DID NOT HAVE A PURPOSE

Performance: QR25DE-T

Quote Originally Posted by brownhelmet1 View Post
    they better let me in for free at the summer meet since they cut my day short. we arrived in 4 cars, left for lunch in 1 and they would let us back in to get our other cars. that was about the most worthless staff i have ever seen at a meet there was plenty of parking few clean clean cars and food, vendors, restroom facility's were sub par
    They ain't gonna let you in for free so making demands like that won't get you anywhere. It wasn't the staff that was the problem. They way underrated themselves with how many cars were gonna show up and the fire marshal told them we had to go due to excessive amounts of people.

I do agree with the food vendors and restroom areas. There should have been more restroom areas and the food vendors should have gotten there a lot sooner.
    Bitches love bacon.

I think if they had the blue lot side head out south bound then right between the stadium and onto the hwy would've been better and the gold lot side out north bound would've help the flow of traffic much better at the end. Other than that I actually enjoyed myself.
    zoom-zoom-zoom

Quote Originally Posted by gangito View Post
    bumppppppppppppppp
    What the fuck are you bumping here?
    Bitches love bacon.

I was kinda bummed that I ended up not going because it turned out I had to work today... Drove from Kennesaw to Dalton (1hr drive) to work in the morning. On my way back at around 3:40ish I take I-75 South and I saw ricers heading back from IA, guessing they were going back to Tennessee; some were chillin riding good and some were driving fucking stupid.

Out of about 25 cars I only saw like 4 good looking ones and then I thought to my self "are imports trying to be rat rods now or wtf! A bunch of them have miss matched or rusted paint! And their wheels with a bunch of fucking camber!

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    Event got "shut down" simply due to overwhelming the system. no one was really acting retarded up until that point.
    Dude I don't know what meet you were at, but I lost count of how many douche bags I saw trying to do burnouts and revving the piss out of their motors while waiting in line to get into a lot.

It was an OK meet for me. Too many dickheads in one area however. Kinda like a varsity meet with 100x more people. Haha I heard some kid there bragging to his buddies about how his tires lasted 5 months being hellaflush and supposedly that was good, F'k that.
    1988 Supra N/A 5spd SLOW

^IA's most loved^ UpSideDownDesi's Avatar

Pulled up circled around, saw the fiasco, got right back on 85N and went home.

dc5

Look guys. This was the first year they had it at Turner Field. We are just soo lucky to have this kind of event in Atl, close to us. Alot of people drove 8-12 hours away where we drive 20-30 min. away. The IA staff did an awesome job regardless what APD did and etc. We all know ricers will always do stupid stuff. Can't prevent it. Now, if the police started enforcing some rules and etc, others wouldn't have done stupid stuff.

If you are into cars, this event was the bomb. To all the people that complain and whine how it sucked, get a life, don't go next time. Simple as that.

Good to see this event was just as bad as last year. Usual dumbass ricers got the event closed early...no food vendors, terrible parking...just a general cluster fuck.

On a good note, nice to see Volatile, Forged and Zen groups...only people I was able to find in the mess.
    Yeah dude good seeing you

Usual dumbass ricers got the event closed early...
    That isn't what caused the event to close early.

havent seen this before

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    That isn't what caused the event to close early.
    true..im glad i didnt have to drive hours just to see it was closed. we all met up the varsity after it closed
    1980 Volvo 242 GT Turbo 265hp/293trq
    1992 Volvo 244 daily driver

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post
    Look guys. This was the first year they had it at Turner Field. We are just soo lucky to have this kind of event in Atl, close to us. Alot of people drove 8-12 hours away where we drive 20-30 min. away. The IA staff did an awesome job regardless what APD did and etc. We all know ricers will always do stupid stuff. Can't prevent it. Now, if the police started enforcing some rules and etc, others wouldn't have done stupid stuff.

If you are into cars, this event was the bomb. To all the people that complain and whine how it sucked, get a life, don't go next time. Simple as that.
    True that! Big ups to IA for handling over 3k cars for over 6 hours period! The day they pull the even in Atlanta the real complaints would start! Im just happy i got to explain to many people what my car was. Since im pretty sure out of 3k cars i was the only Chrysler Conquest lol

dc5

it was a learning experience for apd and ia. I am sure next time, they will know whats up and how to control the traffic properly....

I had a great time! I walked around, snapped 200+ pics, bought some souvenirs, and headed to The Varsity afterwards. I saw a variety of cars. From super clean to cars up on jacks. All rides respected.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post

x2. ...Very well said!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12