Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gwinnett Thursday MEET December 6, NEW SPOT AGAIN

I think that I might come out there tonight, and will bring the camera.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

I might roll by on my way out to the varsity

IA's Custom PC Junky eViLMunkey's Avatar

I may make an appearance in the 4Runner

I stopped by wild bills... maybe 5-10 people there so i rolled to the varsity.

Pics from last night are in this thread: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...s-April-5-2012

More pics are here: http://photobucket.com/04052012-Wild-Bills
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

^IA's most loved^ UpSideDownDesi's Avatar

As you all have seen, only half of the parking lit will be open for the meet tonight. Wild Bills has asked by 11:30 everyone be inside enjoying the party, which is free or be off the property since we have under 18 crowd as well.

-Trash cans will be placed in front if the lot, don't litter instead respect the place that is provided to us.

It's a FOAM PARTY inside Wild Bills tonight, everyone 21+ is FREE, discounted entry at $5 for under. Just say you are with "sunny and car meet" at the ticket counter.

Lets act mature & have fun.

It's about to go down. Who's coming out and kicking it up at Gwinnett Meet?

READ THIS: Trash belongs in Trash cans, please act mature and throw your trash in the trash can closest to you. If seen leaving trash in the lot, you will be asked infront of every to pick it up and put in the trash can or leave the meet immediately. NO RECKLESS Driving in the parking lot, NO EXCESSIVE Revving, and NO Improper parking. We all love a nice laid back meet, lets keep it that way.

At the meet tonight Take advantage of special pricing on products from Gwinnett Meet Sponsors. These local businesses have stepped up to help the make scene better, and lets not hold back showing support to them.

Xenon HID Lights & Solar Tint of Atlanta - Some of the products & Prices on town on HID Kits, LED Bulbs, Lighting products & Tinting. Stop by their booth at the meet to get the meet hook up price.
    Phone: 770.256.4189. FB page: http://www.facebook.com/XenonHIDLights

Stick N Wrap
    - Who wants some super cool stickers? Stop by Stick N Wraps' booth to check out what they are bringing out tonight. Dirt cheap prices, why Ebay when you can Stick N Wrap?
    FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/Sticknwrap

It's all in the Detail - Everyone who was at the meet last Thursday saw what these guys can do for $10 hand wash, simply excellent results. Why wash your car somewhere else, when you can get it washed right at the meet? $10 cash hand wash ($7 ladies special) all night long. Bring it dirty, take it back CLEAN.
    Phone: 678-732-6131

i will be there in the new hatch!!!

Can I come?

Speed & Mischief - Formula Drift Atlanta Ticket Give away contest. Starting this Thursday I will start win a FD ticket contest till 05/05/2012. See below for Contest Rules.

See me this Thursday to get posters and flyers.

1. Person is to hand out Formula Drift Atlanta Poster & Flyers to local shops/automotive businesses. Person who posts up the most posters WINS Formula Drift Ticket.
    2. Person is to take picture with each poster posted up at the business.
    3. Ticket can't be exchange for Cash Prize.
    4. Each submission will be check before prize is handed out.
    3. Must be 18+, if under accompanied by parent to take the prize.

i went there last night it was retarded,
    People doing burn out and speeding in the parkinglot. wtf, another RICER meet just different location.
    Last edited by Austin?; 04-20-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownDesi View Post
    Speed & Mischief - Formula Drift Atlanta Ticket Give away contest. Starting this Thursday I will start win a FD ticket contest till 05/05/2012. See below for Contest Rules.

See me this Thursday to get posters and flyers.

1. Person is to hand out Formula Drift Atlanta Poster & Flyers to local shops/automotive businesses. Person who posts up the most posters WINS Formula Drift Ticket.
    2. Person is to take picture with each poster posted up at the business.
    3. Ticket can't be exchange for Cash Prize.
    4. Each submission will be check before prize is handed out.
    3. Must be 18+, if under accompanied by parent to take the prize.
    Seems like a lot of work to give away your free promo ticket...
    Real Friends > Car Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Prime. View Post
    Lol really. Or alternatively go to the formula d website and buy a ticket for 25 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime. View Post
    It's 2 tickets now, not just one. Can't just hand them out, gotta work to get them. iff someone wants free tickets, they are right here.

IA Member

who all will be rolling out to the meet tonight?????

My Ride Rules, Speed TV Show, Atlanta cars are out at the Gwinnett Meet tonight from Original 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 Elenore to Turbo NSX to VIP GS460 Hybrid to Fully Modded 2002 Subaru WRX. Come check out the cars, and pick your favorite for the show.

http://www.facebook.com/MyRideRules

Bump for tonight...

new to atlanta... want to meet some ppl! is there a meet tonight?!?

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by esco97civicR View Post
    new to atlanta... want to meet some ppl! is there a meet tonight?!?
    every thursday night at wild bills off pleasant hill rd.

....it's just an hhr

headed out there for a minute... my first meet in atlanta, it was strait for a chill thursday night jst sux when your new! awkward af! il head out nxt thursday and start to meet yal ! im in the stock grey Z!

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Austin? View Post
    Ricer Meet!!!
    This is the perfect meet for some one that like to watch car burn out, speeding and doing stupid shit FEETS from your own car then they will love this meet...
    90% mexican
    10% other.
    LOL
    don't know...never been. every meet that is public is going to have jackasses come out and show out. from what i have seen there are some nice rides that come out tho. i will make it one day.

and damn i hope i don't see people speeding and doing stupid shit feets from my own car........cause i don't even know what the fuck that is.....lol...jk

....it's just an hhr

Quote Originally Posted by kiss_my_SS View Post
    don't know...never been. every meet that is public is going to have jackasses come out and show out. from what i have seen there are some nice rides that come out tho. i will make it one day.

and damn i hope i don't see people speeding and doing stupid shit feets from my own car........cause i don't even know what the fuck that is.....lol...jk
    People who speed or burn out get put out of the meet that moment.

Certified Gearhead

tell that to the guy i quoted lol. he says its all ricers and mexicans there smh

....it's just an hhr

headed out there for a minute... my first meet in atlanta, it was strait for a chill thursday night jst sux when your new! awkward af! il head out nxt thursday and start to meet yal ! im in the stock grey Z!
    Yeah man i was in your same spot years back. Awkwardly walking up to groups of people and trying to get into the conversation. It sucks.

Funny enough, in the end i met more longterm friends by chilling on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    Yeah man i was in your same spot years back. Awkwardly walking up to groups of people and trying to get into the conversation. It sucks.

Funny enough, in the end i met more longterm friends by chilling on the forum.
    yea it suck big time, seems like everybody knows each other and your standing there like "i like your exhaust tone what brand is it?" LMAO!!! im going to keep going to whatever meets are out here for the love of IMPORTS!!!!!!!

Bull shit. I didn't see anybody pulling or tugging these fool when they was speeding and burning out.

Bull shit. I didn't see anybody pulling or tugging these fool when they was speeding and burning out.
    Agreed. I originally wasnt going to say anything but i thought the same thing. Last time i went, there was a white rx7 laying down rubber and nobody did shit about it. Dude launched and i seriously thought he was going to hit me.

Yet the mother fucker went about his business like nothing happened. Dont try to make that meet (no different from any other shitty ricer meet) sound legit.

yea it suck big time, seems like everybody knows each other and your standing there like "i like your exhaust tone what brand is it?" LMAO!!! im going to keep going to whatever meets are out here for the love of IMPORTS!!!!!!!
    I find that typically the model specif meets are usually more friendly/intimate as well. I just threw a supra meet and chilled with 9-10 dudes I've never met before.

I find that typically the model specif meets are usually more friendly/intimate as well. I just threw a supra meet and chilled with 9-10 dudes I've never met before.
    very true.... i dont see many 350z's out here :/

yal still do the rollout from v?

GPC(Georgia Prelude Club) always has a solid turnout to these things. It was pretty legit, except for the one guy in the Jetta doing a burnout and the guy in the 4 door civic crashing into the median on the road parallel to Wild Bills. There was also a GT-R and a Gallardo that made a guest appearance. Yesterday we had 5 guys when it was raining. Last week, we had 14 ludes show up. To esco97, you're always welcome to come talk with us. We're always there. I'll try to find you next Thursday.

i didnt need see the post til now :/ i didnt go yesterday because the last two times i went, how i said everybody sticks to themselves...

Its all good. Yesterday it was a bit of a bust because people wimp out when it starts raining.

You need to keep your eyes peel next time you see this, everyone who acts stupid get told put up or leave the meet. If you are expecting some kind of confrontation, then wrong place.

Agreed. I originally wasnt going to say anything but i thought the same thing. Last time i went, there was a white rx7 laying down rubber and nobody did shit about it. Dude launched and i seriously thought he was going to hit me.

Yet the mother fucker went about his business like nothing happened. Dont try to make that meet (no different from any other shitty ricer meet) sound legit.
    You saw him laying down rubber, and you totally missed out on the guy who walked up to him and told him to cut it or beat it, and park properly.

Let me ask you both, as part of the meet what were you doing instead of just standing around and watching? If you aren't doing anything about it then don't complain either or make it sound "shitty ricer meet". Y'all complain here, but do nothing to help out or improve it. Not only do we make it "sound legit", we put some effort behind it too rather than hitting few keyboard keys.

If you hate it so much then save the trouble, stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by westernlude View Post
    GPC(Georgia Prelude Club) always has a solid turnout to these things. It was pretty legit, except for the one guy in the Jetta doing a burnout and the guy in the 4 door civic crashing into the median on the road parallel to Wild Bills. There was also a GT-R and a Gallardo that made a guest appearance. Yesterday we had 5 guys when it was raining. Last week, we had 14 ludes show up. To esco97, you're always welcome to come talk with us. We're always there. I'll try to find you next Thursday.
    That Jetta, as most cars do their stupid deeds when they are about to leave, my 2 legs aren't no match to run across the lot and catch them in time. Next time he comes, he'll def be told to keep his horses calm. Meet is getting big, we have better things coming for it as we go deeper in summer. We try our best to make it as comfortable as we can for everyone and only ask that people respect the parking lot space we have been given. Thanks for coming out and supporting it.

Let me ask you both, as part of the meet what were you doing instead of just standing around and watching? If you aren't doing anything about it then don't complain either or make it sound "shitty ricer meet". Y'all complain here, but do nothing to help out or improve it. Not only do we make it "sound legit", we put some effort behind it too rather than hitting few keyboard keys.
    Am I supposed to do anything other than walk around and try to enjoy myself? If you want to be Mr. Ring-Leader basically saying "we are so legit that we pull people of the meet if they act like assholes", then that's all on you as far as I'm concerned. If you pulled that RX-7 dickhead out, props, but I was in the general vicinity for at least a few minutes after and didn't see it. Are there worse meets in Georgia? Sure, but I just don't like the idea of you trying to offer this as a nirvana away from the "typical ricer meets" when there's not much that separates this from the BP meets a few years back.

Beyond "hitting a few keyboard keys"... I put a supra meet together 2 weeks ago to get away from the more typical scene. Went great, and not one person so much as screeched their tires.

I haven't been to one since... Thank you very much.

You need to keep your eyes peel next time you see this, everyone who acts stupid get told put up or leave the meet. If you are expecting some kind of confrontation, then wrong place.

You saw him laying down rubber, and you totally missed out on the guy who walked up to him and told him to cut it or beat it, and park properly.

I'll make it point Thursday to find you and meet you. We usually park on the 3rd row from the first exit, so if you happen to go by, make sure and say hi!

Who's going Thursday?