Thread: What did everyone think about Nopi this year?

Default What did everyone think about Nopi this year?

I thought that the Nopi show in '04 was alot better than this year. This year wasn't bad.....it was alittle boring I thought.

I rem the rumors os it bein moved outwest and all the stores bein closed down and made a Online store only. WOW its been a while since i been home.

Banned

i liked this year alot...then again i didn't go last year but oh well...i enjoyed it

I Sell Rubbers

i thought it was badass...WAY smaller this yr than previous years but overall there was alot less rice than most yrs and alot more hottness (cars and girlz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpharetta Police
    Ask me why im looking at you...

I don't know, just about 80% of the cars that weren't near the vendors, on the side fields way in the back & sides were mostly ricey. The girls are always hott, I went on Sunday so Sat could of been better who knows. Oh yea, the West Coast Customs WideBody Jetta was the hottness, the back wheels lip was as big as my head no joke

I liked it... It was not as big as some that I have been to in the past years... but it sure made it easier to walk around the vendor area... but I agree with Jason.. there still was a fair amount of rice, but not as much I have encountered in the past years...

Overall, I had a blast!!
    ~In life it's most important to find a world that belongs to us. Life is meaningful only when we can find this world.~

IA.COM Founder.

I saw about 500 cars on saturday In the 3 hours I was there, Saw about 10 that were hot.. the rest were Ricey or just nothing to it.

I enjoyed the Drifting... And Im not a fan of drifting.. But watching those guys out there was actually pimp the shit there were doing..

Yeah some of the cars there.......just made my jaw drop..(ricers). I don't really bash people on the way their rides look but, this past weekend was alittle to much for me....but I will be back next year.

damn i thought it was the best one yet (ive been to the past 6)!!! the drifting was awesome! some cars i saw should have not been it there but oh well. i have 240+ pics and 3-4 small clips and the drifting all on one memory stick!! im loading them to my computer right now and will start the slow process of uploading them to photobucket. if i knew how i would load the clips.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

IA KING

i will say it was interesting... i think if it wasn't a billion degrees it would be better, but there was tons of rice; not many cars outside of the vendor area that were worth looking at

i seriously coulda kept my 40 bucks. it was ok, but my first year of nopi was the best one. i believe it was 01 or whenver i turned 16.

i heard there was alot of girls there!!!

IA Member

It was ok. Not as good as last year 04. Seemed kinda boring except for the drifting. I only went on Sat.

Wanna-be-OG

Only yr that was good to me was my first year....02 or whenever the girl was sadly raped and killed (R.I.P)........

All I want to know is who was in the boosted gunmetal del sol slammed on slips that we raced up 75/85 Sat? We were in the black s/c'ed 02 CLK430 benz.....

It was pretty good..Just hott as hell and expensive food and drinks.

Chargin

was the del sol a dark grey color with tint??

I was honestly a little pissed at the judge, when he only spent about 10 seconds on my car.... but my anger went away after winning a first place lol

Seriously though, I went the past two years and it was the first time actually seeing the drift events. I missed them years prior. I had a blast and will go again next year.

Chargin

slammed on some black slips?

It sucked... I was there for an hour sunday... They didnt have any parts I wanted, so I left.

It was ok I guess. You had to give up and arm to get a Turkey Leg of $8.00 and then $4.00 for coke or water. $5.00 for a burger. $3.00 for a small hotdog. $7.00 For the Famous Nacho Cheese Steak ewww, That's Vendor's for ya there all rip off's

I got a second place trophy I lost to a Stock SVT Focus with a carbon fiber hood.
    Jerry @ ATLStreet.com

I liked this year more. How often do you get the chance to come withing inches of Hulk Hogan?

I am God's gift to the stick shift.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    I was honestly a little pissed at the judge, when he only spent about 10 seconds on my car.... but my anger went away after winning a first place lol

Seriously though, I went the past two years and it was the first time actually seeing the drift events. I missed them years prior. I had a blast and will go again next year.
    I have to agree on the judging, I may sound bitter (cause I am) but I guess I should go put a big ass park bench for a wing on my trunk so I can place next year.

Loved the drifting though, its my first time ever seeing it in person and I was truly amazed. I'll probably start doing some of the drift events here now.

it was my first but thought it was a nice show but kind of borin

The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar

02 was my best year...to be honest, its not about the show, its about ( for me) driving up there with a whole bunch of friends and just tripping out and enjoying life....could careless about judging....even tho alot of cars were tacky i respected em to an extent...they spent money on it and just wanted to show it off a lil bit...yaah mean

i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by B16a2 Civic
    02 was my best year...to be honest, its not about the show, its about ( for me) driving up there with a whole bunch of friends and just tripping out and enjoying life....could careless about judging....even tho alot of cars were tacky i respected em to an extent...they spent money on it and just wanted to show it off a lil bit...yaah mean

I really wish I could have hung out.. I would have had a lot more fun. Since my car was at a booth I guess they agree to keep the cars there all through the weekend.

The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    I really wish I could have hung out.. I would have had a lot more fun. Since my car was at a booth I guess they agree to keep the cars there all through the weekend.
    dang that sucks but again thats good, your car got alot of exposure.

i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

Nopi is always evolving, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. The judging is ALWAYS hit or miss. Some know what they are lookin at, some look for spoilers and spray painted crap. In the last few years the larger classes seem to get the more experienced judges.
    It seemed much smaller this year, but the average car was far nicer than normal. It was equally hard to win based on that I believe. I have said this before and I countnue to stand by it, We in ATL are spoiled w/ guys who continually build cutting edge cars. Take the Honda classes, all the best ofs but one were local cars. Is it because Nopi is here? Nope, these same cars win in TN, FL, even NY, NJ and out west. We really do have the best local cars, and when Nopi moves away, they will feel the impact of leaving the ATL loyal attendees.
    This year I give Nopi Nats an 8/10- Cool to get new vendors like WCC, sad to lose others like Falken, DC sports (for a while now) and alot of out of state rides due to gas prices.
    GC
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

The thing that was great was the drifting on the inside I hated walking all the way back out too see it I got a lot of parts but over all last year was funner
    I never won any spelling bees

Horsepower looks good on paper, Torque wins races.

I Just Wanna Be Loved... 99ITRGIRL's Avatar

I think last year was better

Quote Originally Posted by Kevykev
    No "I" in Team?? But there's a "U" in sUck lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by AtifSajid
    You momma so stupid she told everyone to repost shit.
    http://www.myspace.com/ashtonluv

dc5

What was the # of registered cars this year?

I had fun and enjoyed it, however didn't enjoy the sunburn and outrageous water prices I mean $4 WTF!?!?! They could sell it for $2 and still make a profit damn greedy bastards.

i thought it kinda sucked.... the judge was old and didnt even look at my car, just put his sticker on it and glanced and went to the next... won 2nd last 2 years....
    Vtec Keep Left, Slow Traffic Keep Right....

IA Member

Article and pic galleries at www.nicoclub.com . Enjoy!

Unknown

Default Judging

Im with you Tony the judging sucked!, all they wanted was ricey cars. Saw your car there hate i did not see you there. Dont be a stranger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -nopi-2005-183-jpg   -nopi-2005-185-jpg   -552953_35_full-jpg   -nopi-2005-123-jpg